It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the pirate bay raided by swedish police: site down

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZakOlongapo
[SNIP]

the freedom is down

edit on 10/12/2014 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed quoted post

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
twitter said they are sailing to Costa Rica !!

link
edit on 9-12-2014 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

man what are You talking about???
i am there now!!! and You know what just for You i start to downloding "[R.G. Mechanics] Far Cry 4" to test it

...it's F"""""ng working!!! 2:46am UK time

and plus i dont even use Tor now i am on Opera and having internet from Virgin!!! they use to censored a lot of sites in UK
edit on 9-12-2014 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2014 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ZakOlongapo

Why when I went to pirate bay was all their articles up if people are saying the site is still down?

I swear I went, and was able to access their articles!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

it depends of country and Your internet provider... those who trying take them down do not have omnipotent powers on internet!! thats good

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

We did go through a list on my husbands computer, and it seems all their proxies are down too.. they are shut pretty good.. I guess what I accessed was one page that had some articles, but nothing else was available..

Time for Torrent Freak I guess!
edit on 9-12-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

actually same here. but when i use some of the piratebay proxy on Tor half hour a go, some of them go "automatically" to kickass web site... the guys know what they are doing but many users do not. all is working but You just need to know the way how to think on internet... Tor is always big and good and independent help.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

ok. calm it down
i dont care that much

for the record, i clicked your link again and its fine.
when i made that post though it was down.
believe it. dont believe it. have a meltdown about it. i dont care
edit on 9-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

sorry for my language please... i am hard sometimes, i know. i am just my way xx

enjoy downloading

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The nightcrawler screeners are still up
movie was great!!!! And its not about the xmen character. [SNIP]
Now that you think of it.... Giving this type of publicity for torrenting only hurts the industry more. Awesome, huh?
edit on 9-12-2014 by MikhailBakunin because: threw 2 cents in the cup

Mod Note: 16b.) HaXor: You will not use the Websites for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems. You will also not link to sites that contains discussion of such material. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.
edit on 10/12/2014 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

what industry is hurt? those astronomically rich ones? there is no one hurt here. try the product and if You like it buy it and support creators...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

people will always go to the movies.
movies will always be made
piracy will always be there.....

im not really a believer that sharing hurts the industry. i dont honestly care to debate the points of it anymore either.
ive heard it all before.

in the end we still see movies being made with 200 million dollar budgets. movies getting returns of hundreds of millions of even a billion dollars just for a theater run. add to that merchandise and dvd/blue ray sales. streaming sales.
thats money by the truckload.

movie stars are getting 20 million or more a picture.

seems to me the movie industry is doing just fine.

their financial well being is not my concern. ive heard all the 'but its stealing' crap before too.

obviously my opinion on it is different than people who dont share.....

long live sharing

and yes, nightcrawler is was awesome

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZakOlongapo

what industry is hurt? those astronomically rich ones? there is no one hurt here. try the product and if You like it buy it and support creators...
Hollywood today is nothing like the Hollywood we've come to know. It has been taking a beating from all sides. Some fault is on the ratings, critics, piracy, and just lack of originality. There are amazing actors and intriguing directors however due to targeting wide demographics and expecting huge payouts at the box office the great actors and directors are forced to follow proper " hollywood" protocol in turn running away great actors and dishing out bull crap just to break even. ( of course even to them is hundreds of millions hahahha) Due to these ramifications the indie film industry has picked up speed and in my humble opinion wields a finer product but more difficult to obtain so fans must turn to a torrent site. I'm not trying to argue, I feel it should be taken into perspective that Hollywood is running on fumes... Needs another John Wayne.

Has anyone with decent taste seen the inside of a theater lately? I haven't been for over 5 years.... : there's maybe two movies a year worth considering a night out ... And even then the good flicks are just really good copycats of great forgotten movies from 30 years ago.
edit on 9-12-2014 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

hollywood is not running on fumes.
did you not read my post?

hollywood is just fine. theyre still pumping movies out at the same rate. theyre still making money.
no worries

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i havent been able to get any thing from TPB in over 6 mnths. they stopped hosting stuff last i checked.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

they never hosted anything..
it was up till yesterday...

i know several months ago they came back under a different extension.
it was .se

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

hollywood is not running on fumes.
did you not read my post?

hollywood is just fine. theyre still pumping movies out at the same rate. theyre still making money.
no worries

let's hope its on the path the music industry took....

Let's be honest... Nicholas cage's recent movie, Left Behind, speaks volumes for the state of the american film industry. Sure, we can't put all of Hollywood on some psychotic ozone killing freak's coattails, Cage. If it wasn't for the mindless cattle chasing colorful eyepopping CGI and not giving two flucks about dialogue or plot holes.... Hollywood would look worse then an 80s zombie comedy horror remake.
edit on 9-12-2014 by MikhailBakunin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
There was/is still a way to access it even if it's down.

I'm not sure if discussing piracy is allowed on this site though. It's pretty simple really.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join