It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A1 road closed near Catterick after 'explosion'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
BBC

Just a short drive down the motorway from me, it may be me being overly suspicious, but something doesn't seem quite right here,

Reports of an 'explosion' at approximately 3am this morning, here we are at 1.30pm, and the site of the 'explosion' still hasn't been ascertained, and according to North Yorkshire Police, could have emanated from inside the boundaries of Catterick Garrison,

North Yorkshire Police

Yes its a bit rainy today, (not sure if it would stop a helicopter flying?) but to keep a motorway closed for this length of time due to an 'explosion' that hasn't even been confirmed/located yet seems a bit suspicious, like something major is/was happening, but don't want the public to find out?

Anyone got any opinions?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ukmicky1980

I'm opting for munitions as a likelier cause then terrorism. Without information, we can't really know. I just tend to think that terrorism would have been piped through the media within moments whereas a munitions incident wouldn't.

It's interesting that the road is still closed without a known explosion site...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I'm with you on the fact a Terror incident would be world news by now.

I'm still curious though.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
If it WAS munitions then the authorities would probably like to be certain the area is clear of munitions that may have been scattered around the area.

Little boys shouldn't play with bullets or bombs.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

Twitter is devoid of any witness tweets which suggests everyone at the base has been advised to be quiet.

The road's due for opening at 5-6pm so the site must be clear and secure. Wasted day for the poor buggers in the traffic.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
My brain went into over drive when I heard the lack of proper news surrounding this story & here's what I came up with :

Night time manoeuvres involving a trigger happy soldier 'accidentally' firing the gun on a tank in the middle of a field

Night time shadowing /accompanying of either weapons or chemicals - the army can be seen some days behind and in front of trucks on motorways when dangerous cargo needs defending potentially - if this were the case and the explosion actually happened on the motorway my money would be on chemicals in transit blowing up for some reason. They have mentioned a six mile exclusion zone haven't they ? But I'd expect more general public reports of strange smells or smoke .....

A serious breach of the garrison by persons unknown - terrorist attack ?

D notice anyone ?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It isn't possible to accidentally fire the main gun on a tank and on exercise they don't carry munitions.I don't recall any firing ranges at Catterick but I wasn't there for long.

I was a tank soldier for twelve years.So there.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

That's good to know thanks Eric as it leaves us fewer options.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ukmicky1980

oh gee I hope everything turns out ok. I have relatives in Yorkshire.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
They blow up old ordinance near here, (Ballykinler Camp) on a regular basis, and most often at night, but that's usually something the police would know about.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Its funny that things were reported at exactly 03:00 to the police so i wonder if a planned ammo blowup went wrong

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
it seems the police still don't know whats happened, or they're not saying, and the Army are apparently saying its not them?!?

Mirror Live Updates

edit on 11/29/2014 by ukmicky1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
ok, now mixed messages from the Army,

in the 4.01pm update they said they were satisfied that the explosion didn't happen within the facility.

4.24pm 4 houses within Catterick Garrison were evacuated following the explosion.

Seems the Army don't really want to say whats happened.

edit on 11/29/2014 by ukmicky1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Very mixed messages indeed ! Brain whirr alert .....

How about this was actually a special ops. by the S.A.S. for example designed to test alertness, security and response and the regular army have been caught with their pants down ?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: slidingdoor

Another twist,

ITV

Ageing detonators found, controlled explosions, suspicious vehicles.

it seems theres much more to this than were being told!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hmm, not too long after this mysterious explosion in Salford only 5 days ago.

www.mirror.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

Edit: not saying they're related. but we got told very little about the other one a few days ago. Cause for concern?
edit on 29-11-2014 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
More links

www.chroniclelive.co.uk...

www.independent.co.uk...

Detonators have been found after an "unexplained" explosion was heard near the Army’s largest training base and parts of the A1 in Yorkshire have been closed since 3am on Saturday.

Police found "a number of ageing detonators" during a search of the area and bomb disposal experts plan to carry out a controlled explosion.

The road, which is shut for six miles around Catterick Garrison, was due to reopen at 3pm but remains sealed off as police investigations continue but will be back in use "when it is safe to do so", police said.

There were no reports of any injuries and police said the closure was a "precautionary measure" while investigations are carried out.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ukmicky1980
a reply to: slidingdoor

Another twist,

ITV

Ageing detonators found, controlled explosions, suspicious vehicles.

it seems theres much more to this than were being told!

The driver of the 'suspicious'car has been ruled out by police. The army says the detonators are not any source of explosion... which makes sense.
Maybe it was a bolide, or maybe a lost missile full of ball bearings now in a decaying orbit

Come to think of it, NK put something into orbit this time 2012, I don't think anyone knows what it was.
edit on 29-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Let me throw something else at this....

Jumping Jack Flash hypothesis.

Hydrogen sulfide plume + copper.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Ive only ever driven past the garrisons when heading up North so don't know the area. Ok I havent a clue what to think but what it if it was not a terrorist attack as such but more of a 'shot across the bow' from someone or some people that could be attempting to threaten the garrisons

Garrisons ... I love that word don't know why, it reminds me of Star Wars too

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join