It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're white? Sorry, your support is not welcome.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
With all of the fuss around Ferguson, racial tension has seldom been higher in this nation. Lines have been drawn and woe unto anyone on the 'other side' and should some wish to espouse views that are contrary to what others think should be held simply due to melanin content, then they are considered race traitors.

White guilt is not even enough any more. Even if you subscribe to the idea that, as a white person, you are personally responsible for years of black oppression and you benefit from white privilidge and wish to support those supporting Michael Brown, you are not welcome:

Columbia, MO. — Organizers of a recent Ferguson protest at the University of Missouri requested “only people of color” take part in the event’s “die-in,” one element of a larger demonstration that prompted at least two classes to be shelved so students could participate.

WHITE STUDENTS TOLD THEY CAN’T PARTICIPATE IN FERGUSON ‘DIE-IN’ DEMONSTRATION caps copied verbatim from source

And this is not the only school at which such behavior was displayed:

"White folks” in Massachusetts were told to keep their hands down if they joined a campus walkout Monday afternoon to protest the recent grand jury decision in the shooting of teenager Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo.

“I understand wanting to show up and support, but white people need to understand that this symbolic act of raising your hands in a position of surrender is meant to illustrate how black people are violently targeted by police because of their race,” the post says. “If you don’t experience that, you should not mimic the gesture in an attempt at ‘solidarity.’ It is centering yourself in a narrative that you cannot tell because of the protection your white privilege gives you.”

And not just students:

In a campus-wide email to all students,Marcella Hall, Dean of Students, encouraged students to attend the walk out.

“Please remember faculty and administration are here to support you with questions, comments and concerns about Ferguson, race and social justice,” Hall, who attended Monday’s protest, wrote in the email obtained by Campus Reform.

White students discouraged from participating in Monday’s Ferguson demonstrations

How is this line of thinking supposed to help stop divisiveness?
edit on 4-12-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: typo in title

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

The boilers are set at "full steam ahead" I see. It seems to me as though there may be elements within higher education and the media alike doing all they can to inflame a race war.

Something is not right in this world.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Reverse racism..........everybody does it.....what a sad sack of # we carry.....
Its pretty plain to see that race war is inevitable this way......

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

BUT, BUT,BUT...Hillary said: "it takes a village to mold young minds"

Was she a loon?

Great OP!
S&Fs

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's our Media.

Watch different Networks you can't believe it's the same story.

There is a Media war going on.

They found out if they keep these stories in the News they will get viewers.

Until all of these agenda drivin Networks start losing viewership.

It going to be more of the same.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Dear Angry White People, The Ferguson Protest Was Not About You

Some of you decided to rage and whine on the Black Lives Matter protest Facebook group about how this was segregation, and how your life matters too, and how we should screw ourselves if we don't want to include you. Well said, angry white people. But in case you haven't realized, everything in the world is already about you.
Towards the end of the protest, you were asked nicely to move. A small act of kindness to let your fellow black protesters get a glance at the center (where many of couldn't see due to the large turnout). Some of us needed to see that center after such an emotionally charged day. After all, you had been standing there for 1 out of the 1.5 hour protest. I sincerely thank those who moved. Where I was located, as well as a few other spots, barely any white people budged. If you're having trouble with that, you either disliked having a black person tell you what to do, or you are so full of your white privilege that you didn't feel you needed to move. After all, you got there first, right?

My feeling is, Ferguson is their fight. I am an ally and I support them. But they have to rise up and make this happen. No one else can do it for them.

Police brutality in general is my fight. But in the cases of police targeting blacks, I don't have a dog in that race. I will cheer for them, but if they would prefer I step back, I'm going to step back. Not because they don't like white people, but because they are fighting for their lives and I respect them for that.

This is not about me. Or any white person.

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Guess Charles Manson was right about Helter Skelter. White vs.black all the way. I think that those blacks that are refusing to let whites support them should remember that they didn't fight the civil rights movement by themselves. There were white people there and union people as well helping them. Those people went to jail because they believed that every race had as much right as the whites. Also they need to remember that they are like it or not a minority,that means there isn't as many of them.There fore they need others to stand up and support them in their fight.

If they are laws made by whites,then you need whites to help change them.
If there is discrimination by whites,you need whites that will stand up to other whites to help change things.

No matter how hard they try,even if they think they can take over the country,they would be unsuccessful in doing it.Therefore real change will come about when they have whites working WITH them. But I doubt they want that. I won't even go into what I believe they really do want.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

What I find ironic in this is how sheeplike it is for mass numbers of people to use this gesture to protest actions with said protest purporting itself to be against sheeplike behavior.

And they dont even see it.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I been wondering where the student protests were.

During the Vietnam war the Universities were the primary drivers of civil disobedience and protest.

Come on students. Tell it like it is.

Take off your politically correct glasses America.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
Guess Charles Manson was right about Helter Skelter. White vs.black all the way.

im wondering if we are going to see a turner diaries scenario come true...

this is a great time to be alive, and a crappy time to be alive

wonder what it is going to be like for my daughter in 15 years

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

This is not about me. Or any white person.

interesting.
i would think the more people behind the cause, the better...
more people equals more of an impact....

just seems like another way to keep up the racial divide to me

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
i would think the more people behind the cause, the better...
more people equals more of an impact....

It is. But we can support the cause without being at the center of it. I say have some respect. I don't know how it feels to be a black person in this America, so, if they want me to move to the back so more black people can be at the center, you bet your ass I'm going to respect their wishes and support from a distance. I'm certainly not going to start whining and crying like a big baby about "reverse racism"!

And this thread is about two instances where white people were asked to move or excluded. The VAST majority of the protests welcome all people.

a reply to: spacedog1973

Exactly!
edit on 12/4/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
so im guilty for the crime of slavery that happened well over 100 years ago??? not sure how to quote the article but

“If you aren’t afraid to bring children into this world because they might be killed for being black, you have white privilege,” she said, according to the Missourian.

Naomi Daugherty

im afraid to bring children into a world of racism, corruption, tyranny and oppression. everyone dies its a fact of life to say that i have "White Privilege" because i dont fear that my child will be killed because he\she is black is just absurd. i dont have white guilt because i didnt do anything wrong to humans with different color skin and i dont have white privilege because ive never benefited from being white.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedog1973
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

More news in...
There is no indication that Michael Brown was shot because he was black.
edit on Fri Dec 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

What it should be about is how we are ALL lied to and oppressed by our government and how, for the most part, unless you went to the right schools and know the right people, you are doomed to be a debt-slave the rest of your life.

I guarantee that if I sent back all the bills I've got piled up in front of me and wrote "white privilege" in the amount paid line, I would still owe the F'ing money.

I can also pretty much guarantee if I drive 47 mph through a nearby 45 mph zone policed by the kind of cops that give cops a bad name, I would be ticketed just the same. And furthermore if a certain aroma were present, being white would most assuredly not prevent a trip in the backseat of their vehicle.

Too often police are nothing more than revenue generators for a municipality; there are some genuinely good ones, I've been lucky enough to know a few.

And there are obviously plenty of bad ones that feed the beast of corruption and take what they can from local all the way up to the highest offices.

That we have to hold our breath, if we bother to vote, and pick the turd that smells the least is whatvqe should ALL be protesting.

Until all the little chiefs who think they are 'doing the work of the people' realize that all they are
actually doing is helping to perpetuate the same system that sucks us all dry, then all we will ever do is chase that rabbit.

That's what it should be about.
edit on 4-12-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: typos, hate this tiny phone keyboard

edit on 4-12-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

The black community continues to shoot themselves in the foot. First it was using the Michael Brown shooting protest as a way to justify looting and burning down businesses. Than Michael Brown's step father incites a crowd to "burn down this bitch!" Now they want to diminish further support by excluding whites in their protests! Who is really being racist?

If you're protesting and claiming that a white police force is unjustly stereotyping black men and killing your children, don't you think the more support you get from whites will actually send a better message that the white community also agrees that this police brutality has to stop! You would think the black community would welcome whites to join their cause.

I'm sorry, who ever is organizing these protests is not only racist but stupid. I can't think of any other protest in history that would want to exclude anyone from the general public to join their cause. Even the civil rights movement welcomed whites to join in their marches.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

fair enough.
this white people not allowed is not something i really care about to be honest.
let em protest. dont let em...
dont matter to me..

just wanted to make a quick comment

seems to me its more of the we want what we want crap.
something else to separate and make it about a racial divide

oh well
edit on 4-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
What it should be about is how we are ALL lied to and oppressed by our government and how, for the most part, unless you went to the right schools and know the right people, you are doomed to be a debt-slave the rest of your life.

There IS an issue about that. And we are all involved as we should be. But there is a very specific subset that is about how black people are treated by the cops and the legal system in this country. THAT is the fight that is not ours.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I agree with you it is their fight, but they are weak for wanting to fight alone.If the shoe was on the other foot id want all the help i could get. i understand there are only 2 instances of this goin on right now but how long before this attitude spreads?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join