It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

boxing vs mma.....lets go

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
God f-cking damn it!!!!

By elbows again!

I gotta go, I'll be back my wife is driving away without me.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Yeah, just woke up, checked and ...!!

They're saying it was 1-1 going into the 3rd and then elbows to the KO.

Maybe it's the slide? Romero's similar age, but he hasn't fought as many wars as Machida. Kennedy's the only guy he's fought who's rolled with the best. He sat on the stool for a while.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
@kandinsky
Just got home. Jesus H. My wife had to talk me out of a crazy recon mission to film cops with an iPhone through the woods. (they're at the end of my street) too much alcohol and adrenaline. I don't react well when my fighter looses.......
edit on 28-6-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Yeah, just woke up, checked and ...!!

They're saying it was 1-1 going into the 3rd and then elbows to the KO.

Maybe it's the slide? Romero's similar age, but he hasn't fought as many wars as Machida. Kennedy's the only guy he's fought who's rolled with the best. He sat on the stool for a while.

Dang it! I guess. The new generation is rolling in,........

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Yeah new generation is taking ground.

2 weeks till 189. Mendes/Aldo v McGregor could be a legend. Lawler v MacDonald? Maybe a killer or technical for points?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Yeah new generation is taking ground.

2 weeks till 189. Mendes/Aldo v McGregor could be a legend. Lawler v MacDonald? Maybe a killer or technical for points?

It looks like Aldo wants the fight bad because mcgregor has been clowning him, but his ribs are actually jacked up.....I bet Mendez takes over, but aldo is bummed because he's actually injured.....

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Whats the latest on that? I read it's just a rib bruise and he could well get there against Connor.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
MMA is way more versatile. Sure the fighters in MMA lay on each other sometimes and it gets boring but boxers hug each other and their arms get tired and it gets boring as well. I cant watch boxing after watching MMA, it is just way too one dimensional, any MMA fighter can beat any boxer hands down, Ronda Rousey would destroy ANY BOXER.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Whats the latest on that? I read it's just a rib bruise and he could well get there against Connor.

Last I read, Aldo is still fighting, but he's still in pain and the ribs may be fractured after all

Broken rib or bad bruise? Jose Aldo's doctors can't agree, UFC 189 status uncertain until next week

www.mmamania.com...
[e ditby]edit on 28-6-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Connor's in his head. I think there's a good chance that Aldo's over-trained which is what McGregor set out to make him do with all the sledging. He said so on MMAfighting 2 or 3 weeks ago.

*If* that's close to true, Aldo must be umming and ahhing whether to fight slightly under-par or withdraw and have people doubting his courage.

Aldo has more to lose and McGregor is up and coming with time on his hands. Good recipe for a warrior clash

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Looks like mcgregor vs Mendez.........

Should still be good.

www.bloodyelbow.com...

edit on 30-6-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Looks like mcgregor vs Mendez.........

Should still be good.

www.bloodyelbow.com...

Jose Aldo better pray for Conor to win. If Conor loses Aldo will lose several million dollars.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Damn. Still a good match and Mendes/Aldo fight was a war. If Mendes brings that game, McGregor's gonna have it tough.

I'm a big fan of McGregor and haven't lost sight of the fact that he's the guy with the challenge. All the hype has created a champion and he needs to back that up with guys like Mendes. He hasn't faced this top-level. Also, I'm thinking that whatever Aldo had in his head won't be in Mendes.

It could be a more honest fight with less of the psychology and more of the physical skills.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

The only ones who really lose are the fans if Mendes wins. 200k watched Aldo/Mendes I think. 180k bought part 2, and I don't know anyone who cares about part 3.

Conor has had one of the toughest 145lb title runs, but definitely has not fought anyone like Mendes.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I'm thinking if mcgregor handles mendez like his previous opponents, or shows the ability to charge through a 5-round war, then he truly is worth the hype and attention.

I'm also a Mcgregor fan for sure. He's been very entertaining to watch.

It was awesome how he was talking to Dustin Poirier, walking towards him seconds before knocking him out. That was bad to the bone.

www.youtube.com...

skip to 3:40 in this video if you wanna see the part I'm referring to.

(also, I won't be offended if someone imbeds the video, lol. I know it's supposed to be easy, but I still can not do it.)
edit on 1-7-2015 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I don't like either, but when I watch MMA workouts it reminds me of the jobs that freshly paroled felons have. Like hitting that tire with a hammer....thats from doing retreads, a job that it is/was not uncommon to see people with felonies doing once paroled.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Lol, well hopefully they've calmed down and aren't violent!

Nothing worse than an Mma grade conditioned felon lol, they'd be more effective in a life of crime if they choose to return.

Joking really.......I know some felons who are amazing wonderful people, wouldn't steal, or hurt a fly, and didn't really deserve the conviction in the first place.

Just one actually, I know one like that, but I'm sure there are others.

Plus I know hard exercise brings about joy and a clear mind........

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I used to do the "hard exercise" thing in my younger days. Nein....not anymore.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Hey thanks Kandinsky! You rock for that.

Fun fight, I'm going to watch it again now.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join