It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's almost over...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Did my part and voted as I always do but I really believe it doesn't change a thing.

The only thing that will change very soon and I am glad of is the TV commercials I am so sick of.

Not one single advertisement I have seen has shown a candidate telling you what they will do if elected (not that they would follow through anyways) but instead EVERY commercial slings mud and tells you what the other guy or girl has done wrong in the past.

What Will I do if elected? It don't matter because what's important is that my opponent did __________ and this ________ 3 years ago and you should not vote for them!!

Always glad when it's over, we can suffer the new people till we change them out again for the same old same old.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

I enjoy the certainty and reliability of the ritual. No matter what happens we can rest assured that our rights will be eroded further and our overlords pedestal raised even higher. God bless America.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
It's never over in the U.S. anymore. The mid-terms aren't even over and it's all about 2016 now. The signs NEVER go down here. EVER. These political hacks are mentally ill. I wish it was more like the UK here. A few weeks of madness and then they STFU.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
High five man. That annoys me(that was put mildly). Give me solutions, not pointy fingers. Give me something to vote FOR.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

intrepid...

Would it not be preferable to have something to vote for, AND have a reasonable expectation of actually GETTING what you voted for?

I have become increasingly disillusioned with democracy, since I realised that even if there were parties with policies worth voting for in my country, the chances of those policies which would be best for our country, ever being enacted, are virtually nil!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

intrepid...

Would it not be preferable to have something to vote for, AND have a reasonable expectation of actually GETTING what you voted for?

Yes. That's my point. "We're not the Democrats" is not a viable platform. Put one forth.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Just watched a newscast from a 'neighboring' community, where one of the Council Member seats is being decided between a newcomer and a deceased-incumbent.
The deceased-incumbent's family were being interviewed, and in the end asked - "Why should people come out and vote for [your deceased family member]?" - The response was - "So we - our community - can make history."
So glad to be a part of this charade.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
It's never over in the U.S. anymore. The mid-terms aren't even over and it's all about 2016 now. The signs NEVER go down here. EVER. These political hacks are mentally ill. I wish it was more like the UK here. A few weeks of madness and then they STFU.

I wish politics in the US was more like the UK too! At least those guys put on a show. I mean I don't like hockey but I'll watch it for the fights

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
There will be poll calls on the phone for about four months afterward. They will try to steer people to vote the way they want them to vote in the next election in a subtle way. Half the political surveys are just to steer us to vote for whom they want us to vote for. They make it seem like our idea from what they tell us, that way we try to convince others to follow the creators of the surveys. The polls to predict the outcome of an election can be the same thing, they could be deceptions trying to steer our votes.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I didn't vote today.

New to the area, wasn't able to register in time.

So hate on me.

I live in a blue state anyways. I'm back behind enemy lines.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Slippery politicians from both sides of the aisle vote for things that they oppose when the legislation was written to die in the first place. Then when the real bill come up they vote the opposite way.
This way they can tell certain demographics that they voted for something and show 'proof' of it... They all suck.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Just watched a newscast from a 'neighboring' community, where one of the Council Member seats is being decided between a newcomer and a deceased-incumbent.
The deceased-incumbent's family were being interviewed, and in the end asked - "Why should people come out and vote for [your deceased family member]?" - The response was - "So we - our community - can make history."
So glad to be a part of this charade.

It would seem to me that a dead politician can't really do any damage. Well, unless of course they were irradiated at Fukushima or some either "like" installation.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I didn't vote today.

So hate on me.

I didn't vote today either, I took a nap instead of voting. My wife went to vote though, she chose some of the candidates by the name they had. She said if she doesn't know anything about them she chooses the one with the nicest sounding name.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: beezzer
I didn't vote today.

So hate on me.

I didn't vote today either, I took a nap instead of voting. My wife went to vote though, she chose some of the candidates by the name they had. She said if she doesn't know anything about them she chooses the one with the nicest sounding name.

Wow...just wow...
Tell her to at least flip a coin.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I love voting in my small village. After voting everyone meets at the local bistro, eats chichirones, smokes out in the patio and breaks out the guitars and Gabbanelli's. We know what's important and it's not politics....any excuse to party, even voting, knowing full well nothing is going to change.

nos gusta pachanguear....

edit on 4-11-2014 by olaru12 because: it's code isn't it? %&*IKtrku&^u

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
My biggest peave about it all is they will call races with 1% of the vote in.

And I am sitting here watching the VA 'race' with 66% of the vote in and they are 'saying' too close to call !

Ads have never bothered me.

Never watched them.

They invented TIVO and commercial skip explicitily for tv ads. LOL.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
My biggest peave about it all is they will call races with 1% of the vote in.

And I am sitting here watching the VA 'race' with 66% of the vote in and they are 'saying' too close to call !

That used to bother me until I figured out how they called it. For example, if there's two urban precincts (liberal) and 98 rural precincts (conservative) and the liberal candidate loses heavily in the two urban precincts it's a pretty safe bet the conservative is going to win.

That's a very generalized example, but that's how the 'experts' call races as early as they do.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well, it wouldn't matter if they did tell you what they were going to do if elected, since they're going to lie when they need to anyway and or "change their minds" as soon as they have a clear path.

Frankly, I'll just be happy to see the Democrats lose (hopefully). I know the Republicans are not the good guys but the liberal base is absolutely evil.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't even know how to reply to your post.

Why bother going to vote if you don't know anything about the people running? Does she like the pretty little sticker they give you that much?

Nothing like putting people you have absolutely no idea about in charge of making rules about how your going to live.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
To me the election reminds me of those lemming videos where they ALL join in and jump off the cliff and fall into the ocean, and some bounce off the rocks half way down smiling and happy without any thought.. (only because the whole system is broken).

This is of course both the major parties that have taken over our country and left the civilian population to fend for themselves with no voice, just the echoes of promises made, and never kept.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join