It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in guardian angels or spirit guides or?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hello:

I would like to share a story that happened this week and then was hoping someone would comment on who could have done this? I don't know much about guardian angels or spirit guides, what the difference is between the two, etc.

While in a short vacation at the west coast, I lost my engagement ring. Most likely because I've lost over 20 lbs. in the past three months and didn't realize how loose my rings were. We tore the car rental and hotel room apart trying to find my ring, It was no where to be found. I even put a lost report to hotel front desk and to the airport.

I met with a friend from the area we were visiting and she told me some stories that were just unbelievable and I told her you must have a guardian angel looking out for you.

Few days later we were laying in the bed, and I was telling my husband the stories my friend had told me. I then said I wish I had a guardian angel like Heken.

We both then heard heard a plunk noise, my husband said what was that? I sat up and looked and honest to God, there was my engagement ring laying on the bed!

Cheers
SF

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SanFrancisco1956

Goosebumps all over now.

I wish I had a guardian angel like you....

Thanks for sharing.
edit on 29-10-2014 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
A spirit guide is a guide or many guides that help guide us. They are us just not reincarnated....yet. they have chosen to guide. And guardian angel is not a reincarnated being. They are angel that looks over many.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Either extradimensional beings exist or my subconscious mind is amazing, or maybe a combination of the two. Heck, for all I know we are all just one massive being. There are many people who assert that, but then again, people assert all sorts of things. ;p

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I wish i had a guardian angel too, where she or he would find a good job for me.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of spirit guides or that new age stuff--it is playing with fire. guardian angels on the other hand definitely exist. I should have died a number of times so far in my short 23 years of living. Once, I was in the passenger seat of the car of my friend (who is/was possessed) and we were driving at 75 mph toward a concrete wall on the highway on our way back from getting bag in chicago. i remember looking up and saying turn turn! but there was no way we could have avoided it. then everything was like in slow motion for a second and then all of a sudden we are farther from the wall than we had been nanoseconds previously and still driving at the same speed.

basically, if it is not your time, it is not your time. but if your number's up, then it's curtains

and part of what makes guardian angels a good thing and not something unknown like a spirit guide is that, just like in my instance and in the OP's--they do not communicate but merely do their job. which is always a good thing for the people affected by it.
neat story OP and ty for sharing--i'm glad you found your ring. i know i'd be so upset if i ever lost mine.
edit on 29-10-2014 by rukia because: adding more

originally posted by: Nechash

Either extradimensional beings exist or my subconscious mind is amazing, or maybe a combination of the two. Heck, for all I know we are all just one massive being. There are many people who assert that, but then again, people assert all sorts of things. ;p

^^ glad you brought that up. It took me until just recently to believe that what i've experienced was not just in my head. the only thing that convinced me was others witnessing the same things as me, with me. we are all connected in a way, but not a single consciousness imo--that collective consciousness thing is referring to mushrooms and their connectedness and spirit--which can in turn connect us to the gaian mind or akashic records if we are deemed fit to enter. but now i'm getting off topic xD
edit on 29-10-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sounds like you have had a genuine angelic encounter.

I suspect that your words possibly contained faith which would explain why you had the experience.

First of all, angels are activated by faith. When the children of Israel were crossing Egypt an angel went before them because they believed they were going somewhere.
Transcript

You release your angels by speaking in agreement with the Word of God. You can bind or release angels with your words. If you are always saying things the devil said, then the angels are bound. They will back off and fold their hands; they can’t work for you. They will have to allow things the devil has set against you to come to pass. However, if you will learn to release your angels by the spoken Word, they will rejoice and go to work on your behalf.

The Releasing of Angels PDF

As I was praying one day, the Spirit of God began to share something with me about angels. He said: You have been wanting to know about confession and why it works. You have been practicing the Word and putting it into motion. You have been saying what My Word says. Now I am going to share with you why it works.

One reason the words you speak are so important is because the angels are listening to what you say. People think I tell the angels what to do; but most of the time you are the one who gives them their assignment. I designed them as ministering spirits. They stand beside you daily, listening to the words that come out of your mouth. If your words are in line with my Word, then the angels go to work immediately, causing the things you speak to come to pass.

But if you speak things that are contrary to My Word, you won’t’ get an audience with angels. They won’t operate on those words. Words spoken contrary to My Word will bind the angels. They will back off, fold their hands, and bow their heads. They are bound. They are designed as ministering spirits to minister for you. They listen to your voice, to your words. My Word is My will for man. You should always speak in line with My Word in order for My will to come to pass in your life. Man was designed to speak truth, to speak his will. Angels PDF

I was reading your web site, and wanted to share this photo of a ANGEL WITH MY SON. This picture was taken the afternoon before my son was to have surgery, at the time of the picture being taken, prayers were being said for his safe recovery, the photo has been tested for 2 years by photograph professionals, and churches, and has been found to be 100% real. my son is healthy and strong now thanks to this powerful servant of GOD.

Real Miracles and Angels visits

Angels Rescue Car Crash Victims From Certain Death

Lisa: “I was upside down and the seatbelt I kept trying to release it, but it wouldn't release.”

Cody: “When I reached out, we grabbed each other’s hands. There was another set of hands that grabbed our hands.”

Lisa: “As I saw Cody’s hands, I saw a set of white hands around his. As he started pulling me through, it was just a burst of white light.”

Cody: “Before I knew it we were both outside the vehicle.”

Cheri, who had been standing next to the SUV, witnessed the whole thing.

Cheri: “God sent an angel to pull Lisa out of that car! I saw this bright white light and then I saw these hands reach past me, where there was no room and they grabbed a hold of Cody's hands and Lisa's hands. And all of a sudden it was like boop! Cody and Lisa were on the grass next to me.”

Lisa: “It could only be God’s angels pulling you through there.”

But the worst was far from over. A few feet away, Anthony lay unconscious, with no way to escape the fire consuming his car.

Cheri: “There was this huge explosion and the flames just completely rolled over the car and over Anthony, just consumed it in the black rolling flames. And I just screamed. I said 'God send your angels now!'”

At that moment, another eyewitness saw a second miracle unfold.

Theresa: “I was just crying out, ‘God, You’ve got to help this man! You've got to help this man!’ And he seemed to just emerge through the door and he just kind of floated out on the ground. So I believe God sent supernatural angels here to get him out of that vehicle.”

Even though Anthony lost consciousness during the accident, he says there’s no doubt who rescued him from the fiery crash.

Everyone should read the book "Angels on Assignment" (Google it).

Angel Encounters 19 Videos

Angel Encounters 15 Videos

edit on 29-10-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rukia

Actually gaurdian angels do communicate. Ask and you shall recieve. She asked for one like her friend and got her reply. More times than not the communication is rather subtle so to speak.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I do believe in angels and guardian angels. In my life I went through some experiences that could sustain that. But the last one, it was not an experience, it was a dream. In my dream i saw little children like 4 to 7/8 years old and then i heard a clear voice saying to me, this are my angels... it was so amazing that i woke up...wow..
edit on 29/10/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I have walked away without a scratch from situations that could have been much worse. I was a passenger in a car accident, it was a station wagon. It ran off the road into a ditch and flipped several times. I flew out the back hatch and slid on wet grass. I checked myself for injuries. It was hard to tell if I was bleeding because it was dark and raining.
I had no injuries at all. The driver had busted ribs, a broken collarbone, and a busted up face.
If that was a guardian angel I give them my thanks.
If it was just luck, then I'll take luck over being good any day.
There have been a few incidents that could have been really bad that I walked away from unscathed.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Wow!

Now that is an awesome story!

You got your wish!

A guardian angel is a divine protector where as
a spirit guide is a spirit that has been "assigned" to you as a mentor,teacher of a skill, and life path guider.
They are different, although they kind of act in the same fashions a lot of the time.
But labels are just labels, and who knows really, they could kind of be the same thing.

Sounds like yours is very active and glad you are now aware it is there.
Kind of like you asked for proof, cause of your friends experience, and not only did you get proof,
but your own first contact with something "higher".

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: finitydream
a reply to: rukia

Actually gaurdian angels do communicate. Ask and you shall recieve. She asked for one like her friend and got her reply. More times than not the communication is rather subtle so to speak.

good point. I was meaning more of actively engaging in conversation. youre right tho, forgot about that

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
..how come these stories tend to involve rings and/or lotto tickets?
(i can kind of understand some symbolism/meaning there with rings?)
but this stuff is never about *being lost in the desert & simply being led to water*
(..if you know what i'm getting at there)

the "spirit guides" i've (uhh?) encountered seem like playful children at best and/or malevolent imps at worst?

something just doesn't seem kosher about all this stuff, that's all i can type for now

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Just wanted to share a very strange and personal experience that happened to me a few years ago.

Having moved away from my home town,and leaving my friends and family behind to look for work,i set off to start a new life for myself.
However after a couple of years,things started to look pretty bleak.Bills were mounting up,my wages were'nt as good as i had hoped they would be,and because of the distance i had relocated to find work,i was finding myself more and more isolated from friends and family.
Thats when the depression set in.

After a particularly hard and emotional day,(a group of my fiends had decided to travel 150+ miles to visit and when they left i closed the door and slumped to the floor and burst into tears),and being to proud to ask my family for help,i decided i would take my own life.

That night i went to my bedroom and cried like i had never cried before,i mean i was literally screaming for my Mum and Dad,hoping that they might hear me,and yet i was still too proud to pick up the phone.I set out the pills that i was going to take on my bedside table,said goodnight to my cat,(who was curled up at the foot of the bed,and said to myself,"I will try and get a nights sleep,but if i still felt the same way in the morning,i would scoop the whole amount of pills down my throat"
.Anyway,i somehow managed to drift into sleep.

It was around 1am when i was awoken by the noise of my cat growling.
I was lying on my side in a feotal position and i turned my head when suddenly the cat screamed and shot about 4 feet straight up in the air,and ran downstairs.It was straight after that i felt a weight settle on the bed ,which then curled in behind me in the same feotal position as i was lying.

I was paralysed with fear,and no matter how much i wanted to turn over and see who was lying behind me,i was just too scared to do it.
Then the contact began.

I moved my feet,and to my horror i felt another pair of feet curled under mine.Then a hand came from out of the corner of my vision,sort of over my shoulder,and held me across my chest and another hand came from below my pillow and held me across my chest also.The temperature plummeted,i had never felt cold like it,(especially not in a slept in bed equipped with an electric blanket)!It was so cold i was having trouble breathing and my teeth were chattering.

After about 10 seconds of extreme cold,the temperature started to rise again and i was able to regain some composure.I looked at the hands that were holding me across the chest and noticed that they were like an old womans hands,wrinkled and with age spots.I could hear breathing as well,like asthmatic breathing and a smell which reminded me of my paternal Grandmothers asthma medication,(a powder which was burned on the top of the tin,and the vapours then inhaled.Obviously before the advent of inhalers).

I still had the urge to turn over to see who was holding me,but i felt so warm,comfortable and secure that i just thought,"Well,atleast someone is looking after me,i don't need to see who it is",and just drifted back too sleep.

Next morning i woke up feeling refreshed and energised,yet with the previous nights events still fresh in my mind.I looked at the pills on the bedside table,scooped them up,took them downstairs and flushed them down the toilet.I then checked the cat and she seemed fine.

That night i went for a drink with some work colleagues,where i met a girl who i am happy to say has now been my wife for the last 13 years.We have two great kids and life seems pretty good right now.

Everyday problems still crop up,but i now feel that i can handle things much better thanks to my experience with my "guardian angel".
After all, she saved my life!
edit on 30-10-2014 by scobro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: UNIT76
..how come these stories tend to involve rings and/or lotto tickets?
(i can kind of understand some symbolism/meaning there with rings?)
but this stuff is never about *being lost in the desert & simply being led to water*
(..if you know what i'm getting at there)

the "spirit guides" i've (uhh?) encountered seem like playful children at best and/or malevolent imps at worst?

something just doesn't seem kosher about all this stuff, that's all i can type for now

Chances are those are celestrial beings. Celestrial beings can either help or hinder, their choice. I think it's case of theirs more little moments in life than life altering.

But heres one i didn't have my seatbelt on just prior to a car accident. I had an over welming compultion that i had to quickly buckle. I did and moments later we were in a bad pile up.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
To be honest, this is the first time I was ever made aware that I might have someone looking out for me. As for the comment about using one to get lottery numbers, anything within the paranormal field that involves what could be considered greed usually backfires or does not work. I have also been told that using "gifts" that way can end up with you losing your gifts. I was given something back that already belonged to me, it would be different if I had asked for a diamond ring, rather than work for the funds to buy one. Just my thoughts on this, I could be wrong but it is what I deeply feel.
Cheers
SF
reply to: Wifibrains

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Greed thats utimately the undoing. Using gifts etc. More for self benefit than for others is what ruins.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
EVERYONE HAS, AND GAVE THEM RESPECT BY YOUR HEART, EVEN BAD WILL HELP YOU IF YOU GAVE THEM TRUE RESPECT

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
in my world view about spirit guides, guardian angles...

the Spirit Guides are not intelligent beings but rather a orb or sphere of energy-power which energizes a field around a person...the power it has is to alter-&- transcend your Karmic path, energize the time-space continuum bubble you have confined (enveloped) yourself into.. iow a 're-boot' in your life timeline and your psyche/mental quotient (like an IQ scale of development)
SG's are generated by Mother Earth/the Creator and are free roaming, invisible and are attracted to undefined mental states of people in their course of normal living...some Epiphany moments are the result of one of these Spirit Guides

as for Guardian Angels, they are other dimensional beings... appearing as winged human forms to quell our adverse reaction to odd looking Alien beings
those GA's can intervene in our physical world on occasion...for instance the OP ring dropping on the bed from nowhere!

Beware of self-aware beings not of this Earthly plane/sphere of reality... it's a 50-50 chance they are 'good intentioned' & not just tricksters
edit on th30141536864907572014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th30141536916807062014 by St Udio because: 2 woids

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I think your spirit guide wanted to let you know that she is just as good as Heken's .

Thanks for sharing your experience.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join