It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The American Nazi state

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hell they didn't read the GD Patriot ACt,

This one you are right about nobody bother reading it.

They didn't read the GD ACA.

100% wrong. They debated over the ACA for a couple of years before passing it if you think nobody read it then you need to do some research.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Judging by this answer you clearly have no idea of what I am even talking about. Go learn what an empire is then come back.

Anyone who calls the US an 'empire' clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.

Especially when one looks at the current state of the union, and it's DEBT.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Why the putdown on boomers? I am a boomer and know many others who came of age during the 60-70's. We have seen how our government has gotten in to police actions and the loss of civil rights at home. So please don't confuse us with the uninformed citizens. thank you

originally posted by: Eunuchorn
OP, whatever you do, don't try to tell any of this to the baby boomers.

Or gen X.
Or gen Y for that matter.

We are so #ed..

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

I can't agree more. What the US has done is our name is vile, sickening and deplorable. Warning to all are ok with it. I hear anybody talking like right now and you are gonna get your ass handed to you. Anybody who thinks this is ok is THE REASON why this country is going to the toilet and the world would be better off without you.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: crazyewok

Nope not blind.

Don't believe the GD demagoguery that the CIA went around all willy nilly and rounded people up for the hell of it.

As some people are claiming.

Did you even read the link?

THEY FCKED UP A NUMBER OF GD CASES!

You could be there next mistake!

You are against big government yet you want to give them such power I mean WTF? Where is the logic?
edit on 11-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The intelligence reauthorization bill, which the House will vote on today, contains a troubling new provision that for the first time statutorily authorizes spying on U.S. citizens without legal process.

Last night, the Senate passed an amended version of the intelligence reauthorization bill with a new Sec. 309—one the House never has considered. Sec. 309 authorizes “the acquisition, retention, and dissemination” of nonpublic communications, including those to and from U.S. persons. The section contemplates that those private communications of Americans, obtained without a court order, may be transferred to domestic law enforcement for criminal investigations.

To be clear, Sec. 309 provides the first statutory authority for the acquisition, retention, and dissemination of U.S. persons’ private communications obtained without legal process such as a court order or a subpoena. The administration currently may conduct such surveillance under a claim of executive authority, such as E.O. 12333. However, Congress never has approved of using executive authority in that way to capture and use Americans’ private telephone records, electronic communications, or cloud data.

Supporters of Sec. 309 claim that the provision actually reins in the executive branch’s power to retain Americans’ private communications. It is true that Sec. 309 includes exceedingly weak limits on the executive’s retention of Americans’ communications. With many exceptions, the provision requires the executive to dispose of Americans’ communications within five years of acquiring them—although, as HPSCI admits, the executive branch already follows procedures along these lines.

In exchange for the data retention requirements that the executive already follows, Sec. 309 provides a novel statutory basis for the executive branch’s capture and use of Americans’ private communications. The Senate inserted the provision into the intelligence reauthorization bill late last night. That is no way for Congress to address the sensitive, private information of our constituents—especially when we are asked to expand our government’s surveillance powers.

I urge you to join me in voting “no” on H.R. 4681, the intelligence reauthorization bill, when it comes before the House today.
THE BILL PASSED YESTERDAY.
edit on 11-12-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Its time to call an end to whomever programs this place, they have never served the purpose they believe in.

The Creators of all the havoc here, nothing will be overlooked in the total annihilation of them all, thank goodness for them, as they have completely forgotten how they even got here.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Has anyone in the thread READ The GD report ?

I know Feinstein hasn't.

I know MANY people haven't.

Hell they didn't read the GD Patriot ACt,

They didn't read the GD ACA.

They had to release it so they could see what's in it.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Brilliant post,there are many more things to add but think of this if the people of the country allow the leaders to behave like this then they are all responsible and when Karma comes calling,all will pay.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Ah, the ol 'ticking bomb' argument. I wrote a paper on the efficacy of torture and validity of this very argument in college. I spent many hours sifting through peer reviewed periodicals from both the 'ticking bomb' supporters and detractors about the pros/cons of torture and whether or not it could be proven to have any benefit at all.

1. - At the time (2010ish?) there was not one single case that could unequivocally be shown to have thwarted any kind of terrorist plot where the information was not got at first by other means.

2. - Statistics on torture show time and again that it does not lessen but increase the threat of further terrorism and overall violent conflict between opposing nations. Research of torture from all legitimate scientific sources bears this out repeatedly.

3. - It's against international human rights laws that among other countries, the United States has agreed to. So in essence, your country is guilty of human rights violations en masse. I'm not a hater though, US is not the only country by any means, but they are one of the most dangerous if only due to the size and strength of your military force. I am reticent to enter your country these days in fact for all the reasons OP has mentioned. I never used to feel that way.

I'm tempted to dig up that paper (if i can find it) so I can throw some numbers and case studies on here. You use examples that evoke an emotionally charged response; tit for tat kind of thing. "Look what they've done! To us, these terrorists!" But I think either you're ignorant of the facts or you're being intellectually dishonest if you claim that torture is somehow an ends justifying means to legitimize it's use in any sort of altruistic way. At BEST the intention behind it may be, but the studies and the numbers do not back you up by any means. Quite the contrary.

Black Sabbath war pigs sums up the rest of my argument, which is to say the people in power know no boundary nor care for some imaginary dotted line inked on a map; they care about keeping their power and little else. Sure there is the tribal minded bias, but they're more than happy to work with anyone if they have the money and the means.

You have more in common with an Iraqi civilian than you do with the people that run your country. Obligatory George Carlin quote about a big club and you ain't in it goes here.

Don't know if I'll come back to check back for responses any time soon so, basically I respectfully disagree, though I can understand the sentiment behind wanting to stop such things at any cost. I encourage anyone with access to a college/University database to look it up and see for yourself. Other sources ("news" stories etc.) tend to twist the numbers this way or that depending on agenda; imo you need to go to the original research and look for yourself to get a feel for it. If I end up looking/finding the paper I'll post the references here.

edit on 12-12-2014 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
Our government has not only created, perpetuated, funded and fostered terrorism over the last 5 decades, they have been the MASTER OF IT. They have created the problem, used the problem to scare the public and created a solution that robs us all of civil, social and essential liberties mostly to the thundering applause of a bunch of morons who don't know any better and probably think the Nazi party is the the compny that ran the old Domino's pizza.

This country is off the rails. We kill hundreds to thousands of people every day oversees. We spy on ALL OF OUR OWN CITIZENS every day. Our top level of government lies to our face on national media and nothing is done. Our law enforcement kills people when they feel like it without any repercussions and we are becoming slaves under the guise of "safety and security" because the majority of the population is too stupid to pick up a history book.

America is not only a police state but it is becoming something far more dangerous in this day and age. I't is becoming a world power that has no regard for it's own citizens, their wishes so what can the rest of the world hope for when they are hoping for considerations?

We are not heading toward an orwellian state. WE ARE THERE. The ship has left the dock. If they are torturing people oversees now, it is only a matter of time the use those techniques right here in the US on other "people" they want information from. If all they need is people backing this animal behavior up because they disagree with the people the government is doing it to is the threshold. Well, I weep for all of your common sense and morality.

I don't watch TV often but my relatives do, and I was visiting them for thanksgiving. My mom was watching some cop drama... NCIS I think it was called? Towards the end of the episode they capture a guy, and as a "joke" tell him he's going to a black site to be tortured until he confesses and gives the names of everyone he knows. Instead they just fake it.

But, that's the pop culture now... cops are going to send you there as part of their law enforcement duties.

Watching the end of that episode made me physically ill.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

"If your so pro torture how would you like it if you or a family member got picked up by mistake? "

They might be.

They are a bunch of right wing lunatics in the midwest clinging to their guns, and religion.

FTFY.

edit on 12-12-2014 by ATODASO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Hey, OP, you anger mis-directed. You want to be mad at the government? Fine, be mad. Obama is not the government. He just works there. Congress and the Senate, and the Supreme Court too, are the government, and those guys work for the Koch brothers, The Heritage Foundation and Wall Street, not us. They don’t even know us. They want us to be mad at Obama so that we don’t see how badly they’re screwing us over.

Did you see the new spending bill that passed yesterday? I hope you’re an investment banker, because you’re in for a wind-fall. I hope you’re not trying to pay off student loans, because that’s going to get tougher. I hope you don’t have kids in public schools, because they’re going to get screwed again. Buddy, I share your frustration. But pinning it all on Obama is just too simple. They’re all the problem. Republican party. Democratic party. No difference. There’s only one party, and we’re not invited.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

I believe there must be real rulers on earth. Most of them live in America. And they get plenty of criticism. Their agendas are obscure and sometimes (most of the time) an intervention makes us -poor citizens- furious, because we don’t know what is behind their deeds. But I believe they are knowing very well what they are doing.

Real rulers? Sounds like you are an apologist for them. How much more does the yoke need to be tightened around your neck before you wake up.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Dr Grayson Swigert and Dr Hammond Dunbar are the Josef Mengele's of America.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sorry, but I do support the torture of fanatical, extremist jihadis if it means revealing life-saving information.

War isn't about who's better than who, it's about protecting ourselves and our interests.

My $.02

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Runciter33

Alright.

For those who are trying to lecture me on 'morality' and thinks American history begins in 2000 and ends in 2008.

Just stop. Because the only thing your doing is pushing intellectual dishonesty.

It really is effing amazing that there are those who thinks the US government was 'pure as the undriven' snow.

And it was Bush, and Cheney who took away American 'innocence'.

This country has never been 'innocent'.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

The domestic police force with a little paperwork and under the direction of the DHS is being armed with military grade weapons, body armour and vehicles whether they need them or not. DHS assigned "officers" are being implanted in every county police force across the country.

I've been screaming this in every thread that was relevant. Our local law enforcement agencies have become an additional branch of our nations military. What is that, the 4th? 5th? Depends on whether you count the Marines as their own branch, and given how they function would be appropriate.

We are monitored, logged, and tracked in every possible way. When they started taking fingerprints on iPhones, I got worried. You know there is a server somewhere (like here) with every fingerprint used on an iDevice ever. They can bring up your name, and at least a partial print just from your IPHONE! That's not including the ability to 1. Track your every move, 2.Activate a microphone and listen to everything you say, and 3. Activate the camera (both forward facing and reverse) to see what you see.

Nobody is safe, the Federal Government has ALREADY passed a law that allows them to drone (either killing or spying) American citizens, ON American soil. Take a look at that link up there. the DOMESTIC SURVEILLANCE DIRECTORATE.

Does this not sound like something from a sci-fi movie? Well, we're living it. They had to keep those manufacturers of weapons/vehicles happy, so they are arming law enforcement, in preparation for who knows what.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
For anyone interested in the reality of the United States government and or Military Industrial Complex, please read this.

America's Deadliest Export: Democracy - The Truth About US Foreign Policy and Everything Else

For over 65 years, the United States war machine has been on auto pilot. Since World War II, the world has believed that US foreign policy means well, and that America's motives in spreading democracy are honorable, even noble. In this startling and provocative book from William Blum, one of the United States' leading non-mainstream chroniclers of American foreign policy and author of the popular online newsletter, Anti-Empire Reports, demonstrates that nothing could be further from the truth. America's Deadliest Export is the in-depth exposé of the many contradictions surrounding the nature of US foreign polic

Please note it is based on historical fact, that may not be for every true blooded patriot out there.
edit on 12-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There is a way to fix it, however, i cannot say it hwre because it would be a "serious violation of T&C"
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join