It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender girl awarded $75,000 in lawsuit over school bathroom access

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: windword

There is stalls in the men's room as well...
Always has been...

yup.

if i identified as a black man all my life and really feel like a black man, that does not make me a black man.
should i be able to receive the things that are available to black men only, simply cause i feel like i am?

of course not....

this is the same thing as far as i am concerned.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

if she has the right(for lack of a better word) to be uncomfortable with using the boys room, then all the others gilrs have the same right to be uncomfortable with sharing the bathroom with her...
why do their feelings matter less?

That's a valid point. Why does one person's set of feelings trump everybody else's set of feelings. The answer is that in our current politically correct society, only certain feelings that line up with the program are valid and everything else is "bigoted."

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

then what is the problem with using the boys bathrom?

Because of the OBVIOUS gender difference, biology be damned!

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

That's a valid point. Why does one person's set of feelings trump everybody else's set of feelings. The answer is that in our current politically correct society, only certain feelings that line up with the program are valid and everything else is "bigoted."

thats what i am seeing to.
right away im a bigot because i stated my opinion that she is a boy, which happens to be a fact.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

well, for the record i can see why she would be uncomfortable using the boys room. i get it.
your the one that said something to the effect that as long as there are stalls then what is the big deal.

that means as long as there are stalls she should be able to use the girls room, no matter how the other girls may feel? correct?

so, she identifies as a girl and wants to use the girls room and thats all that matters right?
screw how the other girls may feel?
they must accept it?

what about the showering at school that was mentioned..
should this girl be allowed to undress and shower with the other girls?
who cares how the other girls feel about it?
is that it?

still waiting for an answer to my questions?
if i identify as african american, should i be eligible for programs that are available only to african americans?
if not, why?
edit on 3-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

right away im a bigot because i stated my opinion that she is a boy

You're being accused of bigotry,

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.
"don't let a few small-minded bigots destroy the good image of the city"

because you refuse to let "her" out of the blue boy box that you think she should remain in, insisting that her biology is more important in your world view than her perception of her femininity.

See?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Interesting. Can you point out the biology involved here? Genetic or otherwise?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've said it before, I'll say it again and I'm sure I'll catch flak for it.

If you have a tallywhacker, use the mens room.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

well, for the record i can see why she would be uncomfortable using the boys room. i get it.
your the one that said something to the effect that as long as there are stalls then what is the big deal.

that means as long as there are stalls she should be able to use the girls room, no matter how the other girls may feel? correct?

I believe that those opposed to sharing their restroom facilities suffer from the "ICK" factor, while the "need" of the transgender folks to use the bathroom that their gender identifies with is a matter of privacy and personal safety.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you're asking here? Do you mean boobs and balls?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

right away im a bigot because i stated my opinion that she is a boy, which happens to be a fact.

Because leftists use that slur against anyone who doesn't toe the line. It really has gotten overused and old though and really does not mean much than a failed attempt at a discussion and a lame attempt to stifle contradicting views. Alinsky in action, my friend.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You are the one who brought up biology. What biology do you refer to? Genotype? Phenotype?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I believe that those opposed to sharing their restroom facilities suffer from the "ICK" factor, while the "need" of the transgender folks to use the bathroom that their gender identifies with is a matter of privacy and personal safety.

So basically you disregard the feelings of one as being invalid and the exact same feelings of another as being valid as long as you can justify it in your own mind?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You are the one who brought up biology. What biology do you refer to? Genotype? Phenotype?

Plumbing type?

You worry about discomfort, but how uncomfortable will men be sharing their restroom with a voluptuous fem fatale, whipping out her piece? Wouldn't you men prefer she use the ladies room?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

So basically you disregard the feelings of one as being invalid and the exact same feelings of another as being valid as long as you can justify it in your own mind?

I think a person's privacy and personal safety supercede another's right not to feel "icky".

edit on 3-12-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Because you're intolerent of our opinion that he should use the boys room because he is a boy you could also be associated as a bigot.

a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

See?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

because you refuse to let "her" out of the blue boy box that you think she should remain in, insisting that her biology is more important in your world view than her perception of her femininity.

See?

i dont see at all.
i said that she should be happy. she should be able to identify as a female. of course.
i dont see how me saying she is a boy makes a bigot or keeps her in blue boy box.

if i was being intolerant and saying she should not be able to live as a woman, well then i can understand...but, i am not saying that..

can you answer my question now please?

this will be the 3rd time

if i identify as african american and have my entire life, should i be entitled to programs that are for african americans only?
if not, why?

if i identify with african american and have my entire life, does that mean you are a bigot if you do not call me african?

if i identify as african american and have my entire life, does that mean that for official purposes under the demographics section i can fill them out as african american?
if not, why

im not getting an answer to these questions

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

well i believe that the other girls might have an issue with personal safety..
what now?

and she does not NEED to use the ladies room. she wants to and i understand why...

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You worry about discomfort, but how uncomfortable will men be sharing their restroom with a voluptuous fem fatale, whipping out her piece? Wouldn't you men prefer she use the ladies room?

you lost me
stuffing a bra and wearing lipstick does not make you voluptuous or a fem fatale...

as a man and speaking for myself only, i dont care if she uses the mens room. dont care if she uses the ladies room.
i can understand that just as she is not comfortable using the mens room, some ladies might not be comfortable with her using the ladies room.

why should they be forced to accept it?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Because leftists use that slur against anyone who doesn't toe the line. It really has gotten overused and old though and really does not mean much than a failed attempt at a discussion and a lame attempt to stifle contradicting views. Alinsky in action, my friend.

So, by that same logic, the word "leftist" is also an Alinskian tactic? As is the term Alinskian?

To ask the famous question on the other side of the argument, "where does it stop?"

When we use pejoratives rather than facts and logic to dismiss another opinion, we're all doing the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join