It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fracking 101: What the Fracking Hell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Short documentary taking a quick look at Fracking and the negative effects it can have.

Many governments are allowing plans to be put in place for Fracking under the homes of people! This is an abuse by all accounts and should be a main topic of discussion!

But alas, the corporate media prevails.

Sad world we live in.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
sorry, video is gone.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: pointr97
sorry, video is gone.

Try again man.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Get the same thing, video removed cause of DIVIMOVE

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I live in a part of the country where fracking is being discussed. We have Frack No signs and bumper stickers allover the town. The population seems to be divided. Those seeking economic betterment are all for it, the environmentalists which we have tons of are very much opposed to it.

Has anybody ever seen the map with fracking areas that overshadow areas of poisoned water supplies? I can't vouch for its authenticity but if its true it should at least concern people who are in areas where it's happening.

I rarely click youtube links unless it's a few minutes long (I'm more of a reader and I have a poor connection), who's the video by, does it get into what's happening on the anti-fracking frontier? S + F

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Is the video working for ANYONE? It's working for me. I think it might be because you guys are in the united states and there is third party content that is copyrighted in the video?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Ah, that's probably the reason why. In the US, there's always videos being blocked because of legal issues. I'm surprised though, was it from a major production studio or something similar? Usually if a vid is blocked, at least in my experience, it's a major artist or tv clip.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Ah, that's probably the reason why. In the US, there's always videos being blocked because of legal issues. I'm surprised though, was it from a major production studio or something similar? Usually if a vid is blocked, at least in my experience, it's a major artist or tv clip.

That's a shame! All I can suggest is that your try getting to the video from a proxy server or proxy browser! Part of the video is from a very popular YouTube Channel with over 300,000 subscribers so I'm guessing they are fairly big money wise.

Why is it always the ones with the most money who are the most selfish? You'd think they'd WANT their work shared.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
To watch blocked YouTube vids:

Replace the /watch?v= part with /v/

The OP's vid unblocked.

Edit: Nevermind.. sorry. I guess that doesn't work anymore.

Tech's suggestion is probably the simplest.

There is a Youtube Unblocker browser add-on. LINK

I have not personally used it. Just found it looking for solutions.
edit on 11-28-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

So true, then there's people like Sam Simon who is giving away his fortune to various charities (even if they're not very nice ones). I rarely use youtube as most of my tv shows are public domain (from decades ago) and I have Netflix for the retro shows that I can't find legally.

300k subscriptions seems like it would draw a lot of water for the topic it's covering. I just wish topics like this would have millions of subscribers instead of internet comedians but nothing can stop that.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Ok I think I know the problem. Yes there is third party content but this does not mean my video should be blocked. It simply means it should be flagged and the person who does own content in the video can claim rights to any money it makes. Thing is, I'm not trying to make money off it and even if I was, YouTube shouldn't block the video it should just either give the money to the person who has the right, or cancel the monetization.

I think basically someone at Google has blocked the video because of the sensitive nature of it, they just jumped on the opportunity of it having the slightest bit of third party claimed content.

I just don't get why the iron fist response. Usually YouTube are WAY more lax than what just happened to me. I'm going to upload the video on some other platform and then I'll make another thread. Sorry about this guys.

EDIT TO ADD: I'm going to attempt to refute it due to it being educational in nature. Wish me luck.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Ok guys I have attempted to refute the claim under the 'Fair usage' clause. I think it will probably be successful, if it is I will re-post the video in a new thread and ask mods to delete this one as it's dud.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

It's working for me now.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

It's working for me now.

Ahh really? Can you try again and see if it works still?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Another reason to question fracking - several states Republican legislature's have passed bills to block emergency personnel and first responders from knowing what chemicals they might be exposed to when dealing with fracking fluids:

Controversial fracking chemical bill the opposite of what ODNR sought

A wide-ranging environmental and agricultural bill passed by the House last week would change the way oil and gas companies report chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing, a process in which sand, water and chemicals are injected underground to break up the earth and allow oil and gas to escape.

ODNR spokeswoman Bethany McCorkle said the department requested a law change allowing it to establish an online database for this information, which could be accessed 24/7 by first responders, emergency planners and the public.

"This would be cutting-edge to have the information on a database anyone could have," McCorkle said. "This is very transparent."

But a provision added last week to House Bill 490 appears to block the public and neighboring first responders and emergency planners from the database. Environmental activists said the bill would hurt first responders' ability to do their jobs while giving more power to ODNR.

North Carolina Bill Would Criminalize Fracking Chemical Disclosure

North Carolina’s state legislature is considering a bill that would make it a felony for anyone to disclose the chemical compounds used in hydraulic fracturing or hydrofracking, and critics of the measure say they worry that emergency first responders could get caught in the crossfire.

North Carolina GOP Pushes Unprecedented Bill to Jail Anyone Who Discloses Fracking Chemicals

The bill also allows companies that own the chemical information to require emergency responders to sign a confidentiality agreement. And it’s not clear what the penalty would be for a health care worker or fire chief who spoke about their experiences with chemical accidents to colleagues.

Republicans Now Want to JAIL Anyone Who Discloses Fracking Chemicals (Video)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is just crazy. These elected officials sure do go to work, when the oil and gas companies want something done. I find this to be very disturbing, and its really a waste of time. Anyone who really wants to know what is being used as chemicals for fracking could eventualy figure it out. Past employees who would speak, also it wouldnt be to hard to see what materials are being transported via truck or rail to jobsites near by. Im sure these companies buy the chemicals through a different name, to throw off anyone looking. To try an pass a law to prevent first responders from knowing what they are dealing with, with totally not right, immoral, and down right dirty, illegal, and getting you a first class ticket straight to Hell

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
As bad as it is now, if the TPP passes, it will be 100 times worse. (The Trans Pacific Partnership gives corporations, foreign or domestic, the right to overturn laws that interfere with their profits!)

This article says that the TPP might be finalized this December!

www.popularresistance.org...

As you may well know, the parts of the TPP that we’ve seen show that this agreement will severely undermine our ability to protect our communities and the planet. The TPP extends way beyond a traditional trade agreement and puts in place laws that would not pass through Congress in the light of day.

The TPP deregulates corporations and gives them enhanced power to sue from the local to the national level if laws interfere with their expected profits. And the court that would be used operates outside of our legal system and can’t be challenged.

Imagine life if the TPP passes: we would not be able to ban fracking or stop corporations from other toxic practices; we would not be able to give preference to local producers of goods and services; and we would lose more jobs to countries with lower wages and worker protections which would hasten the race to the bottom.

I am just heartsick about this. How the politicians can keep doing the bidding of these destroyers is beyond my comprehension.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
This is just crazy. These elected officials sure do go to work, when the oil and gas companies want something done. I find this to be very disturbing, and its really a waste of time. Anyone who really wants to know what is being used as chemicals for fracking could eventualy figure it out. Past employees who would speak, also it wouldnt be to hard to see what materials are being transported via truck or rail to jobsites near by. Im sure these companies buy the chemicals through a different name, to throw off anyone looking. To try an pass a law to prevent first responders from knowing what they are dealing with, with totally not right, immoral, and down right dirty, illegal, and getting you a first class ticket straight to Hell

Agree whole heartedly. Permanent damnation. It's not just first responders that should know the chemicals they are dealing with. When home owners water sources become contaminated, they have a right to know what they might be ingesting. After all, we put ingredient labels on food sources and on water from grocery. Why not the water we may be drinking from our own wells?

While I was gone this summer, the farmer who owns property which abuts mine, installed a drainage system on his west side field. The work was completed the end of September, 2014. Approximately 3 weeks later, my water became funky. Where the water was drinkable without filtration, clear and good tasting for at least the last 50 years, the water is now black with sulfur (irritating but workable), and in the last two weeks an almost sewer smell to it. It's downright putrid (unworkable). I won't drink it and am now facing the possibility of thousands of dollars in upgrades to get decent water. I will have my water professionally analyzed next week to identify what exactly is in it so I know how to proceed.

Non disclosure is almost always bad and it's becoming more and more an accepted practice.

Although this isn't a fracking issue, it is a drinking water issue. No mater what, people need to quit poisoning the water.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Surely you just get the MSDS sheet thats required by law and have a look on that, it will tell you everything.

Drilling fluids have been used for decades, pretty common in Oil and Gas industry.
edit on 29-11-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Watch this - it's worth it. Big time.

peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join