It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Utter Bizarreness of Time and the 4th Dimension

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Can you recognize that now never moves but movement occurs in it as it?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Look at it this way: to me a grain of sugar is a tiny dot, but for a flea it is a huge crystal ball.

If I look at the skin of an onion, it is so thin I can almost look through, but under a microscope, I see it contains of many smaller structures and layers.

If I draw a dot, I change the sice and feel the urge to paint it into a cube, in my perception, because I know: everything has a dept. Not just a height and a front.

Maybe time contains of such slices, and the faster I move, the more I sense between the layers...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Can you recognize that now never moves but movement occurs in it as it?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Maybe time contains of such slices, and the faster I move, the more I sense between the layers...

Do you ever move?
Have you noticed that the scenery is moving (all that is appearing) but you never actually move in your experience? You are always in the centre of your experience.

edit on 29-11-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Exactly: it's a matter of where I stand; i.E. where I determine my personal zero, from which I measure everything with the available senses. Maybe my senses aren't good: slower working, or they are excellent: faster working.
And then you have to find a formula, on how much the senses "cross waves": leed to shared dots, from which you got entirelly new Malus/Boni, to apply to the worth... have a different outcome, with tiny subreactions. Depending on how deep you want to, or are able to recogniise and work with the slight changes appearing from the result. It's relative, all is relative, depending on your environment and the filter you have to analyse it. "How deep you look", or "how many sub-possibilities you are able to consider". If I round the outcome everytime, I miss a lot of things, which could change the consequences. Because my slices are too thick...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Because there is movement happening yet you are not moving - this gives rise to the idea (concept) of time.
You are now and now appears to be changing.

There is no 'other time' - all time is imagined now.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

No, I measure it, don't imagine it. I trust my senses so far I can certainly say the picture in front of my eyes says, systems run=pictures move, my ear says: incoming soundwaves=audio running. My body moves I can feel that and cause reactions depending on what I chose to do: drinking, sighing, farting, lifting a finger, I get subconsequences depending on the envrionment I move in. If I am with other people or not, I get different results, if I am in a closed room, I get different changes in the environment = I live, so I alter my environment. A relative factor. That asumption is my opinion it took me time to imagine it, but the time I imagine it in is real, had different result causing events made by other wavegivers "result causing poles" sending different waves into their environments.... how much of it am I actually measuring? Is it sure my now is the only possible now? I am always just approaching a now, never reach it, it depends on how fast my currently available tech is measuring. Also an itself altering factor: a relativity: an approach without ever hitting "the nail on the head"

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

No, I measure it, don't imagine it. I trust my senses so far I can certainly say the picture in front of my eyes says, systems run=pictures move, my ear says: incoming soundwaves=audio running. My body moves I can feel that and cause reactions depending on what I chose to do: drinking, sighing, farting, lifting a finger, I get subconsequences depending on the envrionment I move in. If I am with other people or not, I get different results, if I am in a closed room, I get different changes in the environment = I live, so I alter my environment. A relative factor. That asumption is my opinion it took me time to imagine it, but the time I imagine it in is real, had different result causing events made by other wavegivers "result causing poles" sending different waves into their environments.... how much of it am I actually measuring? Is it sure my now is the only possible now? I am always just approaching a now, never reach it, it depends on how fast my currently available tech is measuring. Also an itself altering factor: a relativity: an approach without ever hitting "the nail on the head"

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

No, I measure it, don't imagine it.
'When' are you able to measure any thing?

I trust my senses so far I can certainly say the picture in front of my eyes says, systems run=pictures move, my ear says: incoming soundwaves=audio running.
'When' does seeing and hearing occur?

My body moves I can feel that and cause reactions depending on what I chose to do: drinking, sighing, farting, lifting a finger, I get subconsequences depending on the envrionment I move in.
The body is seen and the noises are heard, they are 'appearances' - you see the body, you hear the noise - when?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I conduct my point where the most possibility lines meet. Sorry I don't see what you're doing feels like bad debating, you just keep repeating the question "how" and "when" and i try to answer it in more and more detail, while you don't vary your question...
What I am saying is, maybe the perception of time is a relative, individual thing and not the same for every lifeform. Maybe if I draw conclusions faster, move faster, my heart beats faster... everything appears to last longer. Time is slower.
When I am slower in perceiving my environment, I make less memory dots to measure what happened, time appears faster.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I don't want you to answer this question with 'any details' - Can you notice that now never moves but movement occurs in it as it?
Don't consider any other life form or other time or space or any measurement when contemplating the answer.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I just keep repeating that it depends on what conclusions you make, when you use your ways, to combine the senses to determine the "now", maybe you have to assume your instruments are flawed? It's relative, a matter of perspective.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It is now now!
It is always now. Have you noticed?
When does perceiving take place?

Have you ever experienced time?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yes, I got that. I just keep pointing out whatever "now" contains for you, doesn't have to be the same amount of pictures, motions, dots on how fast I determine my "now". We maybe use a different scale.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
In deep sleep when nothing is appearing there is no time experienced.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

but measured with the little devices we invented to get out of bed in the morning. I trust my alarm.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Everything you experience is in the now. You cannot experience something that happened in the past directly you can only recall memories of something that happened in the past and recalling memories of something that happened happens NOW you dont go back in time and experience it again.

Therefore all that there is is now. Everything you experience is experienced NOW.

-Alien
edit on 11/29/2014 by Alien Abduct because: spelling correction

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Okay. Yes. Sorry I tried to have a discussion beyond the obvious, but if you're only repeating arguments I already agreed on as being a tiny part of the way I see it... Here comes what you want to hear: Yes I can only experience the now.

I can measure. And think my second could be of a different length, than the second of a flea. Just my personal relative perspective. Can't know for sure, but if time was simply movement, the cars wouldn't rust while standing around. That's a flawed metaphor, but maybe it pushes you in the right direction...
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSundayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: edit again edit again and again

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Can't know for sure, but if time was simply movement, the cars wouldn't rust while standing around. That's a flawed metaphor, but maybe it pushes you in the right direction...

Change is happening now. Nothing that appears (cars/rust) stays the same.
All is changing presently.
Because the scenery is changing it gives rise to the idea of time.

edit on 30-11-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

I can measure. And think my second could be of a different length, than the second of a flea. Just my personal relative perspective.

Where does now start and where does now finish? How can it be measured?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join