It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about time travel?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
not only are we traveling around the Sun, but we're moving inside the gaLaxy around the center.

our galaxy is also traveling in the general direction of the Virgo Cluster toward The Great Attractor at 1.3 million miles per hour.

This creates a problem in time travel where e'en if you would go into the past from where you are(say 10 years) would you would be in outer-space 114 billion miles from the place you want to be.

So use a craft that can space travel as time travel.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolmaker

You cannot step into the same river twice.

If a Time Machine were built, i believe it could only go in the past to the point in time when it was built, and no further. In other words, you build a time machine in 2004. You can wait until 2008, and travel back to 2004, but cannot go further back. You would already know what point in space you are attempting to travel too.

Forwards in time becomes complex, space and time are intermingled. Time is how we measure the rate at which the earth is flying through space inside the solar system, which is inside the galaxy, which is inside the known Universe. I wonder if time and spatial coordinates would need to be given...if you wanted to go forward 6 hours you would need not only the time, but the actual point in relative space that you would be, at that point in time....interesting

maybe theres a way that u dont have to worry about the exact spot and time u were at. lets say a time machine was created, then maybe someone creates some sort of device or control or something, and builds it into the machine, thus, letting the one traveling back in time, move along w/ the movment of everything else. but i dont think u should worry about being somewhere else in space, because the u, in the past is there, doing what u were doing. but the real u (the time traveler), also wouldnt worry, because, of course, of what i said above. now if u went into the future, i dont think u would have to worry about where u would be, because, the u that should be there, is there because of the machine, so there would onlt be one u. but then again, same for the real u, w/ the moving of the earth and everything else, maybe what i said about the (possible) device that allows u to go where ur going.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
going the exact time time u want to go to might be a problem. lets say u want to go to the past, to a certain time, then, maybe (if this is the way time travel works) u would need, exact, perfect times for every thing, year, month, week, day, hour, minute, second, and mili seconds. that would be some (if u ask me) impossible $h!t. but then, if u go to the future, and u didnt get the exact time of everything of when u left the present, then u would probably be stuck in time, cause u wouldnt be able to get back.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
Naw Shots,

Historically land has averaged 3% a year since the beginning of this country. You could use that figure.

You could Gooooooooooooogle:Time Travel Fund

There must be 20 pages of links (my guess: you don't do too much research before you start accusing people of things. That don't look good on you.)

[edit on 12/17/2004 by bodebliss]

Excuse me I did not accuse you of anything. I asked you a question nothing more.

As for using the interest rate based on Land that is not the way it works.

Interest Rates are set by the Federal Reserve, based on the countries ecconomy. land value has nothing to do with it.

Plan and simple the site is a scam and nothing more. Some idiots may buy their @#$@, but not me. What happens to your money if the site owner dies? What they have for an agreement is not worth the cyberspace it is printed on/in.

Personally I think someone should have them checked out to make sure they have in fact started an Escrow account for time travel. If they do not have one, they could be charged with fraud.

Again I did not say you owned the site, I just asked you if you did, only because you seemed to be pushing the link for others to see.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
From Shots
I wonder if anyone has ever challenged them and asked to see the current balance of those that invested so far?

the site did say that they were working on something where people could view the balance, or something like that...
but then, i just remembered how they said that this area of the site would be for members only, and also said, that if u drop out of the membership, u wouldnt get ur money back. so now, i see what ur saying, and do believe it is a scam.
cause they make a balance thing, and a member looks at it, and there is something worng, something that he/she doesnt like, theyll drop out, but then they wont get their money back. and my guess is, that them saying theyll make this section, theyll be saying it for a while, to put off the members, and so that many more will join. and theyll do this because if others know its a scam (and have been scammed), they would tell as many people as possible, and not many more people would join, meaning, less money for the site owners. so that makes a free ten dollars per person for the site owners. so i guess im proving Shots' point...
but then, if they r scamming (in which i have said i believe that they r in this post), then there is the fact about being chraged for fraud.
My God, i could counter myself again about this, and ive done it once here already...

*typos*
[edit on 17-12-2004 by azdude1804]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
But then again it is Ten Bucks.

I like the fact that the eventual aim is an unbreakable trust.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
baby girl is mysteriously dropped off at an orphanage in Cleveland in 1945. "Jane" (the name given to her by the orphanage.) grows up lonely and dejected, not knowing who her parents are, until one day in 1963 she is strangely attracted to a drifter. She falls in love with him. But just when things are finally looking up for Jane, a serious of disasters occur. First she becomes pregnant by the drifter, who then dissapears. Second, during the complicated delivery, doctors find that Jane has both sets of sex organs, and to save her life they are forced to surgically convert "her" to a "him." Finally a mysterious stranger kidnaps her baby from the delivery room.
Reeling from these disasters, rejected by society, scorned by fate,:he" becomes a drunkerd and drifter. Not only has lost her parents and her lover, but has also lost his only child as well.Years later in 1970, he stumbles into a lonely bar, called Pops Place , and spills out his life story to the elderly bartender. The sympathetic bartender offers the drifter the chance to avenge the stranger who left her pregnant and abandoned, on the condition that he join the "Time Travel Core" . Both of them enter a time machine, and the bartender drops him off in 1963. The drifter is strangely attracted to a young orphan girl, whom subseqeuntly becomes pregnant.
The bartender than goes formard 9 months, kidnaps the baby girl from the hospital, and drops the baby off at an orphanage in 1945. Then the bartender drops off the thoroughly confused drifterin 1985, to enlist in the Time Travel Core. The drifter eventually gets his life together, becomes a respected and elderly member of the TTC , and then disguises himself as a bartender and has his most difficult mission: A date with destiny, meeting a certain drifter at Pop's Place in 1970.

Conseqeuntly if you drew Jane's family tree, all the branches would curl in on themselves, Which shows that Jane is in fact her own Father, Mother and child.

Sorta confusing is'nt it, also do you think this would be considered incest?
Anyways just a little somehting to make your head hurt.

Nox

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The Japanese come up with such "interesting" stories. Haha.

Certainly thought provoking.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

azdude wrote: so i guess im proving Shots' point... but then, if they r scamming (in which i have said i believe that they r in this post), then there is the fact about being charged for fraud.

Ok...but seeing how they are going to come back and retrieve folks in as stealthy a way as possible, and they have millions of years to learn stealthy, unless your in the CLUB you'll never know if it works or not.

[edit on 12/17/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I agree Nox, the Nihojin are very good at story telling and theorizing.

[edit on 12/18/2004 by iori_komei]

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
[edit on 12/18/2004 by iori_komei]

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
there is another good question to be asked (and im sure its just 1 out of many)...
what will happen to all of the money, if something goes wrong, and they arent able to retrieve people from the past?

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Moot Point!

Not only will you have been dead 10,000 years by the time they have tried everything possible, but the founders of this adventure( that is what this is.) will have been dust 10,000 years also.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It was with a great deal of excitement that I discovered that I am a time traveller. So far, I've travelled from 1951 to 2004. In just a few days, I expect to be in 2005! Would you like me to send a post-card?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Azdude,

I wager to bet it will be at least 500 years before they make any significant progress . My real bet is Everlasting Health . The Time Travel Fund is a side bet .

If they can beat the Seven Deadly Things we stand a chance to see the year 10,000 AD w/o time travel.

Bode

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Moot Point!

Not only will you have been dead 10,000 years by the time they have tried everything possible, but the founders of this adventure( that is what this is.) will have been dust 10,000 years also.

sure the founders of this so called adventure would be dust in that many years, but they would have to have someone keep it going, and doing what needs to be done, so that if this time travel thing is successful, they can bring the people back from the past. but if they dont, and just turn into dust, then who in the heck is going to bring people back form the past? so, it still looks like a scam to me

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It will be turned into an irrevocable trust. This will ensure that you have entitlement , but your descendants can't make a claim on the trust's assets in your name. At least, that's how I understand it. This keeps your descendants from changing your desires after your death. The founders are also depending on this working so they can enjoy everlasting health and physical renewal in the distant future. If it fails, they are also out their own $10 and all their efforts to further their goals for them and you. The effort part does not come out of your hide. Even if this does not work, even if the world ends, or the human race ends, it would be nice to think that somewhere some group will be thinking of my benefit till the last second.

Bode

[edit on 12/21/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Let's say they get 1,000,000 people to eventually join the fund. In 500 years, that kind of money could grow to the equivolent of 393,000 quadrillion dollars. That would equal real clout to further the time travel agenda. As you can tell , from the Time Travel Fund site, they already have the fund set up, so that your time travel money is not being mixed with the everyday affairs of the sites operations.

www.timetravelfund.com...

Bode

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It will be turned into an irrevocable trust. This will ensure that you have entitlement , but your descendants can't make a claim on the trust's assets in your name. At least, that's how I understand it. This keeps your descendants from changing your desires after your death. The founders are also depending on this working so they can enjoy everlasting health and physical renewal in the distant future. If it fails, they are also out their own $10 and all their efforts to further their goals for them and you. The effort part does not come out of your hide. Even if this does not work, even if the world ends, or the human race ends, it would be nice to think that somewhere some group will be thinking of my benefit till the last second.

Bode

maybe they r just saying that they put their ten in so that people wont suspect. cause if it was a scam, then they really wouldnt, cause, they r making money, but still, it might not matter whether they do or not, becuase if they r going to be making money, w/ a number that has no name, then it just really doesnt

posted on Dec, 22 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
hey guys, ive just been listening to an interview of al beilek (the guy who worked on the phillidelphia experiment) www.americanantigravity.com he was going on about other experiemnts he had been involved in and one was time travel i urge you guys too take a listen. He talked about a major diesease that would break out and kill millions of people everyday.(starting in 2005)

Also similar things like the 'movie day after tomorrow would occur sometime in the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join