It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the pirate bay raided by swedish police: site down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
gizmodo.com...

Swedish police have reportedly raided The Pirate Bay. The Portal has been down for several hours. The site has long hidden behind the relatively lax laws of Sweden, but it appears it's exhausted the leniency. The embattled site went down this morning, and Swedish Police confirmed to TorrentFreak that servers were seized in connection with a broad intellectual property operation of some kind.

As for the future, it's hard to imagine that this is The Pirate Bay's final act. several of the Pirate Bay's founders are in prison, and the only one who isn't, Peter Sunde was recently released after being arrested earlier this year. Even if it dies in name, torrents and piracy will live on under some other name. There are plenty of alternative trackers, and indeed, because the Pirate Bay has been raided so many times, people are used to looking other places for their torrent links.

bummer.
they always bounce back but each time they go down, i wonder if it is the last

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Well it could only last so long. I bet it'll be back.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well it could only last so long. I bet it'll be back.

i hope.
even if it stays down it will not help or change anything.
sharing can't be stopped. they should know that by now.

you have youtube with all their copyright disclaimers and such.
it takes 2 seconds to save a youtube video and share or pull only the audio..

i guess the coppers have to try but its a fight they cant win

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The problem isn't people sharing it's the industries.

No reason to charge people tons of money for special editions cds, books, movies, games, etc. At this point the greed of the industries is so out in the open it's biting them back. Every market has a black market, but the law always goes after the black market and ignores the practices of the industry that causes said "infractions of the law".

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It's back up now.. at least the article part. i haven't tried the torrent part but they are definitely saying that pirate bay was raided. this seems now to have been confirmed by police in sweden.

Google is also in the behind of this story, due to the fact that google pulled all their apps to pirate bay, just days before the raid. It seems possible to me, that google could have used the apps in order to track the exact location of the servers..

google, our new big brother..

its a good story,

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

its still down.
their mirror is down as well.

the piratebay always bounces back. i hope it does but if not nothing will change.
piratebay is not the only tracker out there. a lot of the users that share on piratebay have their own trackers.

all this will do is cause people to make a couple extra clicks.

you know what is funny? you mention google being in on it.
they may well be but if you go to google and search
download xxx torrent you will be pointed to them(change xxx to whatever title)

so, how is that any different than what piratebay is doing?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't suppose anyone else noticed that huge DDOS attack that caused thousands and thousands of DNS entries to expire from major public DNS servers today, eh?
Seems almost nobody had anything to say about it. Strange- it's one of the biggest impacts I've seen from a DDOS attack in years, yet nobody bats an eye.

Funny how TPB gets raided while the internet is on fire.

Probably a coincidence- probably.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Damn I like Pirate Bay usually I can find anything on there. That one and Kickass Torrents have been my go to.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Damn I like Pirate Bay usually I can find anything on there. That one and Kickass Torrents have been my go to.

it makes little difference if it stays down.
use google to search for the torrent and you will be pointed to them like anything else.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
kickass still up

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
My ISP was just returning an error page with about two words on it when they blocked torrent sites but now they give me a full page of who is block and by who's request.

I crank up a VPN and it all works again but for some reason they don't block yify-torrent.org who I think are simply the best

All the ISPs are doing is forcing people to use a VPN to bypass the spying and censorship which is a good thing but very bad for ISP upstream bandwidth.

Soon not having a VPN will be like not having a firewall and if Torrent needs to go over to the Tor network then it will because people will not pay $5 just to watch a film and the industry needs to get its prices down to $1.00 and then the trouble would go away.

Sky gets my goat, you pay a fortune and get 15 adverts in a row, repeats and films that "continue" the next day, waste of money IMHO

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

no one can really put them down. it's still working on so many proxy sites my friend

my working one at the moment is [SNIP]

and if in Your country many of those proxy do not work then learn your self how to use Tor web bowser

it will take You to [SNIP] ...there is all shared from piratebay xx
edit on 9-12-2014 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

Mod Note: 16b.) HaXor: You will not use the Websites for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. You will also not link to sites that contains discussion of such material. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
edit on 10/12/2014 by Gemwolf because: See note

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I don't suppose anyone else noticed that huge DDOS attack that caused thousands and thousands of DNS entries to expire from major public DNS servers today, eh?
Seems almost nobody had anything to say about it. Strange- it's one of the biggest impacts I've seen from a DDOS attack in years, yet nobody bats an eye.

Funny how TPB gets raided while the internet is on fire.

Probably a coincidence- probably.

Minimal impact due to massive redundancy. Many of them are on clusters that can fail over to an un-corrupted DNS.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

originally posted by: Grimpachi

it makes little difference if it stays down.
use google to search for the torrent and you will be pointed to them like anything else.

I have always used this for my searches.

[SNIP]

It has never failed me.

Mod Note: 16b.) HaXor: You will not use the Websites for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. You will also not link to sites that contains discussion of such material. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZakOlongapo
[SNIP]

i use tor browser quite often

edit on 10/12/2014 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed quoted post

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i was just cruising around using tor browser and it looks like eztv and isohunt is down too.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

try this one
[SNIP] ...there is all shared from piratebay xx

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ZakOlongapo
Your site IS down. Any site that works purely as a proxy will now be down until the original Pirate Bay site comes back up. That is how proxies work. Otherwise it would be a "mirror" or duplicate site with more or less identical content serving it from another url/IP address.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

you right. but kickass guys shared all the content of piratebay, plus they have them own content... they are friends and they help each other... never give up. there is always way for sharing to be free and uncensored. we all have right for that.
those powers who fight against it having possessive reasons or other sick ones

peace xx

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

here my friend...

[SNIP]

enjoy the freedom

edit on 10/12/2014 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join