It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous proves to be idiots once again.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Anonymous proves to be idiots once again.

True.

As one of the other ATS members recently said on another thread - they act like judge, jury, and executioner under mob rule. They haven't got all the facts and yet they go out and commit STUPID crimes in a desperate bid for attention for themselves all under the guise of a faux-altruism. They have never done anything of any substance or brilliance. It's absurd.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

youre right...it seems like one of those events with the perfect storm of ingredients for disaster

in the end, even after all the maybe's, the cop couldnt know it was fake

sure the caller that was drinking at a bar said it was probably fake but that dont mean #.

dude was sitting in bar...he also said he was pointing it at everyone and scaring the # out of people...

i dont understand how people dont get this.......

one of the rules of gun safety is to assume the gun is always loaded......correct?

an extension of that is to assume the gun is real.....

this is not hard people

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

The only hope at this point is this becomes a learning experience for all.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Oh, not arguing that at all! I think the whole event unfolded just how it should have, however tragic it is.

In other words, I don't think this is "protest worthy" for anonymous. I think it was just a series of terrible events that led to the end result.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I agree, none of it matters now. I just try to think of how my kids react when found to be doing something they probably shouldn't.

First in their minds is explanation. Look Mom, yeah we colored all over the wall, but it is a picture for you. Don't be mad, please. I don't wanna be in trouble.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

The only hope at this point is this becomes a learning experience for all.

unfortunately, it wont be...it will be a learning experience for some...not all

i grew up as a kid in the 80's. even back then i knew it was not smart to go around pointing fake guns at people....

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I just heard on WTAM that there is video of the incident. The Park was being monitored by video cameras. But I haven't heard nor seen anything else.

Me neither. Except a vid bit of police showing the "evidentiary gun".

Good luck on the video. The most watched building in the world only had three grainy frames on 911.

edit on 24-11-2014 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What exactly is supposed to be done after the fact about the dead family? Is Anonymous supposed to hack into their personal internet connection and shut it down or something???

The dead 12 year old was an idiot, plain and simple. Sorry but police were called because someone was brandishing a gun and they said up front they didn't know if it was real or not; he was basically terrorizing a bunch of people.

When the cops got there which must have taken at least a few minutes while the people nearby were unable to talk some sense into him, he pulled it out of his waistband (according to reports).

This was a Grade A, First Class idiot, Darwin Award winner of the year.

While I would prefer that police shoot to disable rather than kill, that's their rule for their own safety and I can't argue with their reasoning.

We don't know if it was the 'real' Anonymous or a wannabe doing their thing, that's a separate and unrelated issue.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Yea, I'm not sure if this was the "Real" Anonymous (if there actually is such a group) or a talented hacker.

But all see here, and I do mean here as I live in the area, is people getting all distraught over one victim of a shooting, and yet blowing off the killing of damn near an entire family, in which kids were killed and wounded as well.

If this is Anonymous, then they have taken the amateur route and are just trying to stir up emotions and possibly get more people killed.

Is that the change that they are looking for? More deaths and destruction?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

I can assure you that a "real" Anonymous core group does in fact exist. I can also tell you there are several groups of people who CALL themselves "Anonymous" for the general clout behind posting as them. Some of them are talented hackers, others are useless script kiddies who pretend to be hackers.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
Some one claiming to Anonymous just took down the City of Clevelands website. In connection with the shooting of Tamir Rice, a 12 year old kid who from all indications was a victim of doing the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Of course, this may turn into another Ferguson moment, but I doubt it. Everyone seems to be all up in arms here at ATS, but not much is being said on the ground here in Cleveland, with the exception that it is being investigated.

But I see that no one seems to care that 5 people were killed in one house this weekend as well here. A 60yr old man, 17yr old man, 14yr old girl, and pregnant 41yr old woman, and the baby didn't survive. A 9yr old girl was also shot but survived.

Not a peep from Anon in that case is there?

False equivalence.

Unless you are implying that the police, who are ostensibly employed by government to protect and serve, murdered the 5 people in the home?

I don't understand why people do not get this. The situations are not the same - there is no equivalence. People being murdered is terrible and tragic, but equating government actors killing to private individuals killing is asinine. There will never be an end to murder - in part, because it's rather hard to figure out who to yell at - yet we can still yell at government that we expect better.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
a reply to: Doodle19815

if he wanted to say look its fake then maybe he should have put his hands up and said look its fake

you know

none of these maybes or what ifs matter

At the age of 12 you do not fully understand the consequences of your actions and these were huge consequences.

One thing that I did notice was at the press conference the 12 year old boy was referred to as the 'young man'. It then took a reporter to to ascertain if he was talking about the 12 year old boy, to which the spokes person confirmed was the case. When was a 12 year old ever referred to as a young man or woman? Never in my recollection, they know they dropped a massive boob, yet tried dressing up into something it wasn't.

a 12 year old boy, trying to show the cops it wasn't a real gun, yet is taken out with a couple of shots. No doubt he didn't think the cops would shoot, because he probably couldn't comprehend the enormity of what was playing out.

There is such a thing as the innocence of childhood, but it now appears that is no longer a thing that should be welcomed. It appears we now have to educate children on the dangers and pitfalls of playing with toy guns. Very, very sad.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I'm sorry, but when I was young, I had toy guns.

My brothers had toy guns too. When I got one, my dad sat me down and said "Young Railgun, remember, even though it's a toy, you shouldn't point it at people who don't know it's a toy. Especially never point it at policemen. They are very nervous around people with guns, and you might get hurt if they don't know it's a toy".

Not those words exactly, but he gave me the rundown. Any good parent would do the same if they had given their child a toy gun, or knew that their child had purchased a toy gun.

To claim the child didn't know of the consequences is fine, but he should have been educated of the consequences before this tragedy happened.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Ha! Your parents were better than mine! My brother had one of those shiny metal cap guns, the one that looked like a revolver. He would hold it to my head and "shoot" me when I would least expect it. (I will never forget the smell of those things, nor the ringing ears.) Mom would just wave him off, and absentmindedly tell him not to point it at people.....

He could blow through a whole roll of the cap tape in under 5 minutes. He pointed that thing wherever and whenever he liked. Of course at that time and place, there was absolutely no fear of the police officers. They were just the guys in uniform doing their job to keep us safe.

edit on 24-11-2014 by Doodle19815 because: Typo

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Who in the hell removes the orange markings from the tip of a "fake", "Air soft" or "replica" firearm?

someone who want's their toy to look real, when i was a kid i wanted all my toy guns to look real. whether i was playing cowboys and indains, Marine storming the beach, or in the jungles of nam. i would take great pains to make them look real, i would paint my cap guns and toy M16's black. M plus we went to the army navy surplus and bought cammies, web gear, backpacks, butt packs, helmets. we played hard and for keeps. hell all the neighborhood kids did. when even shot fireworks at each other.

Would a twelve year old even know how to do that?

if he wanted the gun to look real, and some kids are mechanically inclined and know how to take sh@@ apart and put it back together again. by the ime i was 12, i was building and repairing my bikes and motor cycles, go carts, minibikes.
i played with toy guns up till i was thirteen, and girls came into the picture, then i still got in bb gun fights.

Let alone point a fake gun at cops whom he is sure to know carry real guns?

hard to say, some kids aren't all that bright, some are hardheaded, some just brought up in the wrong type of atmosphere. can't really say what may have been going through his mind. you can't either.

Children aren't generally suicidal

that is wrong, do a search on suicidal children, it's more common than you think. here is a search page suicidal children, although suicide by cop from a child, i can honestly say that i have never heard of.

as for the rest of your post, yes witnesses will be coming forward, and a investigation into the shooting happen.the DA will decide whether to bring charges or it will go before a grand jury.
not all patrol cars have camara's in them and those that do don't always work, or work properly.

ETA: thought that i would add this for suicidal children.

Suicide has become much more common in children than it used to be. For children under age 15, about 1-2 out of every 100,000 children will commit suicide. For those 15-19, about 11 out of 100,000 will commit suicide. These are statistics for children in the USA. Suicide is the fourth leading cause of death for children ages 10-14 and the third leading cause of death for teenagers 15-19. Recent evidence suggests it is the lack of substance abuse, guns, and relationship problems in younger children which accounts for the lower suicide rates in this group.
Suicide and Children

edit on 24-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If the initial caller was correct and people were scared, then that would suggest that those people also thought this was a real gun. Eyewitness reports should put that to rest pretty quickly as the eyewitnesses would be the ones that appeared or said they were scared and initially thought the gun was real. If eyewitnesses believed it to be real, then why wouldn't a police officer?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRexBut I see that no one seems to care that 5 people were killed in one house this weekend as well here. A 60yr old man, 17yr old man, 14yr old girl, and pregnant 41yr old woman, and the baby didn't survive. A 9yr old girl was also shot but survived.

were these people killed by the police?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

were these people killed by the police?

That question has already been asked and answered on the first page.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
As sad as that shooting was, Anonymous appears to be attempting to expose actions of out of control LEO's, not murderers in general. Also, Anon has no way to control who 'represents' them at any given time. It would be easy for anyone to claim actions on behalf of Anon, just don a robe and a mask, sent out a tweet and the whole of Anon just got convicted of a particular action. Just saying.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I think that maybe the officers might have handled this matter with more caution, walking up on a suspected to be armed individual does not sound like SOP. No matter how this took place it is a very sad situation when a child is killed.

As for anon: at least they're trying to fix what they and many others see as a problem and are drawing attention to problems in our country / society. As we all know making positive changes to the system is difficult if you use the our standard access to the political system, or should I say if you're do not have deep pockets and lobbyists working for you.

Pro tip: Fit an orange flash suppressor to ar-15 and paint an orange end to your 9mm!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join