It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Utter Bizarreness of Time and the 4th Dimension

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
this is some interstellar stuff. truly is fascinating. always been intrigued by this kind of stuff.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It would appear the answer Is no. Very Interesting video a reply to: Itisnowagain

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 11/27/2014 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple
Yes no friends ....cool.

Can you explain why im wrong?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

No, never answered to anything you said...

Maybe because you call yourself AlienAbduct? But that's just guessing...

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What if Time isn't a dimension, but rather a layover of perception phenomenon?

If quantum entanglement is indeed a valid theory, then it would stand to reason that Time is just an abstraction of distance and independent observation - hence, relative to the independent observer?

I know it's an amazing construct whatever the truth behind it may be....I'll probably never get the hang of it....I'm still amazed when the bus runs on schedule in accordance with my personal timepiece.

Relativistic physics and space/time phenomenon sure are neat to meditate on!

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You said calling time motion Is just wrong.....I called time motion......can you have a conversation without insulting someone? Or have you just not reached that point of maturity yet? If so I understand and we can terminate this conversation now. But if you would like to have an discussion then by all means lets..... a reply to: Peeple

-Alien

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Time doesnt exist. And we really are playing this universe dvd in our body human computer, and all that we perceive as distance, and landscape, is just information, in wave forms that our brain and body decode and erect into a hologram and as a hologram akin to fractal we contain the whole within. Well we're playing it after all.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hypothetically speaking 10 trillion to the power of ten trillion light years form here, two asteroids impact upon each other at this particular moment. Based upon Bells theorem distance does not matter this event was an aspect of the moment and as such. Was an aspect of structure, in perspective, to everything that happened at that particular
moment in time.

Consider how the virtual strange quark is applicable to structure. Then consider, the potential, of what is implied.

Life after death is life and when a virtual particles blinks in and out of reality. Implied is that they do so within a frame of reference to reality, we simply are having trouble understanding at present.

Like relating to life after death as life. Or understanding that death is an expression of the virtual process, where even the Universe can be understood as virtual in such as it lives as we understand it and then dies.

Time is squared and in relation to the C squared component in E=mc2.

Any thoughts?

edit on 28-11-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Time is just a point of reference in the vastness of space

edit on 28-11-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: all2human

Without the past and future the present is a moment in impact, without cause or consequence.

Any thoughts?

edit on 28-11-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai
I'm suggesting that time consumes itself,it doesn't exist more than a point of reference in space.

edit on 28-11-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I am sorry, I really answered to itisnowagain, only now when I checked I noticed I quoted you while doing so. Sorry, but the intention in her post was the same. You nailed it tothe point before me, so sorry for that mishap.

Still time is not bizzare one line of the coordinate system we determiine reality with. What would historians do if time would be endless motion, they couldn't pin an event to a certain spot onthe timeline then.
Time is the one linear thing we need to synchronize with motions.

Don't know where I insulted you, but if you feel it was because of the alienabduct ting, then that's a not related topic and I truly think, if you feel you are your name, it is probably easy to step on your toes.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Really, we kinda live in the past... Information of ANYTHING happening takes time to travel to our brains. (Except maybe unique thoughts?)

The distance from our brains to any and everything that surrounds us determines our version of the present.

Sure, calculations can be made to adjust the official past record, but then where is the reference point, or truest to official reality perception point?

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Im attempting to put time as an actual observable dimension in relation to the known 3 spacial dimensions.

Think of time not in the popular sense as far as what historians use. But as an actual dimension.

For example. We have the first dimension forward/backward restricted to only just that. Then we have the second dimension left/right which includes forward, backward, left and right. Now we have the third dimension which includes the freedoms of both the first dimension the second and its self up/down. N

We can now have three dimensional objects. Now lets look at time. Time could be the fourth dimension motion. Now the three dimensional objects have the freedom of movement.

We can go further and look at the fifth dimension as consciousness.

If you had a meeting with me you would need to be capable of utilizing all five of these pieces of information.

You would need to know that my office is on the corner of First street (1st dimension) and Second street (2nd dimension) then you would need to know that my office is on the third floor (3rd dimension). you would also have to know what time 4:30PM(4th dimension) TO GET THERE to meet me there. Lastly you would need to be conscious (5th dimension) of all of the first four dimensions in order to perform the task of meeting me.

-Alien
edit on 11/28/2014 by Alien Abduct because: to add reply to link

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Without motion there is no time.

If this universe (including everything in it) came to a complete and utter stand still from cars to pulsating neurons to light in every observable form no events could occur. Therefore there would be no points of reference in order to measure time. Because time is simply motion.

So Peeple , you said this is just wrong. I'd like for you to please explain in detail how this is wrong.

-Alien
edit on 11/28/2014 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Is there such a thing as "complete stand-still" of absolutely everything? Or would it just be the wrong scale on the instrument? Maybe you can approach it: but will never reach it, just opening up for something [in between: nothing & next to nothing]
Like insects, or humingbirds are faster moving than we are, have a shorter lifespan, what if they are just living "faster"? Measure time in their speed percepton that takes the measuring dots beyond our minimum discernible signal?
We're trapped, we can't leave the dimension and the senses we use to determine reality. Capable of approaching "the truth" but we'll never reach it, because it could be just our instrument isn't good enough... If we retry with the same outcome, could be because we measure with the wrong methods? It's relative, you know, maybe if I speed up = the time I sense seems to be faster, but it could be just my perception working on a scale in between...
And yes, I threw in some audio freuency approaches in to something different, but there are fields we know that, what if there is no such thing as a vacuum? As soon as you want to describe relity, you have to consider all the possiilties, at first, but I chose to believe, "It's all waves dude, waves cause mutual reactions." But that could be just me, who enjoyed how we lately listened how Saturn sounds, the rosetta recordingds, how people make volcano action into "music", there is sound everywhere, even if nobody listens to it. Maybe time is like that. If you slow it down, there is still a tone, and you can lay things in between, interplaying, depending how you speed up or slow down, you "sense" something different, but it's the same on different speed scales. But complete silence, is impossible, there is always a sound, if you hear it or not...

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
All movement is happening now.
Is now going anywhere?

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That's the dots part: We sense a now, that might contain smaller intervalls of now, depending on how you look at it, or how fast you perceive it.
edit on -06:00America/ChicagoAmerica/ChicagopSaturdayAmerica/Chicago by Peeple because: arrgh

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Itisnowagain

That's the dots part: We sense a now, that might contain smaller intervalls of now, depending on how you look at it, or how fast you perceive it.

Have you ever actually experienced any other time but now?
How many 'nows' do you imagine there to be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join