It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Take The Majority Back In The Senate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
Another way to look at this is: checks and balances are still alive. Look on the bright side. oh and too bad you lost. My condolences

Im not a supporter of the two party system. I I think BOTH parties are scum. I think anyone that voted for either party are fools.So in my opinion everyone has lost!

Im a Brits anyway but the the fact is the decline of the USA will affect the UK so I want a strong prosperous USA and your stupid democraps and republicons wont deliver that, just more corruption.

And in future I would read more than the first line of a post as you have seen Im not a supporter of the Democrats any more than I am republicans.
edit on 5-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

If "good old boy" McConnell is the new Senate leader, it will be changing one corrupt power monger for another.

All the lifers are the same...it ought to be fun watching the conservatives and the RINO"S hack each other apart.

Nothing will change, same circus, different performers .

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
Am no American and am no expert in American politics so how are Republicans different from Democrats ?

Democrats throw money at social issues, and republicans ignore them. Other than that, there is not much difference, they work for the same ruling class lobbyists.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I finally have a reason to like California, they didn't pick Sandra Fluke.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Going to be the same old gridlock but instead Democrats will be blocking all of the anti-abortion bills.

Hope Obama has that Veto stamp ready

Not going to happen. The abortion issue is dead and has been since Roe Vs Wade. Republicans may feel abortion is wrong, but they won't try any legislation, the issue was resolved by the Supreme Court a very long time ago.

The only abortion issue that is left alive is post-birth abortion, killing an infant born alive after a botched abortion or if the mother decides the birth is an abortion rather than a birth. The Democrats stand firmly in support, at least Obama does as he did in Illinois. However, making a law making infanticide legal would be something the Democrats won't try.

So either way, regardless of where each party stands, abortion as an issue is dead.

Obama will get his veto stamp ready and warmed up I'm sure,
but
he is much more likely now to pick up his pen and phone and circumvent congress even if it is technically illegal to do so.

I'm glad to see the Dems getting a strong message from the US.

Now it is time for a third party to rise, the risk will be that both parties will do to it what they did to the Tea Party, take a populist movement that was not racist, homophobic, etc, and so pummel the people in the press that all that was left were the very people they claimed were in it at the beginning. A third party needs to be strong and ready to hold up to the false attacks that will come.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Now it is time for a third party to rise, the risk will be that both parties will do to it what they did to the Tea Party, take a populist movement that was not racist, homophobic, etc, and so pummel the people in the press that all that was left were the very people they claimed were in it at the beginning. A third party needs to be strong and ready to hold up to the false attacks that will come.

Thats what's happening in the UK. A third party's has sprung up and the two main parties are crapping bricks. But like you said they are trying to counter the third party by trying to tie it with extremism and racism, actually I think they are playing it far to hard as in every debate rather than focus on the issue the 2 party's just just mud slinging at the UKIP (our new party) and just make themselves look like pathetic children. Its doubtful UKIP will win a election and form a goverment but they could win enough seats to influence and and but a break on the 2 main party's.

So yeah any 3rd party in the USA has to be able to weather the mud flinging and try and keep itself clean by not takeing in or kicking out any loony s.

edit on 5-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

living in California, I feel like a foreigner in my own country. oh well, back to screwing over the middle class and poor, how long will it be before we send troops to war? cutting taxes on mega-corporations and the wealthy, while doing away with the financial safeguards of Dodd-Frank regulations, and the consumer protection agency. of course the taxes that are cut, will be shouldered by decreased services, and higher local taxes. and, if your 12 year old daughter gets knocked up by your cousin raping her, develops lethal complications due to that pregnancy, she can choose death or forced birth....YEE-HAH , TED CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!!!!
edit on 5-11-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I really think this is more about the frustration of the average voter then anything else.

It really is an opportunity for the Republicans to stand up and try to govern for the people.

Find out what the people they represent really want from the government and then help them achieve it. If they do this they will win more and more elections.

However, I have a jaded view of politicians and think that they will fall back on their outdated dogma and get trounced in the next election.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Oooh you poor thing let me call you a waambulance.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
I really think this is more about the frustration of the average voter then anything else.

It really is an opportunity for the Republicans to stand up and try to govern for the people.

Find out what the people they represent really want from the government and then help them achieve it. If they do this they will win more and more elections.

However, I have a jaded view of politicians and think that they will fall back on their outdated dogma and get trounced in the next election.

right!!!....because as everyone knows, the republicans are the ones that have consistently had government help out those that need it the most...(sarcasm applied)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: jimmyx
living in California,....

California has been run into the ground by the dems out there. It's broke. Soon it will totally collapse and everything will have to start over from the ground up. Just dont' expect the rest of the country to bail you out. What are you all going to name the new state? A new beginning deserves a new name.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

living in California, I feel like a foreigner in my own country. oh well, back to screwing over the middle class and poor, how long will it be before we send troops to war? cutting taxes on mega-corporations and the wealthy, while doing away with the financial safeguards of Dodd-Frank regulations, and the consumer protection agency. of course the taxes that are cut, will be shouldered by decreased services, and higher local taxes. and, if your 12 year old daughter gets knocked up by your cousin raping her, develops lethal complications due to that pregnancy, she can choose death or forced birth....YEE-HAH , TED CRUZ FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

You sound like a campaign slogan for regressive,totalitarian,collective utopia!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

living in California, I feel like a foreigner in my own country. oh

Interesting.

I thought people would have felt that way long before last nite with the signs in spanish all over the place.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

That's so sad. I guess now you know how all those conservatives felt the last several years.

If it makes you feel any better, we conservatives survived a much worse political climate than the one you guys face now. Suck it up, quit whining and learn from your mistakes. At least you have the executive branch that can, and likely will, block anything the GOP Congress passes. For two years, we didn't even have that.

It isn't the end of the world. Some of you guys are acting ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Oooh you poor thing let me call you a waambulance.

no, I'm fine...I've been fortunate enough in life that I don't have to worry about being poor, I just have something called empathy for those that have not been as fortunate, but, obviously I'm in a very, very, small minority. can't wait for those entertaining impeachment hearings to start though, I'll need to stock up on popcorn.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: vor78

It isn't the end of the world. Some of you guys are acting ridiculous.

In the spirit of 'fair play', 'Fair share'.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

The GOP won last night.

Anyone who doesn't like it ?

Needs to get over it.
edit on 5-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

So if a political party controls the House and Senate, then the president becomes irrelevant and it is the party of the House and Senate that holds the responsibility/blame?

Because if that IS the case, then the democrat controlled House and Senate for Bush's last 2 years in office are responsible for all the economic problems we are now facing.

Hmmm.

What a quandry.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Because if that IS the case, then the democrat controlled House and Senate for Bush's last 2 years in office are responsible for all the economic problems we are now facing.

Aww that doesn't work like that.

Only when theres an R by their names does it 'matter'.
edit on 5-11-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Amen.

I don't know what they expected. Did they honestly believe that the Democrats would hold a permanent majority? This isn't China or the old Soviet Union, as much as some of them seem to want it to be. Political winds shift, government control changes hands. That's the way it is.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So if a political party controls the House and Senate, then the president becomes irrelevant and it is the party of the House and Senate that holds the responsibility/blame? Because if that IS the case, then the democrat controlled House and Senate for Bush's last 2 years in office are responsible for all the economic problems we are now facing.

stop using logic, it confuses them.

edit on 5-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join