It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous proves to be idiots once again.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

if indeed, or if you believe, say the same thing. the key word is if.
i'm gonna be the bigger person and stop now, it's plain to see the ignorance in your position and the back and forth severs no purpose.

i didn't blame any one. i'll save that for when the tape from the park comes out and shows what happened.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

They do have AirSoft paintballs. I have them in my closet. My AirSoft M4 broke not that long ago and the repair was to costly. For just a little more, I could replace it.

And I did break down the broken down M4 last week and spread the parts in different trash bins as I didn't want to be responsible for something that just happened this weekend. I knew if I would have kept it intact, chances are some one would have gotten hurt because it looked to real.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Spyder M-4 with auto trigger kit = FUN!

But realistic guns are truly a problem in urban areas especially.

Here you can walk down the street with your gun and not be bothered, but don't shoot the mechanical deer!

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Snoopy1978

Can you stay on topic please? This thread is about the alleged Anon and the dolts that they are for jump on the bandwagon and trying to cause more violence.

This sounds very much like a Progressive type of thing that I imagine you would support though. Problem, Reaction, Solution which is also known as The Hegelian Dialectic. People trying to cause further problems where none existed before.

You have a Good Night as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Mine was a DPMS AirSoft. 450 fps, semi and full-auto. It wasn't accurate though...I don't think any of them really are since they are all smooth bore.

I live just south of Cleveland, technically I would say I am in Cleveland, but when you do that, all the suburbians get their noses out of joint. "I'm from Parma or Berea or Lyndhurst!" all haughty like. LOL

This incident is getting more attention here on ATS than in the local news. Even the townspeople where it happened are saying that it was a unfortunate incident. It'll still be investigated, but I doubt it even goes to a Grand Jury.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

you may have had a Airsoft rifle that fired paint ball projectiles (bbs). but Paintball and Airsoft are two different things.

add for Airsoft BBs, Airsoft BBs,

and this from the wiki( cause it's fast) on the Airsoft sport. Airsoft

Airsoft projectiles Main article:
Airsoft pellets Classic Army M4A1 Carbine AEG with Aimpoint Comp2 Replica Red dot sight Most airsoft guns fire round plastic pellets, usually white, but black "invisible" or phosphorescent are common as well. The pellets mostly range from 0.12 to 0.48 g. However, the most popular weights for AEGs (automatic electric guns) and GBB* (Gas Blow-Back guns) are 0.20 g and 0.25 g (*These weights are generally specified for pistols whose muzzle velocity ranges from approximately 250 ft/s (76 m/s) to 400 ft/s (120 m/s)). Heavier rounds (0.30–0.43 g) are typically used in long range and sniper applications since they are more stable in flight and less easily deflected by wind. They are usually bought in bags or bottles of 2,000 to 5,000, but other sizes are available, such as a 250,000 round (65 kg) package of tournament grade pellets. Pellets are typically 6 mm in diameter, though 8 mm pellets do exist. Pellets vary by diameter depending on the brand (e.g. Matrix pellets are 5.95 mm in diameter and let less air slip past it during travel through the barrel, whereas Crosman pellets are 5.93 mm in diameter and allow more air to slip past during travel through the barrel and allow for less velocity). Mid to high end AEGs use 0.20–0.30 g pellets, while sniper rifles work best with 0.30 g or higher. Pellets are used for the majority of play, although foam balls may be used to represent M203 styled grenade launcher shells.[18]
Airsoft

i use to play about 10 or 12 years ago, never got into paintball.

another wiki (cause it's fast)
Paintball

and one more.

Paintball Pellets
Paint-filled pellets are also available, called paintballs, which are very similar to those used in paintball. Airsoft models equipped with the hop-up projectile stabilizing system are not able to use these, as the thin shells are liable to break in the barrel, soiling it with paint. These special pellets are also incompatible with Airsoft models using mechanized feed systems, such as high capacity magazines, for the same reason. With some companies, the use of paintballs voids the airsoft gun's warranty; paint may get into the mechanical workings of the airsoft gun and damage parts beyond simple maintenance. These issues may be fixed by removing the hop-up unit, which can void the warranty, and also switching to a low or mid-capacity magazine with no mechanized feed.
Airsoft pellets

they are two distinct guns and games.

edit on 24-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
Some one claiming to Anonymous just took down the City of Clevelands website. In connection with the shooting of Tamir Rice, a 12 year old kid who from all indications was a victim of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Of course, this may turn into another Ferguson moment, but I doubt it. Everyone seems to be all up in arms here at ATS, but not much is being said on the ground here in Cleveland, with the exception that it is being investigated.

But I see that no one seems to care that 5 people were killed in one house this weekend as well here. A 60yr old man, 17yr old man, 14yr old girl, and pregnant 41yr old woman, and the baby didn't survive. A 9yr old girl was also shot but survived.

Not a peep from Anon in that case is there? Just idiots trying to cause trouble before the investigation has even been completed..

www.newsnet5.com...

Unless it was cops who killed those people, then the equivalence is less than vague with the 12 yr old kid getting gunned down by cops who (we assume) were trained to properly handle that sort of situation.

My only bitch here is that Anonymous isn't even pissing anyone off by knocking down the city's website. Who cares about a website? If they want to really make a statement - and I hope they're checking in here - they'd empty Cleveland's entire budget and send it to some overseas charity's bank account. Or empty the Cleveland Police Department's entire pension fund into a similar offshore charity account. Some account that the US government can't touch, but that would do some good for folks with less than nothing to work with as they try to help people with even less.

Shutting down CitiBank's capacity to do business is one thing, but shutting down Cleveland's website isn't even impressive. It's certainly not punitive by any measure. Tear up their budget and you've got something there. If you guys are world-class hackers, that shouldn't be a struggle. And if it's fear that's stopping you, then shut your club down now before you become completely irrelevant to what's evolving here. At some point, it will become dangerous to be involved in this sort of conflict. If that's a problem, then let someone else take the lead.
edit on 11/24/2014 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Different world we lie in today.. Kids expelled from school because their poptart looks like a pistol after a few creative bites. Making the shooting gesture with ones fingers...

In today's world with the zero tolerance approach to guns myself along with just about everyone I ever knew growing up (girls too) could have had the cops called on them for cap pistols, BB guns, or just normal military or cops and robber play...

They had all the S. Africans turn in there guns too. Now look at all the mayhem and destruction with the weak unable to defend themselves.

The kid lost his life.. Anon chose to get involved possibly to stir the flame.. Two sides of the argument could be anytime a cop kills a kid (or anyone else) hold their feet to the fire and be sure it was justified... Far to long cops shoot and people turn a blind eye to why, where, and when.. The public is becoming more aware (which is a good thing IMO) and is starting to ask more questions over police actions... The pendulum is starting to swing the other way instead of the blind check the police have usually enjoyed over the years... The other side is even if justified there will be more and more attention given to the actions of the police.... as it should be.... a life was just taken...

P.S. Wow I sound touchy feely.... where in reality I am slightly right of Attila when it comes to anyone endangering, steeling, or hurting me or mine... It just seems the old school of shoot first and ask questions later is "epidemic" in some departments.... whether true or not, perception is everything...

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

here is the vid of them claiming it

these annon dudes are annoying as hell and theyre only going to make things worse

Don't you think that's the point? I still don't understand with all their "hacking" they don't hack the big dogs in Washington, DC and the psychopathic Corporations of America. That would do way more good exposing their asshattery than messing with the City of Cleveland website.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I'm a Clevelander. From everyone I've talked to, it seems to be a fairly good consensus that it was the kid's fault. Those are just folks I'm connected to, though. Not really sure why this is even being discussed, outside of being another sad story. The cops did nothing wrong.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Has Anon actually done anything more than just DDOS a website every time they get mad about something? I don't remember them really doing anything big, it has always just been shutting down some website, most likely from a DDOS that pretty much any script kiddie could pull off. If they are so great at what they do, why have they not done something big, like hack the NSA or anything that might actually mean something? I look at them as nothing more than mostly script kiddies until they actually do something more than DDOS a website.

If they are really that upset about the way the police handled the situation, maybe they could do something that might actually get some results. So far, all they are doing is inconveniencing anyone that might want to use the website.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

i'm gonna be the bigger person and stop now, it's plain to see the ignorance in your position and the back and forth severs no purpose.

My 'ignorance' for not believing official stories notwithstanding, I was minding my own business when you decided to dissect my post line for line.

But go ahead, be "bigger" now by not responding…

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
There are no suspects in the murder of the family, correct? So, until the facts come out it is not possible to say that it was not a police officer who murdered them.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

Your reply to me doesn't link to what I said, so I lack context for your reply. If you care to try again? I noticed your reply appears in my box but not directed to me in the thread.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I did not mean to reply specifically to you, sorry.

Sometimes (most times) my general 'reply' button does not appear (No idea why) so i have to reply to someone, then i just erase the "reply to: XXXXX" text from my reply. I did not know it gave you a message telling you that i replied to you.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

Oh, I see the problem, maybe. If you want to reply to someone specifically you already know to click on the reply icon upper right in their post window…

To reply to the thread in general, click on thought bubble icon at bottom (or top) right of page-- Between "new thread" and "alert".

Hope that helps,

intrptr

edit on 25-11-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

[Snipped Quote]

Well, its a bit more complicated than that. Rookie LEO, kid with gun, believed to be fake reported to police, toy gun had orange tip removed and the kid pulled it out of his waistband when the cops told him to put his hands in the air. I don't think anyone can say, at this point, that the kid did not know what would happen if he pulled a gun on a police officer. This sounds more like a case of poor judgement on both sides, but WTF was the kid doing with a toy gun in a public place pointing it at others? Sounds like a parental issue to me. Sucks the kid was shot and killed, but you can't put all the blame on the police......

As far as Anon, yes, stupid move on their part unless they are just trying to incite more rioting in another city in the US. This has the potential to become as volatile as the Ferguson case, though I would think this would bring more supporters than Ferguson after Brown was shown to be a violent person in videos only minutes prior to his being shot.

Of course, this is only one side of the story; the police.
as far as the orange tip being removed, and them telling
the kid to put up his hands before he drew the toy gun.

Really? What sense does that make. Why would the cops tell
the kid to put up his hands if he had not drawn the toy gun.
How would they even know he had a toy gun? What was the
reason then they told him to put up his hands.

Very skeptical of this one guys.

Rebel 5

P.S. There certainly is a lot of talk about Anon on ATS
recently!

edit on 25-11-2014 by rebelv because: syntax, add a P.S.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Imo even if what anon is doing is considered silly or an attempt to start violence... at least they are TRYING to do something. What is the rest of the usa (sheeple) doing? A lot (like on here) are "awoken" and and turn out to be keyboard warriors (me included)... but that does...well nothing.

They may be stirring the wrong pots but at least they are getting people to come together and do something about events that seem to be reoccurring every month now.

Hopefully they will begin to realize they are beginning to get more pull with the masses and will make wiser decisions on who and what they target. But like I said before at least they are trying.

And for this current situation... very very sad that such a young life is lost... regardless of circumstance.
Id like to point out that if your an officer and you are responding to a possible armed situation.... you will be wearing a Kevlar vest.... so if they would have waited 3 more seconds for the kid to "shoot" (if that was the case) then they would have seen it was an air soft. Plus, I have yet to see the build of the child but a 12 year old with a hand gun, especially if its a larger caliber like .45, would have an extremely difficult time just pulling it out of the waist band quickly and also aiming to hit a target. Quite of few seconds of pulling it out and aiming and steadying and if it was shot the chances of hitting something would be low due to not being able to control the kick. I could be wrong tho he could be an above average 12 year old who looks 17 and can handle a gun ...but really.... The cop should have used his head more. Even if the gun was real. He should have used different means to take the kid down.

** But also dumb parents for not advising that pointing anything at a cop is suicide now days.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
anon could be anyone. which is why they should not be trusted no matter what.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join