It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that Racism is stil alive and well

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
One prime proof that racism still pervades the world is the Hollywood movie industry refusing to portray “people of God” or Biblical people, Ancient Hebrews (Jews), ancient Egyptians as the actual racial characteristics that they historically and factually were, INCLUDING JESUS, BTW.

NONE of the Biblical people were European at all—certainly not blond and blue eyed as this has been portrayed in Hollywood so many times. Indeed even today we have another distorted movie appearing that pretends to portray these ancient people as Europeans—a clear lie.

Its understandable since the racism of the civilization is so intense that to portray any God related images as anything other than white would upset loads of people and send any director or movie maker who would dare do that to the unemployment line.

This new historical distortion: Exodus: Gods and Kings could have at least painted the characters a darker hue to establish some degree of historical accuracy.

I hear people now in their minds

IT DOESN'T MATTER GOD HAS NO COLOR

Alright then the next time they make a movie about Moa Tse Tung or Nelson Mandela its alright to make him white.

We try for historical accuracy unless its about Biblical God related material then it doesn't matter

That's called
RACISM

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

For many people, it's all they have. You can't take that away from them. They can just stew in their own juice and not do much harm.

Others... and there are many, use race as a pretext to dehumanize others in an attempt to externalize their own evil and lack of character.

The reason these people become LEO's is clear. It's clear that the justice system is invalid with these people in power. Invalid and illegitimate. They will snipe citizens and pick up a paycheck.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Have you considered the relationship between the Media and social programming? Currently, they are all pushing racism and white shaming. The film is perfectly timed, in my opinion, to further their "point".

Yes, I do believe it could be THAT planned.

I think it's a #ty idea to make a historical film without ethnic accuracy. But I think it would be a smart idea if you want to change the public opinion about racism.

Just an alternative view.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
INCLUDING JESUS, BTW.

That's called
RACISM

This thread is proof that racism is alive, but I wouldn't call it well.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Does this mean that "Hollywood" and all their political correctness is just a sham?

The Irony

The Hypocrisy

Shock.

Right Hand/Left Hand magicians.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

One prime proof that racism still pervades the world is the Hollywood movie industry refusing to portray “people of God” or Biblical people, Ancient Hebrews (Jews), ancient Egyptians as the actual racial characteristics that they historically and factually were, INCLUDING JESUS, BTW.

Racism no.Western culture centrism yes.

NONE of the Biblical people were European at all—certainly not blond and blue eyed as this has been portrayed in Hollywood so many times. Indeed even today we have another distorted movie appearing that pretends to portray these ancient people as Europeans—a clear lie.

Neither was Egypt. Ancient Egypt was black/middle eastern mixed. But the media portrays egypt/kemmit as only of middle eastern ethnicity and no saharan african ancestory. Wrong....lol

Its understandable since the racism of the civilization is so intense that to portray any God related images as anything other than white would upset loads of people and send any director or movie maker who would dare do that to the unemployment line.

Its not racism its culture bias.

This new historical distortion: Exodus: Gods and Kings could have at least painted the characters a darker hue to establish some degree of historical accuracy.

I hear people now in their minds

IT DOESN'T MATTER GOD HAS NO COLOR

Alright then the next time they make a movie about Moa Tse Tung or Nelson Mandela its alright to make him white.

We try for historical accuracy unless its about Biblical God related material then it doesn't matter

That's called
RACISM

Racism is a means of control by the pro-world government globezis(the dark command,the 0.0001%, Sheol Enterprises Co. Ltd,The real skynet). Racism is still alive and well because they want it to be alive and well.

The establishment has always altered history(in a subtle way) to keep the sheeple in a controllable,manageable framework. Racism is pretty useful in getting the sheeple to act aggressively against the perceived outsider/invader.

You control people through their passions(fear,hatred,love,anger,greed,pride,lust,envy,etc). Its A LOT harder to control via logic,measurable facts,comparison/contrasting and reason.

critical thinking in the hands of the people is the way to defend against the racial psyop campaign.
edit on 8-12-2014 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added new text

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The new Annie movie has the lead role played by a black girl. They also made James west a black man in wild Wild West. Hollywood can't even keep their characters colors straight so why would we think they could make movies accurate to history?

They prolly didn't speak english either...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
While I agree that racism is alive and well, I am of the opinion that it exists everywhere, and is not limited to one race or peoples. However, where films are concerned, often times this is not about being racist but has to do with practical matters. For instance, just because a film portrays Jesus as white does not mean that the filmmaker or screenwriter was racist. I think this indicates part of the problem in that people see racism where it does not exist, or they choose to overlook one type of racism as being less important than some other type. Racism is racism, no matter where it occurs or who perpetrates it and what race it is perpetrated against.

And there is a huge difference in wanting to see historical accuracy in films, and ranting about such inaccuracies as being racist. It just seems to me that you are seeing race where others would ignore it, and that this could be part of the problem itself. What I mean is that I do not think it is okay to claim racism over every little thing, unless there is some blatant evidence for racism, and the definition of racism actually applies to the case in question. So what you are basically saying is that any and every film that has actors of historically inaccurate skin tones was made that way because many people would be upset over the use of accurate skin tones, and that this is racist? Well first of all it must be established that a large amount of people would even be upset over such things, and if they were, whether this was motivated by racism. There will always be a small percentage of people who get upset over anything, and this is to be expected. So for your argument to make any sense we would have to be talking about a large number of people getting mad over accurate racial portrayals, and I just do not see that happening.

The vast majority of people understand that Jesus was not white, for instance, and as such would not object to a portrayal by a racially accurate actor. And then there is the fact that race and color are not the same things. Your entire argument just doesn't hold water in my opinion, and I feel that you are being way to quick to play the racism card, which actually does more to perpetuate racism than solve it, at least when the issue at hand is not obviously race-related.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You're joking...I hope.

The 'European' look that you are claiming can't be found there...originated very, very close to there.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hmmm.

King Tut was Nordic DNA

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Elongated skull DNA cuz...aliens

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: gorsestar
a reply to: xuenchen

Elongated skull DNA cuz...aliens

Or,

It was a fashion statement at the time.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You know one reason why I KNOW this op is true is an experience I had.

Believe me it matters to me NOTHING the color or race of the ancient people but truth is truth and reality speaks for itself.

One night, years ago, at work I got in a conversation with a nice Polish lady and the conversation got into religion and I ended up telling her that Jesus and those Biblical people WERE NOT WHITE EUROPEANS

She almost blew up and got red angry and really got bugged out over this…

I was dumbfounded

That had a deep impression on me to this day.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If you want historical accuracy then the movie itself shouldn't even be made. Exodus didn't happen. At least not anything close to how the bible describes it. And if you want historical accuracy then none of the characters would be speaking English in that part of the world and at that time period either so the entire movie should have been shot in ancient languages. It's just fiction so why the hang up on skin color? It's a non issue.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I would GUESS the same,what difference would it make, it's the message?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It’s an issue to many people that they ALWAYS make God images white

If you don’t see an issue there then I think you don’t want to see it.

You’re just afraid of the conversation

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It is human nature to generalize and categorize information, including differences between people. This served as a survival mechanism for every culture, tribes would war with other tribes that did not look like them. In the modern world, this mechanism is relatively outdated, the groups more likely to be racist, are the more uneducated ones; including rural and inner city peoples. The most long-term effective strategy to combat racism is through education, the most cost effective strategy is through sterilization and extermination of every group that holds racist sentiment.

Food for thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

If you lived in an Afro centric, or Indian centric society, or China, Or Japanese centric society where they ALWAYS degraded your heritage and ALWAYS praised the dominant people’s heritage at your expense then you might fell differently

It’s all about perspective

edit on 8-12-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It's 2015 why do we still have to have this conversation with people?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

It’s an issue to many people that they ALWAYS make God images white
Yeah, because Morgan Freeman is white.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join