It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don’t Vote, Don’t Bitch!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
My declaration for the day: if you didn’t vote this past election, you have no right to voice opinion. When you don't vote, you're going to get the same thing. But on the flip side, the more the people vote, the more chance of getting alternatives to the two party dictatorship. What can we do to increase voter turn-out? I talk about some ideas, but I want to hear yours too. Plus, find out the historical reason why is voting day on a Tuesday.

+41 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

Actually you do have the right to bitch, it's right there in the constitution, freedom of something....

edit on 8-11-2014 by abe froman because: I honestly hope you're not getting paid for this nonsense.

+42 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Every year more and more evidence of full fledged election fraud is exposed. Each year the same type of people are "voted" in. It has become abundantly clear that the election system is nothing more than an illusion, much like most of the "rights" people think they have.

Now you mean to tell me that if i refuse to participate in a blatant farce, i should not be allowed to voice my opinion? What if i voted, but did a write in for Alfred E. Neuman, would that entitle me to be able to voice an opinion?

I refuse to play along with the illusion that has become this country's democratic process and i refuse to stop "bitching".

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So if you voted we get to hear more threads about how your team is the greatest? Yippee!

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I agree with you on most points but not this one. I refuse to vote for democrats acting like a republican and I also refuse to vote republican Ever again . I also won't vote libertarian (republican lite) or the green party (democrat lite).

But I will bitch all I want! Stop me if you can!

Oh and like it or not your my inspiration for not voting!!!!
edit on 8-11-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
Every year more and more evidence of full fledged election fraud is exposed. Each year the same type of people are "voted" in. It has become abundantly clear that the election system is nothing more than an illusion, much like most of the "rights" people think they have.

Now you mean to tell me that if i refuse to participate in a blatant farce, i should not be allowed to voice my opinion? What if i voted, but did a write in for Alfred E. Neuman, would that entitle me to be able to voice an opinion?

I refuse to play along with the illusion that has become this country's democratic process and i refuse to stop "bitching".

Get out of my head! That's what I was going to say

edit on 8-11-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Yes, I will bitch because there was no one that I could morally justify voting for! I couldn't even vote for ballot measures this particular go around because they all included parts I couldn't bring myself to vote against but they also included parts I couldn't vote for.

Even if I don't think they stand a chance, I will vote for someone I can stand behind. Even if it is only to make a statement. However, none of the people I could stand behind ran this time!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
He is right.

Don't bitch, laugh.

I am.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   

*Voting makes a difference
*Elections aren't rigged
*Politicians care about their constituents and aren't bought and paid for by corporations

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That's cute Jesse!

I will bitch until they add a 'no confidence' option on the ballot and/or dismantle the current plutocratic system America runs on.

edit on 11/8/14 by Bandersn4tch because: added reason ill bitch

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bandersn4tch

How bout something more realistic.

We ALL stop acting like monkeys with a handful of # and just be Americans again.

You member, grown ups. We could be alcoholics having key parties and doing coc aine again, that was fun.

Edit:
Ah, the irony of this thread in the Off the Grid forum.

So rich, so delicately nuanced.
edit on 8-11-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
If congressmen & senators were honest, patriotic and there to serve the people of their States and Districts... ...but - were given legislative options to choose between two evils, and they voted (in their opinion/s) for the lesser evil --- that vote, is later called "their stance"...and, flip-flops are not the best shodding for political careers.
How can it be any different for us?
(It could very well go against one in a court of law.)

Your stance, while carrying a logical flow - sounds like Rush Limbaugh to me.
"Pick a side! (so we'll know whether to shoot you or not)"

I will not vote for the devil...over BaalzeBub.

But - thanks for your opinion on the matter!

edit on 11/8/2014 by WanDash because: words - who need 'em

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Half the people vote???

Not even. Only 46 million voted this last election out of over 360 million people. Pathetic.

Unfortunately the biggest bitch and moaners are the same ones who don't participate. I blame the lazy people for the state of the nation they spend more time bitching about it than doing something about it in many cases they do absolutely nothing.
edit on 8-11-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Compulsory voting!. Yeah we still end up with rigged elections, gerrymandering, malapportionment, 2-party cronyism and the lot, but at least elections are by the majority of the people--not by a handful of party faithful.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Give me one reason why I should believe my vote is actually counted, correctly represented, or that it matters in any way. Locally I might agree, my friends, myself and my family have some say in local policy and get to vote for people like our mayor - but on the national level? I'm starting to follow you less and less, this post takes the cake. The naivety to think individual, law abiding citizens can make any difference in Washington...

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This is the part of the speech where I'm told I should have voted republican. Got it. Awesome sauce bro

ETA: His comeback will be "you are part of the problem. Rush said so."

Cool

There's your sticker
edit on 8-11-2014 by nukedog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I vote but I am not blind to the truth of the process. For my vote to count several things need to occur...

1) More transparency and awareness of the Electoral College.
2) Repeal Citizens United
3) Ban lobbying in all forms.

Number one is an educational thing. Two and three are simply put proof that $$$ outweighs the votes.

Oh and don't get me started on Deibold Jesse... You know what I'm talking about!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Get real Jesse

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nuff said. Please keep up

The problem are the voters.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut
Get real Jesse

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nuff said. Please keep up

The problem are the voters.

Awesome so it's our fault, because Franklin said, "IF YOU CAN KEEP IT"

Explain to me exactly what that means to me who has inherited nothing from "IT" outside of usurary loans, ridicule, and a life of back breaking labour. Oh and I have a son. They need to run him through the system before they can decide wither or not he qualifies for CHIP or a free market place insurance policy. Thanks for checking up on my son for me

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
My declaration for the day: if you didn’t vote this past election, you have no right to voice opinion. When you don't vote, you're going to get the same thing. But on the flip side, the more the people vote, the more chance of getting alternatives to the two party dictatorship. What can we do to increase voter turn-out? I talk about some ideas, but I want to hear yours too. Plus, find out the historical reason why is voting day on a Tuesday.

Now that is NLBS right there. I voted for change I believed in the first time, yeah right. Disenchanted would be a cosmic understatement. Government is corrupted to the core and infiltrated by big money. Our "vote" has about as much value as my two cents in a quantum physics debate. Now matter who wins, we lose by acknowledging it you give it legitimacy. Silly rabbit.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JesseVentura
My declaration for the day: if you didn’t vote this past election, you have no right to voice opinion.

What a crock. Sorry but that line is ridiculous. A no-vote is much a voice as a vote.

When you don't vote, you're going to get the same thing. But on the flip side, the more the people vote, the more chance of getting alternatives to the two party dictatorship.

Where was this magical thought during the primaries; when such thinking would actually be more conducive and produce better candidates? America --- only November matters when it comes to voting.
edit on 8-11-2014 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join