It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My application to join the UK Armed Forces.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

There are currently around 650 Muslims in the UK armed forces - stop with the bigotry and BS

Here is an Imam who was awarded an OBE for his work with the UK Armed Forces

And here is a Rear-Admiral - another Muslim

Suspicion my arse. Only from bigoted idiots.
edit on 23/11/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Greetings,

Given the very fact that wars are " Created " by the power hungry [w]Bankers et all of the world for not only control and domination of a country, but also the fact they do it for their OWN purpose, and use humanity as a foot solider to fight their battles for them for no other reason than to not respect your very soul for doing so....is, in my opinion, the highest form of stupidity for any human.

Sure, you go ahead and learn to kill people for the greater good of fear, control, money and oil.

Me, Ill sit here at look back at the times I was in battle, for no other reason as aforementioned.

The best army you could ever , ever join is the army of love, peace and respect for another human being.

Spiro

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hey matey, im out now but i served for six years with the RAMC, 23 para fld ambulance, 5th Airbourne Brigade (now 16 Air Assault).

My advice, from a medics perspective would be make sure you are straight with them, im pretty confident they wont just bin you. The British Army are pretty good when it comes to understanding mental health related issues, they will support you all they can.

Hey, i did my basic training at a place called Keogh Barracks, in our training platoon we had a guy with one plastic leg and a guy who had a severe nervous twitch, no #! (The guy with the leg was on the front of the sun when he joined, lol).

Actually, can i just i digress a mo for a funny memory... I can remember our platoon being awoken in the night to go and put out some grass fires on the training area and one of our training staff telling him he couldnt go because his leg might melt, lmao!

Seriously though, you dont know if you dont try... But be straight and dont hide things, it tends to be frowned upon in the Army mate.

Oh, btw.. The guy with the twitch didnt make it... They binned him as soon as we got into live firing on the ranges, the range staff wouldnt let him fire live rounds, lol... Good guy though!

Anyway, be straight up with them! You might get the pi** taken along they way (it is the army) but they will respect you more!

Anyway.. Nice one for even considering serving matey!

edit on 23/11/14 by HumanPLC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

I hear you stu, I wish Charlie all the best, however I would err on the side of preparing for the worst and hoping for the best in such a situation. it only takes the drunk alpha of the squad back in barracks to mouth off something sarcastic for things to escalate.
f

(post by KROandSOTV removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: HumanPLC

Thanks for such a full response pal...
It's very much appreciated.

I'll definitely be open and honest with them, they deserve that much if they're going to be deciding.

Thank you for serving.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I'm quite confident I'll be able to prove myself even in the medical.

i have never served but it does not take a vet to be honest and tell you that you are living in a fantasy if you think you'll be accepted..
not gonna happen my friend...

even if they did, if you as a person that hears voices thinks its a good idea to go to a combat situation then you dont belong there...

just a civilian opinion.....

good luck though

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Thanks for such a full response pal...
It's very much appreciated.

I'll definitely be open and honest with them, they deserve that much if they're going to be deciding.

Thank you for serving.

lol, its okay, you gave me a chance to reminsice, lol and as for the thanks for serving, no need at all, they were the best days of my life.

As for the Muslim thing! Its the Army, truth be told youre gonna get the piss ripped whatever. I got it because i was chubby and had big ears. Pee taking is part of the job, lol.

Good luck with it all anyway matey, what reg you looking at?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Haven't really decided on a regiment as of yet...

I was hoping after assessment, if I pass, they'd tell me which suited me best.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

THE ARTS can be worked until the day you die,Talent is begat by practice and imagination.
Dedication can be augmented by a growling stomach.
Killing is not a safe place to be for anyone,but imagine you are on a recon patrol and responded to a voice?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

If the voices affected me I wouldn't even think about it.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I've never yet responded to a voice.

But thanks for the input.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Grovit

If the voices affected me I wouldn't even think about it.

Thanks.

yeah but just cause they have not affected you up until today, that does not mean they wont affect you tomorrow...or when your boots hit the ground....or after you go through the mental rigors of having to deal with shooting/killing someone...

hey, whatever.....good luck man
edit on 23-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Part of the training is tearing you down THAT can have VERY unprdicatable results when your EGO is trounced to indoctrinate you as well.
Living with such knowledge isn't much to be proud of to the masses either.You would BE SURPRISED how many slander combat troopers and military with rediculous preconcieved notions.

Carpentry or plumbing apprentisships over there?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'd really appreciate any input from vets who have served and also current serving members of the Armed Forces.

I was US Army. I don't know about the UK but I'd imagine they are like the US military. You'd be disqualified. Honestly, you should be concentrating on your own health at this point. If you want to be helpful and patriotic, there are other avenues you can explore that would be greatly appreciated by the people in uniform. There are organizations that help returning vets and help the families of vets who are overseas, etc.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

That is medication for stress...

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Fair enough! In all fairness its a lot different now from when i joined. My recruitment consisted of an initial interview, completing forms, aptitude test, medical, recruting Sgt's interview and finally, the recruiting officers intervew, which was where you were 'officially' offered your (hopefully) chosen position.

Good luck though matey and let me know how you get on, im rootin for ya!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Haven't really decided on a regiment as of yet...

I was hoping after assessment, if I pass, they'd tell me which suited me best.

Become a sniper you will never be on you're own.

And that's the sort of piss take you're gonna get it's a laugh to them,but could you handle it constantly.

I did'nt join up cause i know for a fact i would not hack it,being bawled at 24/7 told what you can do and what you cant do,no not for me had a enough with a dad that made me bull my shoes up when we was kids me and my brothers looked like a disco quartet shoes so shiney and creases down me flares and the worst of it short hair the crew cut this was the 70s.

All i'm doing is warning you it wont be easy for you,You can still serve the country you love ,it does not mean that you have to join the Armed Forces.Go and volunteer at a local hospice that's more rewarding.

Like i said you have a new family enjoy your wife.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

Never had a problem with banter pal.

I can give as good as I get.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just a quick thought mate, why not contact your local TA? Ask to speak to the Adjutant and have a word with him. I dont know how it will go but i can promise you that they wont just dismiss you on mental health. Besides, there is a big push on recruiting reserve troops at the mo. It will also give you the added benefit of getting a slight taste of Army (ish) life before you make any serious life changing decisions. It might also be an opportunity for you to assess yourself too, see how you cope, etc.

Ive just done a quick search re joining the army with mental health issues and from what im seeing it looks positive. As i say, be straight up with them and you cant go wrong.As an example, I remember doing a stint at BMH Woolwich, there was some guy i met who had been referred for futher tests as his recruitment medical had turned up a potential issue with his heart. I dont know what the outcome was but, bottom line... They def didnt just give up on the fella!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join