It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How has geek/nerd bullying become so acceptable again?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I just hope it's not something in the bread. lol We all saw how that worked out for Goody Proctor and Giles Corey and company

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Everyone is a nerd/geek the way of things now. Unless you're older and haven't jumped on board pretty much. Gaming used to be unpopular, but if you are popular, probably also a gamer. Similar perhaps to sports fans, and now there are Esports and colleges starting to offer scholarships for such.

edit on 11/18/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I'm a nerd, proud of it, but this Sam Biddie guy, I think most of us nerd can take him down with a kick to the groin...
By the way Sam,dont try bullying us nerds, alot of nerds with computer skills will DESTROY your life, ie close bank accounts, post your info online, get credit cards in your name, trust me Sammy, you dont wana go down that road nowadays

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I'm a Trekkie married to a Star Wars & LOTR nut, who I also converted to Trekkism to an extent. It's a different sort of geek from say, anime or cosplay geeks, but overall, still the same general community. Unless you fit the lyrics of Weird Al's White & Nerdy, it's not really anything cool to be picked on about these days, and even then, the White & Nerdy stereotypical nerd still doesn't have much to worry about. Geeks & nerds are doing a-ok, much better now than when I was a geeky teenager with a working ST comm badge

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Maybe I'm out of the loop because I have no access to any type of social network, but wth is Gamergate?

& wtf is a hashtag?

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I've even read about it and I still find it odd. The hype or whatever doesn't match the story, something is off somewhere. It's like did they take the least intelligent and most dramatic people to start the thing, then followed up by hyperbole and more drama by the media? If so, who really cares? Sandwhich-gate next because two besties got in a spat over condiments?
edit on 11/18/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I'm a Trekkie married to a Star Wars & LOTR nut, who I also converted to Trekkism to an extent. It's a different sort of geek from say, anime or cosplay geeks, but overall, still the same general community. Unless you fit the lyrics of Weird Al's White & Nerdy, it's not really anything cool to be picked on about these days, and even then, the White & Nerdy stereotypical nerd still doesn't have much to worry about. Geeks & nerds are doing a-ok, much better now than when I was a geeky teenager with a working ST comm badge

I'm so jealous of your husband lol

edit on 11/21/2014 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Here's the tweets regarding the scientist: storify.com...

There were some bad tweets there, operative word being some.

Just for clarification (due to the lack of information in the OP): the scientist in question is Matt Taylor, who wore a shirt depicting women in bondage during media coverage for the rosetta project, and later apologized for it.

www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-30055278

I can't tell if you're misinformed or deliberately misleading people based on the way you phrased the event.

At least you didn't use the phrase feminazis or feminist hate mob, so while your post is bad, it's not as bad as the others I have seen.

edit on 21-11-2014 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bates

How about at least one source in your post?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Bullying has never been faught by government programs. It has been constantly supported by western government, in particular in the USA and in the EU.

In italy this has recently taken a whole new level where little children in the kindergarten are bullied and literally tortured by MKULTRA manipulated teachers. In such cases the government is always responsible as it is directly acting in a neuro-psychological manipulation of both teachers, bullies and bullying victims.

The purpose is to create terrorists and to form people that are either excluded from society or living at its border, to be used as patsies in orchestrated events for the political purposes.

Interior minister Alfano and PM Renzi together with the military chiefs of the general staff are the main responsible for the latest event in that kindergarten.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join