It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT Reporter Who Published #DarrenWilson Address Calling Cops Nonstop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I'm wondering too. Was she thinking it would land her more props from her friends, or add to her list of accomplishments in case she seeks a job at the ACLU, or for kicks, etc, etc.

Did she not think her personal safety could be put at risk, her reputation? This did backfire and though it's humorous it makes me think how the days of good reporting are long gone.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

you are right high fives is going to far...probably more like a few evil smiles

look i agree she did the wrong thing but as far as "what goes around comes around"...i cannot gel with...the police department are supposed to be professionals,upholding the law....from what i can tell she is now subject to the schoolyard bully and that is hardly a professional response to what has happened...

really if they want to take action charge her for endangering a public servant and his families life...reckless endangerment or something alike and move on

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
A perfect example of "When a plan backfires, into your own face."

If you are going to sling it, don't be shocked when it comes flying back.

I love it when karma works that way

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
She should understand what it feels like now, and there are a whole lot more people who hate Wilson, so she should be able to imagine what her article would be like for him. If she did not understand the consequences of what she had done, she certainly should understand now. Or maybe she is one of those people who just don't care until it happens to them, which again, should make her open her eyes to the truth.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: wilhelmina

originally posted by: Lysergic
A perfect example of "When a plan backfires, into your own face."

If you are going to sling it, don't be shocked when it comes flying back.

I love it when karma works that way

Some people just gotta pee on the electric fence for themselves. I'm afraid this is an example of such mentality.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
That lady's editor did not think it through either, or the proof reader, what sort of staff does that paper hire?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
That lady's editor did not think it through either, or the proof reader, what sort of staff does that paper hire?

perhaps the ones on the payroll !

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You make it sound like it is the Police themselves harassing this woman. I don't think they have too as there has been a lot of people upset with the publishing of Officer Wilson's address which is reprehensible and irresponsible, just as it would be to publish the names of those on the Grand Jury.

While there may be a few officers doing the calls I kinda doubt it as there are too many fed up with this type of journalism and rightfully so. This whole thing has been completely miss-portrayed by both sides and over a young man essentially showing off to his friends by standing up to the man and by a policeman who could have handled the situation in a much better fashion.

The recent shooting of the 12 year old in the park in Ohio should be front and center as not only tragic just completely and totally unnecessary. That officer fired his weapon at a 12 year old who looks like a 12 year old 1 to 2 seconds after exiting the patrol car...not protocol nor even close to making sense.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

You make it sound like it is the Police themselves harassing this woman.

are you suggesting there are police sympathizers out there on the job?...you really believe the police have no hand to play in this ?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

One has to wonder what she was trying to accomplish by revealing the officers address . For every person that is calling for his blood there must be at least equal numbers that think he did the exact right thing . If she thought there would be no consequences for her actions she must be intergalactally dumb . Thats Lois Lane dumb people .

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

No heat from me on this. When someone does something dangerous purely out of malice and it comes back on them, it's funny. To laugh is normal and justified.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

what a pathetic "tit for tat" world we live in.....this kind of thing reminds me of school kids.....

the lady should not have publicly exposed wilsons address but the retaliation is no better……this is how people end up getting hurt……

As long as there is no closure (public trial) this is the foreseeable future.
Every cop has a license to kill, every citizen fresher reasons to fear the police instead of admiring them.

When in doubt, shoot it out.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As long as there is no closure (public trial) this is the foreseeable future.

i wont be holding my breath

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

She should be careful calling the police, them being corrupt child murderers and all. . . . .

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

She should be careful calling the police, them being corrupt child murderers and all. . . . .

The cops in Chicago are a little different sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join