It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs Heard across the UK last night

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Hi ATS

I was surprised there wasn't a thread about this - if someone has already started one I apologise.

Yesterday at about 1900hrs ish I heard lots of loud bangs - I went outside thinking I would see fireworks lighting up the sky - nope. So then I thought maybe it was gun fire because where I live you often hear gun fire at night - [ poaching scum bags who enjoy 'lamping' and killing innocent creatures ]

However - it sounded a bit more muffled than gun fire - it was strange. I was a bit puzzled. It lasted about 30 mins and was sporadic and I thought nothing more of it ..

Until I read this article:

Daily Mail Online; 2014 30/11/14:Listen to mysterious explosions that have puzzled a nation: Woman records series of loud bangs as MoD says it still doesn't know what happened
Sounds reported last night from Aberdeen to West Sussex to Devon
A woman in south London managed to record the mysterious bangs
Many suspected 'rumbling' sound was due to RAF jets' sonic booms
But Ministry of Defence said none of its aircraft had been scrambled
Met Office dismissed suggestion that unusual weather might be the reason

By Dan Bloom and Stephanie Linning for MailOnline

Published: 01:30, 30 November 2014 | Updated: 12:23, 30 November 2014

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... se.html#ixzz3KYmOmMqg
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk... RAF-jets-cause.html#comments" target="_blank" class="postlink">www.dailymail.co.uk... -military-denies-RAF-jets-cause.html#comments

www.mirror.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.mirror.co.uk... oud-bangs-heard-4721711 This is an interesting article too ..

By the way it was not a sonic boom - I used to hear the sonic boom from Concorde [before it was forced out of business] at 1600hrs every day - just before she went supersonic over the Atlantic

Any ideas ATS ??
edit on 30-11-2014 by HelenConway because: spelling

edit on 30-11-2014 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: HelenConway

Also - what is all this about mystery explosions - one closing the M1 - what is going on ..

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Sounds like a big quake is about to happen there in that region. Thats the ground stressing and cracking.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamfox1

Oh Gosh that is worrying - But Britain is in the middle of a tectonic plate ? - it is not on a friction zone ... do earth quakes even happen here ?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Might be a new weak point forming. Or could be gas buildup from below which still is bad news.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm in bristol n never herd nothing unfortunately 😞

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

They do, about 6 years ago I was up at night feedi.g my daughter when my bed was shaken by an earthquake, I live in Manchester. But I don't thik we have strong ones.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I have absolutely no idea!

I was out all night in early June 2013. There were lights all over the place. Not like lightning, but little flicks everywhere. There were booming sounds in the sky, too. I went up to a high vantage point and could see the flashing lights over the whole landscape. This was in Cornwall. I was so gobsmacked walking around in this craziness. I had my friend's dog with me who was loving it and very excited. The lights were definitely not lightning. The sky was clear of clouds.

Everyone I have spoken to was not awake and online there have been no accounts. Only one lady I spoke to had any notion of it and she called it a meteor storm. It was not a meteor storm, lol. I am still scratching my head and have no idea what was happening there.

Is there some sort of atmospheric phenomenon at work that we are not familiar with?

EDIT: That event lasted for about 2 hours.

edit on 30-11-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: extra bit.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Could that have been a military exercise ??? They had a big international military meet in Cornwall last year [ UK / USA/ French / Italians etc] - I think.

There was no flashing last night but what has puzzled me is why so many people heard it - across the country and the explosions near Catterick the military base where the M1 has been closed..

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Although the main explosions remain a mystery, during investigations aged detonators were found and a series of controlled explosions were carried out yesterday.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not sure if its related to your experience.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Chrono0

Across the whole of the UK - In the dark - in the evening at approximately at the same time ??? Can you share your link please re explosions - thank you

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It might have been in the Guardian that I read it, but some weather experts seem to think there's an unusual atmospheric condition creating the noise.

I think the thing at Catterick is fairly obvious an accident with an explosive. I'd imagine they have to go over the whole area by hand to make sure all trace of the ordnance was collected. I bet it's a paperwork nightmare having a weapon accident on non-MoD land.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Ahh you have - thank you.

Yes but it does not explain the rest of the bangs .. and it could just be the MOD covering up stuff

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

May be so!

The lights were very puzzling. It felt like something electric, like the air was cracking slightly. The lights would flash at intervals of seconds. This flickering was happening as far as my eyes could see. I was in a very rural place near the ocean.

I sometimes think there are atmospheric phenomenon that we are not able to quite understand.

Good luck in finding an answer to your conundrum.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I tol' yus all before, it was the X-37B chucking out ball bearings into orbit. The mission failed and all the ball bearing's orbits are decaying and they are now incoming..still I guess they'll get some science out of it.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The south London ones were fireworks and the sound was distorted by the same atmospheric conditions that gave us fog this morning. They were just up the road from me.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Never heard a thing here in North (Independent from the UK) Lanarkshire

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: HelenConway
a reply to: dreamfox1

Oh Gosh that is worrying - But Britain is in the middle of a tectonic plate ? - it is not on a friction zone ... do earth quakes even happen here ?

Yes.

There's a small fault line running through South West London and one in Lancashire that I know of.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
hi there is a thread on it...
A1 road closed near Catterick after explosion

you might find that interesting.

cheers

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chrono0
Although the main explosions remain a mystery, during investigations aged detonators were found and a series of controlled explosions were carried out yesterday.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not sure if its related to your experience.

I think that was done much earlier, the detonators were found during the search for a source of the Catterick explosion in the camp area, and obviously they were not the source for the Catterick explosion either.
edit on 30-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join