It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s official: America is now No. 2

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

that`s nonsense, the country was growing and booming back when a lot of people didn`t even graduate from high school, and even fewer people graduated from college.The only thing young people today need educated in is strong work ethics and a little hard work.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Viking9019

you`re right, we have already fallen out of 1st in a lot of other areas but it is happening gradually which makes people not notice it and think things aren`t so bad. one day people will wake up and wonder how we have fallen this far.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well.. First of all, it's a house of cards. China has more bad debt right now than the US banks had during the housing bubble. Grey market will burst as soon as the people catch on, OR as soon as the big banks have all placed their short-positions. It's growing closer and closer the further oil falls. It's gonna fuel the stock and economy crash. We'll see the next big depression very soon. I'm guessing it will last for 5-8 years.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
THANKS OBAMA! And while we are at it...lets add millions of illegals to the in-a-coma economy.

You realize that we never stood a chance against China no matter what Obama does or doesn't do right? They have WAY more people over there. It was just inevitable.

Not being an ass, but I truly believe this. Nothing is inevitable until it has happened. It wasn't that way before Obama...it is during Obama...therefore Obama didn't keep it from happening. Neither did you, nor I...but we are not the President. He owns this.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
THANKS OBAMA! And while we are at it...lets add millions of illegals to the in-a-coma economy.

So.. really?? I mean, REALLY? Do Americans really believe that what just ONE man does determines the fate of all Americans? Oh, come on, the guy is just the President...

It happened on his watch...he owns it. Like everyone should be thinking now-a-days...the way we used to. If you are in charge and you don't stop it...you own it. If you took the position KNOWING it...you also own it. Sorry...but responsibility is missing from this society. And it needs to START at the top.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

So it's his fault because he was the one left holding the hot potato? That's some silly logic. You can blame Obama for many things, but this one is rather dumb. This sounds to me like you are just looking for excuses to be mad at Obama and have lost sight of the forest for the trees.

Also, who cares if we are number 2? Does it really matter, outside of some international pissing contest?
edit on 5-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've viewed USA as #2 the past few years considering it has been in the sh!tter.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Everybody knows it's all Bush's fault.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
And also...he owns the (what is it) 7 trillion additional debt, the 5.8 unemployment rate, the "shovel ready jobs" that weren't there, the money given to solar power companies that folded, the money bailing out the banks that cause the crash, the 1 billion dollar website that failed and he continues to use the contractor, etc.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That is all unrelated to the topic at hand. This isn't an Obama whine fest thread. It is a thread talking about how China has surpassed the USA economically.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So it's his fault because he was the one left holding the hot potato? That's some silly logic. You can blame Obama for many things, but this one is rather dumb. This sounds to me like you are just looking for excuses to be mad at Obama and have lost sight of the forest for the trees.

Also, who cares if we are number 2? Does it really matter, outside of some international pissing contest?

Lets make this clear one time. No...he didn't create it...but he campaigned on fixing it. He was elected to fix it. He didn't fix it. Therefore...he owns NOT fixing it. In many cases, he made it worse...way worse. He contributed to it. Again...he is the President, the job he wanted. He owns it. Call it whatever you want...silly, stupid. But when I take a job to fix something and if I fail...I failed. If I make the situation worse...that is on me. What...he can't take responsibility for his failure or making something worse? Oh...that is right...he can't take responsibility for ANYTHING...except what others do like killing Bin Laden. THEN he takes responsibility.
edit on 12/5/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Again this thread isn't about Obama's campaign promises. It's about China's economic growth outpacing ours, which has little to do with Obama's economic policies. The numbers are just out of hand. China has a population of 1.3 billion people. The US has a population of 316 million. Source America only has 24% of the population of China. There is literally ZERO way that we can compete with China economically. It's just unfeasible.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Again this thread isn't about Obama's campaign promises. It's about China's economic growth outpacing ours, which has little to do with Obama's economic policies. The numbers are just out of hand. China has a population of 1.3 billion people. The US has a population of 316 million. Source America only has 24% of the population of China. There is literally ZERO way that we can compete with China economically. It's just unfeasible.

I'm done after this...dinner time. And again...no offence. The numbers didn't matter before Obama, but now they matter? That in my opinion is an excuse. Sure, it make sense. But we were #1 for how long? Since 18?? I think I heard?

My opinion. He has to take responsibility, but obviously won''t. And if it happened during Bush...everyone (left) would be blaming him too. And in my case...rightfully so.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Everybody knows it's all Bush's fault.

this has nothing to do with political parties...china has 5 times the population we have...can we quit doing stupid on ATS

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

China’s Economy Surpassed U.S. … a Long Time Ago

Notice that he’s using September 2006 numbers. So China arguably surpassed the U.S. under at least some measures more than 8 years ago.

Well then I guess Mr. Bush is at fault then seeing as how this actually happened during Bush's Presidency (at the height of the economic housing boom I might add). So if you are looking to blame a President, he's your guy. But I'm just going to maintain that it isn't any President's fault and it was going to happen anyways. You are welcome to continue your irrational hate fest however.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Bah,
Being #1 is over rated anyways.

Let someone else try to run the world economy for a little while and see what happens.

China, just by population alone becoming #1 is a no-brainer.
And good for them! That is a lot of people to take care of and control.
How long they can hold it is another matter.
Especially if something happens that causes them to crack down on their own population again.
IMO
You all want to get America back into the #1 spot?
Quit buying from Walmart and we need to start making/buying awesome American made products again.
Not the cheap poisonous plastic crap from China.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Naw I'd say the comprimised Fiat money system would play a key part of this. Throw in some self serving UNDIAGNOSED sociopaths, who occupy controlling factions of the system with their like, for a few decades, and here we are.
China's economy WAS bolstered by Hong Kong they over build their cities daily and no one can afford to live there.
THEY destroy farm and village life to force the into population centers.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Tardacus
America`s youth are too busy protesting in the streets, every time a thug gets killed by the police, to be bothered with trying to stay competitive with the rest of the world.

One of the reasons the US is falling behind is because dumbass hyperbole, finger pointing and scapegoating has replaced logic, critical thinking and the ability to reason.

The reason why America fell behind is because we stopped investing in our future. We cut funding to the Dept of Education then allow higher education to be priced so high that the average American simply can afford to go to college. Now other countries that offer these things to their citizens will keep pulling ahead while we keep falling behind because profit is more important than anything else including our people.

Please please please tell that to WeAreAWAKE who can find no one to blame but Obama,Obama has his sins,but this is not one.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

What do people expect with 6 years of 'hope, and change'.

Yeah like this started in just the last six years.

Wit the most unfriendly business environment in the world ?

Well that explains all the foreign companies that are more than happy to start companies here in the states.

There was only one outcome.

Yes when Reagan laid the pathway for NAFTA he laid the groundwork for the failure of this nation.

Capitialism is all about exceptionalism.

No capitalism is all about that mental illness called greed.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Don't blame me, I just listen to the President

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join