It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud Bangs Heard across the UK last night

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
www.cornishman.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.cornishman.co.uk... Cornwall-s-RAF-St-Mawgan-hosts-major/story-23262461-detail/story.html

Below text from above link

RAF St Mawgan is to become a temporary home to troops and personnel from around the world as the site hosts a series of major training exercises beginning in November.

Up to 1,000 personnel assigned to HQ Allied Rapid Reaction Corps (HQ ARRC) will participate in some of the UK’s highest priority defence exercises.

Troops and units from ARRC partner nations the Czech Republic, Canada, Italy, the United States, will join personnel from Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and others, to create a full complement of 2,000 military

Read more: www.cornishman.co.uk...
Follow us: @CornishmanPaper on Twitter | Cornishmanpaper on Facebook
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Was it near Falmouth - I will check when the military were there and get back
edit on 30-11-2014 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
A load of ageing detonators near an army base huh? I think from the language, we can assume they weren't accidently dropped there by the MoD years back.

That sounds like the uncovering of some old IRA plot to be honest.

I'm sure glad those days are behind us.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

The M1 explosions ??? But how would they get bombs under the motor way ??

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: HelenConway

I don't think there's any suggestion they were under it, unless I'm mistaken.

Do you mean as in dug into it?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

There was a picture in the Daily Mail article of the M1 or A1 [ not sure which ] and the tarmac was all dug up / destroyed in the middle ???

[ that picture has been removed just checked ]

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
It funny to stumble across this thread op. Yesterday where I live very far from you we had the same thing happen with the loud bangs, unexplained. They are now trying to say it was a mag 1.5 eq but was heard around a vast area here. Might be a coincidence but seemed enough to get my attention.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

In New York ?? are you EST - is that 5 hours behind ... did you hear them at about 1400hrs yesterday ??

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The daily mails article also mentions these sounds were hear by someone in fareham hampshire, only a mile or so from me. At 7pm last night, I was sat quietly in my kitchen, totally empty house and heard nothing at all.

During the evening (especially in summer) in this area, its not unusual to hear what sounds like gunshots, they don't seem to have any explanation.

We do have a large hill, perhaps a mile or less in from the coast, it runs for some distance and is the edge of the south downs. I wonder if the noise in hampshire and sussex has something to do with travelling sound hitting the hill or moving round it.

There was a 4.4 earthquake in the english channel, that was felt here a few years back, there have also been a couple of earthquakes of a similar size affecting london and the south east, so perhaps that is an explanation?

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I feel it necessary to put this out again:

Jumping Jack Flash hypothesis.

Hydrogen sulfide plumes.

Quite honestly,I'd tend more towards a mini-meteor cluster.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Me and the Mrs seen a large flash last night from the north east direction, I stay on a farm near Glasgow in Scotland, it was very unusual. Just one big flash in the sky like a giant camera flash but with no noise. ..

then a while later we could hear a helicopter outside which happens from time to time as there is a private airfield nearby but it sounded odd and exceptionally low so we went out into the courtyard and directly above one of the barns was what looked like a chinook or similar type helicopter, it stayed for a few minutes before leaving in the same north east direction.

I've never heard noise like it, I've been at airshows and seen them on tv or news etc but never had one above me and the noise was so loud we could feel it.. it was all lit up as well so we couldn't see the windows or cockpit, very bizarre... surreal.

And possibly connected to the big flash as it was only 10, 15 minutes later that the helicopter appeared and it definitely went in the direction of the flash.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Im from London my sister is from kent we both heard the noises which was around 8-9.30 can't remember exactly, which sounded like a mini war was going off, bomb explosions, automatic gunshots and other weird noise. It basically sounded like someone had the biggest speaker in the world hooked up to call of duty video game and I'm not exaggerating. Some crazy cover up went on last night no doubt.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I felt compelled to comment on this thread. I live in Michigan and last night around 1700est I was inside after setting up Xmas tree with the children. I could hear a faint time delay like series of muffled booms. I live 45 miles from a major city so it caught my attention enough to eventually walk outside. After listening to the sound outside for the better part of a half hour (one beer) I lost interest and went back in. I would have thought no more of this sound until I woke up and read this thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Heard the same bangs in Stoke on Trent area. Very strange stuff, thought nothing of it last night as it was just one of those things, but heard all over the UK too? Weird.

To that Galsgow farm person, those flashes are often seen as a precursor to a UFO fly by. Serious.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I'm in Manchester and .I don't hear anything. We need a map and to pinpoint which areas heard it.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maddog5595
I felt compelled to comment on this thread. I live in Michigan and last night around 1700est I was inside after setting up Xmas tree with the children. I could hear a faint time delay like series of muffled booms. I live 45 miles from a major city so it caught my attention enough to eventually walk outside. After listening to the sound outside for the better part of a half hour (one beer) I lost interest and went back in. I would have thought no more of this sound until I woke up and read this thread.

Which side of MI, east or west? I'm in west MI, in a quiet area of a city and heard nothing at 5pm yesterday. It's likely that you heard sonic booms from a flight path, though, especially if you're near the base (or any flight paths for it) in Mt Clemens. A PM to Zaphod58 might be useful for helping you figure out current flight paths, they can & do change.
edit on 11/30/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It was in St Agnes. About 16 miles down from Newquay on the north coast.

Sorry for the delayed reply, only just now saw this comment.

Reading other comments these events are mighty strange. Who knows, perhaps some strange stuff is happening and the authorities are as confused as we are?

The police knew about the light flashes and booms that happened the night I told you about. They were confused by it. I spoke to two officers the following morning.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I live in the thumb, I am a Navy veteran where I worked with aviation every day for a number of years. Normally you don't hear 30-40 distant sonic booms in a row. Maybe it was, could have been almost anything. Seems what this thread is addressing is much more local to that area with widespread reporting of the incident.a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i didnt hear them myself as i was out for a meal but is a link to our local paper about it all

www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Many were reporting around 3- 4 pm local time here. We had hunters in the woods get spooked by it, and many people in and out of homes reporting thinking it was gun shots in the small city here. I however was in the truck heading to the store at the time so as usual missed it. Everytime we have an eq in the area I am driving. But I did have a spell of dizzy all day and a tense pressure almost like a headache all day, and even joked with the family we were gonna have one. So now my local prediction is 2 for 2 in the last few years. The last one had deer running down the main rd and street in my area in large groups during the day about 12 hrs prior. That was one sign to me that something was up..

I am north of Buffalo NY for reference.
edit on 30-11-2014 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Im just outside Warrington in the NW of the UK. I heard this and it was some time between 10 and 10.30. Not exactly sure but I did send a text to a friend complaining about the 'fireworks.'

It's really odd this and something definitely went on last night.

I've listened to the recording on the Daily Mail website and it is exactly like what I hears.

I remember thinking that someone must have lit a load of fireworks all at once but then remembered you can massive ones that light from a single fuse. Still. It was very odd and I don't think it was fireworks at all now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join