It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Vets enlist with Peshmerga to battle ISIS

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Walsh

again , Muslims go and fight along side of the ISIS because they believe its for a good cause , just as volunteer fighters go and fight with the YPG and kurds , because they believe its for a good cause .

Just re-reading your post, and here I think you are wrong.

I know that many Muslim people left the UK for example to go and fight with the Syrian people against the Assad Regime, I don't think there is anything wrong with that, the Syrian people have suffered greatly.

ISIS are different in my opinion, they do not make propaganda videos urging young Muslims from around the world to come and help them defend their brothers and sister from somebody. They make videos promoting their ideology, they make videos demonstrating what happens when they capture their enemies, they make videos threatening The West, they make videos challenging the West to come and fight them, they make videos outlining their objectives of expanding the Caliphate.

You speak of the Taliban for example, their cause was to expel Coalition troops from Afghanistan, if Muslims wanted to help them then so be it. I think ISIS draw a different mindset to their fold.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

the war needs to stop, the root of ISIS is indeed political so am optimistic that a diplomatic means can be reached .

I would sincerely like to ask how you would envisage this?

i have reached this conclusion based on my research .

and by the history of the leaders of the ISIS .

it is more a political entity then religious . and i base this off their actions , because there actions "religiously" are against the teachings of Islam .

They don't view their actions as against the teachings of Islam though. Your source you quoted above specifically says that they view unbelievers as worthy of death. So in their minds, they are justified in killing anyone who is an unbeliever, and are not breaking Islamic laws.

You also never answered my question: Do you honestly think they would stop their atrocities if the western world pulled out of the middle east completely? ISIS actions against LOCAL minorities seem to indicate they would not stop, until they controlled as much territory as they wanted, and everyone in that territory bowed under their swords. Then, according to their own ideology, anyone within that territory who broke Sharia law would be punished by their own interpretation of Sharia law (beheading, dismemberment, etc).

So how can you say that there is a peaceful solution when ISIS own doctrine is opposed to peace?

Edit: I would also like to add that if ISIS was left unchecked and continued to swallow up parts of the middle east, either current middle eastern governments would wage war against them, or ISIS would eventually turn to Israel, and Israel would DEFINITELY wage war against them if they were attacked.

So the solution isn't as simple as the west pulling out of the middle east. It would certainly help issues in the future, but would do nothing to stop ISIS committing further acts of violence against the local populations.
edit on 22-11-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Walsh

Yes, Muslim people I know say that the actions of ISIS are against Islam.

Have you seen many of their latest videos?

There is many quotes from the Qur'an, and there seem to be a lot of emphasis on the religious aspect of their way.

A lot of Muslims believe in the legitimacy of ISIS's Caliphate, so as far as I can see it depends on how people interpret ISIS's claims of representing Islam, some agree some don't

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Walsh, have you seen this video?

What do you think?

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I think ISIS is simply somebody with gobs of cash controlling the blow back from the past into a ploy to achieve their aims in the middle east......
Saudi Arabia mostly.....

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

again , Muslims go and fight along side of the ISIS because they believe its for a good cause , just as volunteer fighters go and fight with the YPG and kurds , because they believe its for a good cause .

Just re-reading your post, and here I think you are wrong.

I know that many Muslim people left the UK for example to go and fight with the Syrian people against the Assad Regime, I don't think there is anything wrong with that, the Syrian people have suffered greatly.

ISIS are different in my opinion, they do not make propaganda videos urging young Muslims from around the world to come and help them defend their brothers and sister from somebody. They make videos promoting their ideology, they make videos demonstrating what happens when they capture their enemies, they make videos threatening The West, they make videos challenging the West to come and fight them, they make videos outlining their objectives of expanding the Caliphate.

You speak of the Taliban for example, their cause was to expel Coalition troops from Afghanistan, if Muslims wanted to help them then so be it. I think ISIS draw a different mindset to their fold.

i see you just want to continue to debate this issue , i have said how i feel and posted my opinion.

they fight for a mix mix of reasons , be it political , religious, what ever

here is an example , 2 min of this he explains it well .

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i am done in this debate..

i don't support the actions of ISIS , nor do i support the actions of people leaving there respective country's to go and kill other people weather they be "the enemy's or not ".

there is no difference when your mind set is to go kill .

killing is killing regardless of what side your on.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Goodbye.

I for one believe that the Kurds need help. And I commend those who go to aid them.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

how is this any different from the" Muslim Terrorist" who had his family killed in Afghanistan buy an invading force "USA" -then decides to go fight against them because his people are being killed and oppressed?

or mercenaries going to fight for money ?

Why is it ok for them to go and Fight the ISIS ? they are doing the exact same thing other people are doing who are "Pro ISIS "
they go and fight because they believe "their people are being oppressed and murdered"

here is the difference , the world has labeled the ISIS , and other non associated groups as "the enemy " or "terrorist"
and to have such a title means your automatically worthy of death , no questions asked... therefore its now OK to go and kill the "terrorist" , when in reality they are doing the same thing as the" terrorist "

i don't know i don't fully understand how two wrongs can make a right .

just as the ISIS are labeled as heroes among them self's , to to shall the people who are going to fight for the YPG ?Kurds.

The difference is that ISIS is a terrorist group which has a record of ethnic cleansing and other horrific crimes. The Kurdish Peshmerga are a professional military which operates much the same as any other defence force. The Kurdish YPG are a militia formed to defend the lands of the Kurds in Syria. There is a huge difference between a force formed to protect the lands of a people, and a group formed to establish a caliphate under any means (violent and otherwise).

That said, people are still barred from joining recognised Kurdish terrorist groups such as the Turkish Kurdistan Workers' Party. So your idea that somehow people are allowed to go and join any Kurdish group to fight ISIS is wrong. People may be able to go and volunteer for the Peshmerga, but it is illegal for them to join the ranks of Kurdish terrorist groups.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join