It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just To Be Clear On The Sydney Hostage Situation (POSSIBLE LINKS TO ISIS)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I believe what they are stating is that Shia and Sunni are two different secs of the same religion. Unlike here in the US where you have say Baptists and protestants where both are Christian,these two secs DO NOT get along. Therefore you won't see Shia and Sunni's together on anything. If anything it would be two different extremists groups.But they would not work together.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

how embarrassing it would have been for him if he'd packed a stars and stripes in error.
edit on R2014th2014-12-15T11:02:03-06:0020140am3484 by RoScoLaz4 because: spacing

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Just cause he was trying to be something he wasnt doesn't mean it was isis sponsored.

This man was a nut job, there us to be a difference in nut job and terrorist but now people just see a ME man and default to terrorist.

How do you know they didn't let him join and he was pissed about it?

And get out of here with that ignorant " all Muslims are extremists" tripe.

Maybe it if the US stopped bombing the ME for a year we would see the hate go down for us.

edit on thMon, 15 Dec 2014 11:03:46 -0600America/Chicago1220144680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80
maybe not sponsored, but influenced.

And yet some here are all about trashing Christians every chance they get.
edit on 113131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 113131p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

Really? ISIS whole campaign is convert or die...

If a Shia can't convert to ISIS standard then why the hell are they trying to get people in Shia predominant areas to convert by the sword?

I understand the conflict between the two sects well

And staring out of hand that this guy can't possibly be a member of ISIS just because he's shia is absurd....their whole premise is to convert people to their standard of Islam

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Just cause he was trying to be something he wasnt doesn't mean it was isis sponsored.

No, but ISIS has called for similar attacks, and the terrorist in question seems to be influenced by ISIS.

This man was a nut job, there us to be a difference in nut job and terrorist but now people just see a ME man and default to terrorist.

This guy was a terrorist though. He entered a store, took 15 or so people hostage with a shotgun, and effectively terrorised the city. He threatened the existence of explosive devices and deaths. Do you not consider that terrorism?

And get out of here with that ignorant " all Muslims are extremists" tripe.

I haven't seen many people say that. I'm sure most understand that this is a lone terrorist act by a criminal.

Maybe it if the US stopped bombing the ME for a year we would see the hate go down for us.

True, but the US is doing it on the request of host nations in most cases. ISIS has made its own bed and now must lie in it. They should be destroyed.

link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

It's ignoring clear evidence that the man wanted to be connected to the Islamic state.

Him wanting to be connected to ISIS and him actually being a active member of the group who was acting under their direction are two totally different things.

Is is possible he could be ISIS....

yes.

Do we have any actual evidance he was acting under their direction at this time.

No.

Has the OP denied ignorance by recognising that this was the Flag of the Shadaha rather than a ISIS flag.

Yes.

its very simple.

link   
Crazy white guy, hes just crazy

Crazy muslim guy, damn terrorist sponsored by whichever goup you hate at the moment...

Males sense right.

link   

Sponsored or not what difference does it make?

It's a terrorist act done wholy in the name of ISIS!

What are yall gonna say when Isis comes out and applauds this man for his actions?

Are you guys still going to hold fast to this line of thinking?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
Pretty strong claims there OP. Especially when I've just linked you to what could be evidence LINKING him to his demands for an Isis flag and debunking your claims of 'no connection'.

Yes, he's Shia, yes he's probably never been to Syria/Iraq - but if he's asking for an Isis flag, then he's acting in the name of the Islamic state.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to comprehend?

what is an ISIS flag please tell me ?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
maybe not sponsored, but influenced.

And yet some here are all about trashing Christians every chance they get.

Influenced is different then it being an attack by isis.
And don't worry all religon gets trashed evenly here.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So this is the ISIS terrorist the MSM have been reporting on? This is the guy they killed? Why would a hostage taker put chains on himself? Odd. Seems very odd.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Crazy white guy, hes just crazy

Crazy muslim guy, damn terrorist sponsored by whichever goup you hate at the moment...

Males sense right.

Except that he had a flag and headband and claimed it in their name......

Are we just going to pretend like these facts didn't happen in order to be politically correct?

Wait don't tell me. I know the answer

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

No of course they will applaud the actions, doesn't mean they sponsored it.
What I don't get is how you post you don't like when some one does something and is found to have strong conservative values and then the right takes the heat for it when in your mind they should not but the turn around and do the same thing with the Muslim religon and then want to talk about mental gymnastics

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

He was in court for sending offensive letters to the families of deceased Soldiers calling them "pigs"...

He chained himself to the court in protest of his constitutional rights to make a political statement.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
Pretty strong claims there OP. Especially when I've just linked you to what could be evidence LINKING him to his demands for an Isis flag and debunking your claims of 'no connection'.

Yes, he's Shia, yes he's probably never been to Syria/Iraq - but if he's asking for an Isis flag, then he's acting in the name of the Islamic state.

I'm not sure why this is so hard to comprehend?

do you not understand the conflict between Shia and sunnie ?

they have been opposing each other for century's .. in blood shed.. Sunnie extremist (ISIS and others ) believe Shia to be disbelievers and are worthy of death . i have you taken notice to the genocide of Shia Muslims in Iraq and Syria ?

your telling me this Shia man wants to to be part of the Sunnie Islamic state ?

you have no idea what your talking about .

also the link you posted is broken

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
oh well, whatever he was or wasn't he's dead now and good riddance.

RIP the hostage who's life was lost because of this nut jobs actions.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Maybe if the U.S. stopped bombing?

I'm so tired of this deflection....

So you admit that actions the U.S. has taken could make people carry out terrorist acts

But In the same breath say this guy isn't apart of that....

Nice cognitive disconnect

To add to that. I'm pretty sure those people who were held hostage and died in that chocolate shop, didn't drop a single bomb on anyone

There is no excuse

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Bilk22

He was in court for sending offensive letters to the families of deceased Soldiers calling them "pigs"...

He chained himself to the court in protest of his constitutional rights to make a political statement.

He also had 47 sexual assault claims made against him and was charged with being an accessory to his wife's murder.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Sponsored or not what difference does it make?

It's a terrorist act done wholy in the name of ISIS!

What are yall gonna say when Isis comes out and applauds this man for his actions?

Are you guys still going to hold fast to this line of thinking?

lol.... you have no idea what your saying and you Knowledge on this subject is elementary at best .

essentially what you are saying is this guy wants to be part of a Sunni Islamic state ? even though hes Shia ?

that's a death sentence ! because the ISIS deems Shia to be disbelievers and have been killing them where ever they find them ...

makes no sens what you are saying .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join