It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Why Aliens Probably Exist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I have considered this whole matter of UFOs. When the government simply said that they do not and cannot engineer a UFO type craft, the entire Alien/UFO community simply believes that. As a child, I recall Carl Sagan's Cosmos serial, and him discussing The Drake Equation. As most people were at the time, he was obsessed with Nuclear War destroying any species capable also of creating a radio telescope. Given that simple estimate, he came up with 10 planets in our whole galaxy that would be supporting intelligent life. I disagree with that. By our definition of intelligent life, or any kind of physical life form, I would say that we are completely Alone. Expanding the Drake Equation from simple nuclear weapons on one hand, and a radio telescope on the other, a species has many more options of destroying themselves. Consider also that at approximately the same time they develop something as destructive as nuclear weapons, they also develop some means to customize their own evolution like Genetic Engineering. Once they do, that species, if it does not destroy itself, will evolve at an incredible pace so soon, it would not resemble anything like what it was. The very probable reality is that in the past somewhere in space, there were beings that resembled us like the proverbial ETs so many believe in, but they never have lasted very long. Physical beings like us evolved for a specific planet are just not adaptable at all for any lengthy space voyage. By the time they could get a spacecraft to reach another solar system, with the provision they did not destroy themselves first, they would have evolved past such primitive spacecraft. Anything that would be Alien and better than us would likely have evolved rapidly into an Energy Being.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
In 1964, James Lovelock was among a group of scientists who were requested by NASA to make a theoretical life detection system to look for life on Mars during the upcoming space mission. When thinking about this problem, Lovelock wondered “how can we be sure that Martian life, if any, will reveal itself to tests based on Earth’s lifestyle?”
To Lovelock, the basic question was “What is life, and how should it be recognized?” When speaking about this issue with some of his colleagues at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, he was asked what he would do to look for life on Mars. To this, Lovelock replied:

I’d look for an entropy reduction, since this must be a general characteristic of life.

Thus, according to Lovelock, to find signs of life, one must look for a “reduction or a reversal of entropy.”

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Great video OP

I think unknown entities are using multi-dimensional technology, thus no detection. I believe there have been many genuine UFO sightings, and I believe there could be UFO's in our Solar System constantly evading detection. I also believe there is intelligent life out in the Universe that may resemble life on Earth. I believe alien beings similar to some type of life on Earth, would want to visit Earth, if they had the technology to do so. I also believe there is a cover up and the government knows a whole lot more about UFO's and flying saucers than they are saying.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I think the question of the existence of alien life depends entirely on whether the universe is infinite in size.

If infinite, then not only do other civilisations exist but there are an infinite number of them.

But I suspect the universe is not of infinite size, and I rather doubt that life beyond Earth exists.

The Fermi Paradox is no paradox...unless you take Fermi's optimistic view that there MUST be extraterrestrial life, which is disconfirmed by any evidence whatsoever.

I believe that the conditions for life, vis-a-vis what we know about Earth, are so incredibly fortuitous that it isn't reasonable to suppose the same conditions being replicated elsewhere.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TM62

You know, I want to agree with you, however, I also have a few misgivings with how the whole 'alien culture' that supposedly surrounds us is laid out. I could go into a thread on this subject alone, so I will just leave it at that.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar
The truth is that even this galaxy is big enough and with enough habitable planets that life could have spawned on countless planets and have thrived for millions of years and even have achieved the level of technology as we do or farther. And in all that they still could have gone extinct some millions of years ago and we would never even know of it. And not only that, but it could have happened over and over countless times, and we still would not likely know of it, what based on the timelines and frames your working with, 13 billion years is what they say how old the milky way galaxy is. Well in that time a whole lot of things can happen, a whole lot.

Myself though, I think its just as likely that the aliens are everywhere, in fact its just as likely everybody see one in the mirror when they wake up every day. Fermi paradox aside. What are the chances that a monkey like animal basically from a chimp to us, and would turn into this and all in a mere 200,000 years or so? And not only that basically gone from basically little more then animals with some maybe a grunting language, to all that you see before you satellites in the sky and all, and all that was even done in basically a little over 30,000 years? Lets just say even if you genetically modify a chimp our closest cousin to have a big bigger brain, they still would not likely create a language in a long long time, even if you splice a whole group of them or a whole tribe or city, it will likely still take a whole lot of time for them to even achieve a spoken language among themselfs bigger brain and all, much less a written one.

And even if you kept a whole troupe of actual chimps or a whole town of them around humans for over 10,000 thousand years, with the simple goal of seeing if they pick up human habits and inclinations or even create a sort of primitive chimp spoken language in imitation of us or anything really. Well! If one day we all left they would all still likely just be monkeys and revert back to there old ways, achieving absolutely nothing.

So ya! I do not necessarily believe this place is all that it shows it is. We all just may be an experiment for all we know, and that to is just as likely as the fermi paradox and anything else, in fact seeing this whole planet is basically run like one big giant farm. Ya maybe more so then anything else. But hey we all got theories and who knows, fish in a bowl most likely what all our estimates and predictions add up to.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

I have my doubts as well, so I can agree with you. But on the flip side I also have misgivings that I cannot prove their existence nonexistence either, that is what makes this subject so troubling. I can fill in the blank with many unanswered phenomenon, such as instead of: "Can Aliens exist?" "Can/do Angels/God exist?" There is no physical proof on either side of these debates! You know what I mean? What directs life, if anything. How can we exist should be the biggest question, or do we? I guess that is why the matrix blew me away cause it is so possible that we are just experiencing all of this through our own minds, which is responsible (so I've been told) for dissemination of the 5 senses. It really seems the more you learn about our universe or the possibility of other dimensional extra terrestrial beings or consciousnesses, the more confusing it gets. It is a total mind**ck, unanswerable paradoxes abound! TY for your reply, a wonderful New Year to you and yours!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TM62

Patterns dictate life. We see patterns because they exist in nature. Patterns tell us that there is a cycle, and a meaning to events that surround us. However, I am unsure how certain people can come to a conclusion like that, without looking at the clockwork precision of this reality. EVERYTHING is a pattern, we just aren't big enough to see it. Atheists and your average science aficionado will tell you that it's pareidolia. That is one of the great cop-outs of all time. Now you have to ask yourself, do 'aliens' as we understand them to be, really be capable of altering the very fabric of reality? I think not. They are as much slaves to this existence as we are, the fact that they claim superiority should tell you everything you need to know about 'aliens.' Perhaps one day, someone will have a suitable explanation for why they never seem to want to do anything in the light...
edit on 17-12-2014 by Chronogoblin because: Clarity

top topics

<< 1   >>

join