It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think about time travel?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I think that time travel may just only belong to the realm of astral
travel and psychics who can see into the past or the future.
Thoughts have no boundaries. Thoughts could travel faster than
the speed of light.
Time is not physical. So I think that time travel could only happen
with non-physical means.
Maybe some of the entities (like ghosts) that are seen sometimes
are time travelers from the past or the future.

[edit on 13-12-2004 by elaine]

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think unless the multiverse theory is correct then there is no way to travel back in time.

Nox

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
I think unless the multiverse theory is correct then there is no way to travel back in time.

Are you speaking of Tegmark's level 1 multiverse theory?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Matter cannot be created or destroyed right?
Well if you physically went to the future to meet your future self
you have all the original atoms of your body.
What about the atoms of your future body? Are the atoms
duplicated?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
duplicated?

That's a problem with time travel. Odds are that if it happens (and that's a big if), it's not going to be what you see on TV.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Time is matter(mass) shifted 90 degrees out of phase. Just like how the electric and magnetic fields are related. You have to rotate one at the speed of light to get the other. The problem is when you get matter moving at (or close to) the speed of light it's mass increases almost to infinity(actually forming the time field) and any machine that is used to perform this feat can't sustain the added relative mass. The time field created is actually more "distance" being created because time is space. For the purposes of time travel, I'm not sure if that can be done unless a time field (more correctly a distance field) is found to more dynamic than what is currently understood.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nox

Originally posted by Croat56

Are you speaking of Tegmark's level 1 multiverse theory?

Yeah

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Well we have a long way to go here on planet Mirth.

Science is 400 years old. The universe is 12 billion years old. We have allot of catching up to do.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Technically science is retarded 700 years, also science has been around since the ancient greeks so science is really about 2,000 years old, in what we know as history at least.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
There is evidence that if we had kept going from ancient times till now, we would be 2000 years ahead of ourselves . Imagine that!

I say because we are on the leading edge of a wave that will soon be moving foreward at an incredible rate(we might attain 20,000-millions of years of progress this century, and billions of yrs of progress in the next), we could have been living in the virtual year(v.y.) 1 trillion (v.y.)A.D. by now. I can't calculate what that would look like.

Can you?

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to one of the things said, the first actually to my here topic, is that the person thought that time travel could only be possible going forwards. im not really sure about going to the future. cause if u do so, i believe that u would experience something extrordenary (However its spelled). becuase like i said, if u go into the past, and do even the smallest thing to something, it could possibly change the whole future, and my point being, is that u would be seeing the future (where u would be, if traveld there) changing constantly, becuase it does chonge constantly, always and forever.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
and as to madmartinez, maybe if u went back in time, to change something in the past that happend to u, that made u want to crate a time machine, it wouldnt change anything, cause had what u tried to change, did not happen, u wouldnt have made the time machine, and u would still have the time machine, therefore, it wouldnt work. i did get this idea from seomwhere though. but it might be true (if time travel is possible)

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by elaine
duplicated?

i would think if u traveled to the future (which i have said that i dont think u could), u wouldnt see urself there, because the u in the present time, left from it, and went to the future. and if u ran into someone u knew, they might think u had dissapeared from the time u left.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If time travel is even mildly possible and you have the one-time $10 fee(9 goes to keep the site going, 1 goes to your time travel account).

There is a site on the web that will take your ten dollars and name .

Now, in the future when and if time travel become possible, they will come back at the time of your death(so as not to effect history) pick you up and take you into the future make you healthy, wealthy, and young.

They'll have a program to get you up to speed in the year 2500 or 3000 or whatever. You'll probably then live as long as you like in the future.

They have a calculator that will figure out what 1 x 1.05 x 1000 yrs =.
It is in the trillions of dollars. This is a real long shot, but it is the only offer of it's kind I've seen. What an insurance policy,huh!

www.timetravelfund.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss
If time travel is even mildly possible and you have the one-time $10 fee(9 goes to keep the site going, 1 goes to your time travel account).

There is a site on the web that will take your ten dollars and name .

Now, in the future when and if time travel become possible, they will come back at the time of your death(so as not to effect history) pick you up and take you into the future make you healthy, wealthy, and young.

They'll have a program to get you up to speed in the year 2500 or 3000 or whatever. You'll probably then live as long as you like in the future.

They have a calculator that will figure out what 1 x 1.05 x 1000 yrs =.
It is in the trillions of dollars. This is a real long shot, but it is the only offer of it's kind I've seen. What an insurance policy,huh!

how do we know this isnt some kind of scan?
and yes, maybe 10 dollars wont be a lot, but 10 dollars coming from a lot of people, thats a lot of money. u know, 1,000 people is 10,000 dolloars.

[edit on 16-12-2004 by azdude1804]

[edit on 16-12-2004 by azdude1804]

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The way I became aware of them was from talk shows.

I don't think they're illegit, but I also think it is a long shot.

Sometimes I spend that much for gasoline for one day.
I think it's worth a chance. It's a chance no one else would give you.
You give them ten dollars today and tomorrow if your about to be killed they come pick you up, even if it takes them 10,000 years to do it.

[edit on 12/16/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tartessian
First, wormholes are a theory inside a theory, we could call it specuspeculation.

Second, if we were to believe such a far fetched theory, the values involved in withholding the forces that surround all those theories, blackholes , wormholes, and all that nonsense, are enormous!

People don't realize it, the space is BIG.

Making a Dyson Sphere, or Blowing up a Star, or just Shutting a Star off, is EASY compared to going inside a wormhole (assuming it were to exist)

Mankind will be extinct LONG before 0,000001% of that is possible.

And this is considering that such absurd things exist!

All of this talk comes from Relativity and that absurd notion that space and time are the same thing.

Mathematics is a lowsy way to describe reality. Granted its our best shot for now, but it is indeed crappy.

When you get to a certain point in advanced mathematics, the calculations involved are so complex that you can basicly extract any result. Its an Axiomatic trap.

Im sure that something like it will occur, I honestly practice remote viewing, there's alot we don't know, and to say that we won't exist to much longer into the future is mental. Honestly, Im sure that by 2040 we'll have colonies on numerous planets, Im a professional consultant and have had to see some vary amazing things. Things like free energy machines, SEG's, cheap food replacements, and new super computers that will be available in less than a year. Just wait for the excaliber, you'll be amazed.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodebliss

Hey bodebliss let me guess the site is your own right? I wonder how many fools have fallen for that one?

I would dare say that ones odds of winning the lottery are far better then the time travel offer.

I also doubt the percentage is 1 percent if that. All it states is a percentage is put in a bank (yeah right) and if you believe that I have a nice bridge I will sell you.

I wonder if anyone has ever challenged them and asked to see the current balance of those that invested so far?

I do have to admit though the concept of time travel does interest me.
At the very same time I doubt it is possible.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Naw Shots,

I have no connection to those people. The site caught my eye like it did thousands of others when it was on talk shows and Internet news.

Historically land has averaged 3% a year since the beginning of this country. You could use that figure.

As far as anything else about them I know as much as you.

Like I said, it's the only place on Earth that offers a ticket to the future, but only if it's possible.

On the site I read they put $1 in your time travel account.

Wait here it is (from the site):
3. $10 buys you a membership into the Time Travel Fund. Here is what we do with the $10:
$1.00 of each $10.00 membership is put into the investment fund.
$1.00 of each $10.00 membership is put into a maintenance fund, the purpose of which is to insure any future necessary legal fees are covered. This is to protect the integrity of the investment fund itself.
The remaining $8.00 will be used to print and mail your certificate, place and maintain your name and information in our database, and to cover the associated costs of running the website and database.

using their calculator it's: 7 trillion at 3% for 1000 years , and it's 108 quadrillion dollars @4% .

We know so little, it is not possible to count or discount time travel at this point, so here's the catch let's say it is possible to time travel in let's say 1500 years and the time travel fund starts transporting people at the time of their deaths to the future which probably looks like Heaven by then, and they look down their list and see:
Sharky
Shims
Shorty

Shurker

But no Shots.

You could Gooooooooooooogle:Time Travel Fund

There must be 20 pages of links (my guess: you don't do too much research before you start accusing people of things. That don't look good on you.)

[edit on 12/17/2004 by bodebliss]

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I wonder if time and spatial coordinates would need to be given...if you wanted to go forward 6 hours you would need not only the time, but the actual point in relative space that you would be, at that point in time....interesting.....Toolmaker

I've often chatted with friends on this one and this is what I say:
Let's say it is possible...and you want to go back in time 3 days, 6 hours and 20.888 seconds. I ask them "where were you at that moment?" They may say, 'I was at such and such doing such and such... ' Ok.

But where was the earth? is my next question. Because we are currently spinning (ave 1000 mph) and traversing our orbit around the sun at an incredible speed (18� miles per second ). So in the instant that you go back or forward in time, you would end up in outer space without oxygen and die.

Unless of course there was a StarGate
type machine where you have the possibility to only go back to the point of it's creation and possible running into yourself...or doing something which makes you non-existant. Which then leads to how did you go through the machine in the first place?

So, I think that you cannot travers time. But interestingly, time is not the same for all, with respect to speed! Time for an astronaut is slower because he is going faster. Something to think about.
Tuataras third eye!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join