It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola management and help centers in the uk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Pardew presser interrupted by Ebola announcement

The post-match press conference after Newcastle's 2-0 Capital One Cup win at Manchester City was interrupted rudely, and hilariously.

They are treating this as a hilarious technical gaff.

But as far as i know the uk has no ebola management and help centers.

So i take it thats was a rehearsal for a public announcement for the future?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: joho99

Rehearsals tend to take place in private.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
dahell!?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Well...that was strange.

As you say, there aren't any publicized Ebola management centres...perhaps this was read out prematurely, and they are planning for or expecting an outbreak severe enough to warrant these 'management centres'..which begs the question, what is a management centre?

Is that a euphemism for quarantine facility?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

I was wondering how many would they have?

I am presuming it will be on a local level i suppose they could use schools since they normally close them down to slow the spread.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

I'd imagine they would be on Army bases, disused air force buildings etc.

Maybe even a tented town type of affair, surrounded by fences and sensors.

Think schools would be used as a last resort, when and if things got really bad.

Regional centres overseeing smaller, local ones would make sense, the less an infected person has to be transported around, the less chances of accidental contamination.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
.perhaps this was read out prematurely,

The person reading that out obviously did not realise he was being heard publicly.
He was very casual, just reading through the words rather than "announcing" them. He even interrupted himself in the middle to remark (about the phrase he had just used) "he'll never read that".
So this appears to have been a "test reading" of an announcement that somebody else was supposed to make later. Perhaps somebody prone to stumble over words, if "he'll never read that" is any guide.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I was thinking schools because around my area they are surrounded by 12 foot steel fences so easy to contain people once they have entered.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: joho99

I was thinking schools because around my area they are surrounded by 12 foot steel fences so easy to contain people once they have entered.

Could be, who knows.

I thought they'd leave schools out of the picture for now though, because of the sheer numbers of parents who would refuse to allow their kids to return to a school building that was used to house infected and dying people...but as i say, if things got really out of hand, dealing with worried parents after the fact, would be the least of our problems and then any large facility, school, army base, sports centres, stadia and the like would all be used i expect.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Well...that was strange.

As you say, there aren't any publicized Ebola management centres...perhaps this was read out prematurely, and they are planning for or expecting an outbreak severe enough to warrant these 'management centres'..which begs the question, what is a management centre?

Is that a euphemism for quarantine facility?

Here in the States they're known as "FEMA Camps."

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Noticed that myself, he didn't know his mike was live.

He was skimming through the spiel, like a proofreading session obviously meant for someone else to read out later.

Wonder who the 'he' is who would never read that out? One of the sports presenters presumably?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Perhaps those hundreds of thousands of coffin liners are going to get used after all.

eeek.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: joho99
Pardew presser interrupted by Ebola announcement

The post-match press conference after Newcastle's 2-0 Capital One Cup win at Manchester City was interrupted rudely, and hilariously.

They are treating this as a hilarious technical gaff.

But as far as i know the uk has no ebola management and help centers.

So i take it thats was a rehearsal for a public announcement for the future?

This is reminiscent of the EAS debacle in parts of the U.S. a few days ago. I think that was a trial run of sorts for a future Presidential announcement of martial law.

Could the UK have a similar arrangement? It sounded like the guy was reading from a script, but why interrupt the presser for this?

The guy's reaction was hilarious. "Is it over?"

Not by a long shot.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Did the gaff come from the television service or from the same building? Do we know that?
If from another room in the same building, then it could be intended for local use. If they are expecting him to stumble over that phrase, he might be somebody with less experience.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Perhaps those hundreds of thousands of coffin liners are going to get used after all.

eeek.

Most likely. If the US gov't didn't think that Ebola would be an issue here, what's up with the coffin liners? What's up with all the hazmat suits they recently purchased? At least one company that I know of has reserved their stock for gov't use only.

Has the British gov't made similar arrangements?

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune
It sounded like the guy was reading from a script, but why interrupt the presser for this?

Somebody plugged a lead into the wrong place or pressed the wrong switch.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   

To be honest, we Brits are usually more reactive, than proactive.

Our services already have the Hazmat suits and all the rest of the NBC gear, but i doubt there are any startling plans being laid from the government 'Cobra' meeting (like a FEMA group meeting) earlier in July about Ebola.

Mind you, the PM said 'Ebola is a serious threat' then the FoSec said there was 'very little threat'.

So no confusion there then.

Here's the quote:

After telling Sky News before the meeting that Prime Minister David Cameron regarded the disease as a "very serious threat", Mr Hammond afterwards sought to reassure the public that there was little threat.

Sky News

Typical.

edit on 2-11-2014 by MysterX because: typo

new topics

top topics

join