It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists attack Pakistan School , 500 students held hostage Gunfire on

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaDeCo
Why in the world isn't this thread getting more traction on this site? I am sort of shocked. This is important news. I am so saddened by the loss of these children. I can't even imagine. I don't want to imagine. Any other updates beyond what the MSM is spewing?

IT won't , most of the MSM just casually talked about how a school was attacked and went back to Sydney like it didn't matter

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
7nth blast now ... only 2 adults have died rest are all children most with bullet wounds

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

They matter. Those children. Those families. I know I am preaching to the choir. I am just genuinely upset about this.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Why in the world isn't this thread getting more traction on this site? I am sort of shocked. This is important news. I am so saddened by the loss of these children. I can't even imagine. I don't want to imagine. Any other updates beyond what the MSM is spewing?

Because they aint Western Caucasian looking Kids. No-one in the west really cares.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Coverage about this is rather well in Germany and this attack has replaced the news coverage about Sidney atm.
Maybe the US Media just isn't this interested...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

This is appalling.

I was getting some horrible shivers yesterday thinking about the hostage situation in Oz.

Not only the folk really there but how i'd feel if i'd gone to that cafe with my kid and what that would be like. I don't normally get caught up on the "terror" of such events in this way but it was a chilling reflection. But so many kids in a school and such an appalling toll.

Desperately sad.
edit on 16-12-2014 by skalla because: typo

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Reports of the death toll now at 126, with another 122 injured.

www.irishtimes.com...

At least 126 people were killed and 122 injured on Tuesday in an attack by Taliban militants on a Pakistani high school, a provincial official said.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Talliostro
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Maybe the US Media just isn't this interested...

Or maybe the US only report on their own School Shootings. Apathy?. Who knows.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
2 terrorists escaped , 4 killed , 1 teacher dead , 1 soldier and rest Children i think ....

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: KaDeCo

I think we are numb at the moment, anyway like it has been said above already, and I also do not think I can even try and understand this anymore because it just really really makes no sense whatsoever. Period. If I change my avatar to all black soon this will be why. Someone declare a peace please .... something..... white flags for everyone for a day.... anything that would help. We really need to start something world wide if possible. Something soon.
That is why I was hoping for a more peaceful outcome in the Sydney ordeal , but it didn't quite happen that way unfortunately, although I do think that they tried. I know many people prayed and that it did help. All I have to say and peace and out for now.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Just such crap! Over 120 people killed, mostly KIDS?? Wtf. Total BS, this world sucks ass, it's time to hit the damn reset button, wtf is taking so long??
edit on 16-12-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

You're right. It's a never-ending onslaught of this sort of news. I have been here, as you said, numb for the most part. I don't even know what to say. Prayers though, yes. Plenty of those. I wish there was more I could do.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Just like the Taliban to target children. They did this all the time while we were in Afghanistan.

My first medevac mission was a 6 month old that had her leg blown off in an IED that killed her parents.

The Taliban are a bunch of monsters who use their religion to justify their bloodlust.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
A Pakistani Taliban cell of 6 gunmen/martyrs...
news.yahoo.com...

attack on a military school.... there had to have been chatter that Intel picked up on

with the number of explosions, the attackers likely took in extra backpacks of explosives in addition to the 4(?) suicide vests
(did I read earlier in the thread posts there were 2 primary 'shooters' (as in assassins) and 4 suicide bombers in the attacking group...)

creating the Chaos.... which causes the conditions for the appearance of the Mahdi ... is that the motivation ?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
a reply to: KaDeCo

I think we are numb at the moment, anyway like it has been said above already, and I also do not think I can even try and understand this anymore because it just really really makes no sense whatsoever.

I'm not totally numb, but figures about casualties such as Syria having 191.000 deaths since 2011 with 9000 of them being children has a numbing effect. Meanwhile more to the south, in Africa Boko Haram is killing a lot of people as well with 7000 casualties between 2013-2014 and in the thousands before that period, unknown number of children.

It just goes on and on, I believe conscription/drafting of the general population would be needed with a huge army to get all the bad guys and even if that would happen, it would take several decades for a generation can emerge that doesn't hold grudges and turns to radical islam.

But if one terrorist attacks some place in the west in the name of Islam, it gets a lot of media attention and that is normal because it's so close to home and something can actually be done about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Because they aint Western Caucasian looking Kids. No-one in the west really cares.

I do. A great deal. I am willing to bet you care as well. Before any wee one is indoctrinated into their parent's culture, they are open to everything and don't hate anyone.

These Pakistani children deserve our love and support as much as any toe-headed kids from Connecticut or Montreal, London or Oslo. They are just kids, little kids.

And please don't anyone say "our prayers are with the families" ... It is prayers and who different people pray too that got these kids killed.

No matter where you live in the world, you cannot be totally free if there is a place where a religious group convinces it's members to kill dozens of school kids.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Aimal Wagas in Rawalpindi, Pakistan emails: "I am a Pakistani student. I am 13 years old. Please help us. Taking innocent lives is not just a little thing. Please can you just spread the message that we are innocent, we don't want any of this."

- From the BBC News main website
edit on 16-12-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

Attacking and killing defenceless little kids. Soul-less yellow-spined cowards.

What kind of adult 'people' sit around plotting against kids for goodness sake?

Those poor kids, I can't imagine how terrified they must be. It makes me RAGE.

Folks like this should be tortured. I don't mean water boarding.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There were times where we could travel the world's . Have dialogue with the now called terrorists . We from the west sat side by side drinking a cup of tea , listening to the wonderful stories of the east and middle east . We would show us our family and they them theirs.Took journeys through vast desserts by camels . Looking over wonderful landscapes . Admiring Sandokhan strength fighting off tigers .wondering about the great pyramids of giza . Bow before the prins of Persia. Climb the highest mountains together looking down to Eden. We were friends trading goods .

Now we are divided by wars . Learning how we can hate each other the most and still call us humans. We are all victims of political greed and war mongering demons who ripping appart our economies, dignitaries and our children .

How can ever reverse engineer the human spirrit to something we all longing for...

Do we really need an enemy that is not from this earth as Reagan said to reunite the world for world peace? I think mass war protests against the war mongering political and fanatical religious people to stop the killing and lay down arms . To take back the seat of dialogue and start talking peace for all mankind .

edit on 0b26America/ChicagoTue, 16 Dec 2014 06:51:26 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 16 Dec 2014 06:51:26 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

These sort of folks....you don't set down with them and ask "how can we help"? Peace for them is nothing like what peace may mean to you. I wouldn't insult the word by using it around them anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join