It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stil unsure of it is a hoax or not.. (gravity control technology)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by shbaz

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Well if this is a real venture which it now seems it is, I will hereby stake my reputation that this will change everyones lives within 20 years.

Wow, your whole reputation? That's worth a lot in the anonymous world of the internet where anyone can pose as anyone with no repercussions. I'll have to write this down so I can get back to you if it turns out not to be true.

I know it doesnt mean much really, but by the time we'l know whether this comes to anything, hopefully by then i'll be an established member here, thus my statement just allowed people to rub my nose in it/eat my words etc , if the company says the theories were wrong.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
i wouldn't doubt if its true, but not sure to their extent, for a while there have been strang predictions and buildings.

This isn't the exact same thing, but if you research Brown Effect (1952-1953 Disk Experiment) it will yield some interesting stuff.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
this is all based on a theory that was abolished like 100 years ago because its wrong. The theory based on space being a thing called "ether", where light travelles in waves, which is false. light is very complex and travels in both waves and particles

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thought id give a heads up to people interested, GCT have updated their G1 unmmaned prototype page. Gives some good details of it too, not looking like a buncha nuts now eh?!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
in their defence all i want to say is Tesla was considered a nut as well

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Only time will tell if this thing is real. Sooner or later its gonna happen. I can't begin to imagine the possibilities anti-gravity will have on our daily lives. I hope to see flying cars such as in The Fifth Element movie type in my foreseable future.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 954speeder
Only time will tell if this thing is real. Sooner or later its gonna happen. I can't begin to imagine the possibilities anti-gravity will have on our daily lives. I hope to see flying cars such as in The Fifth Element movie type in my foreseable future.

As long as certain people are in power general population will not see something like this.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't know. Superconductors are exotic, and I am sure there are many uses for them. But when we are talking about gravity, this is uncharted territory.

The pictures are pretty but vague when it comes to the MOP (Modus Operandi). There are few if any equations to study, and I believe it is an artistic rendering of an intutitive leap. It looks mostly right brain.

I saw a hint of hope with the armature in the heart of the machine. It looks like it is based on the Searl device.

Overall it is a beautiful work, and spaceship design is a high art which prompts the seeking mind to dream. However, nitty gritty nuts and bolts, math, and a history of testing is what will make it work and I don't see too much of that.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Why aren't they selling to the US government? Why? If you had within your hands the next generation of propulsion systems being built in your laboratory, why would you not be selling them to the world's greatest purchaser: The US government?

Why?
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
v

Quack Attack! That's why!!!

apc

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Wow thanks for bringing this thread back to life I never would have known about it otherwise.

Im overjoyed that these GCT guys are out there doin there thang. It's about time someone actually put the right minds together to experiment with the technologies modern day physics is predicting to be possible. If I had a ton of money to spare, I'd give it to them.

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I still don't think so highly of it. In hindsight, Byrd's post looks even better.

It's a tough field to try and get somewhere in, but hey, that's science.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Well, theoretically, anti-gravity systems are possible. There's many theories on this, but the most commonly accepted one is repelling from existing gravity sources such as the Earth, other planets, stars, etc. This has been shown to be possible with the use of paramagnetic energy. This is the type of electromagnetism that has suspended several items including a copper disk and even a live frog.

Another theory of a possible anti-gravity system is by creating an artificial external magnetic field from which an internal magnetic force can repel from. This would also be a precursor technology to space warping/folding drives.

Both of these theories are possible, however, it's the technology required to utilize them that remains in question.

I've been doing a great deal of research with electromagnetics in hopes of finding both a working anti-gravity propulsion system and a gravity generator that could be used onboard spacefaring ships, without the need for rotation (which can be very energy consuming). As yet, I have a few untested theories for gravity generation, and have been experimenting a bit along the lines of the afore mentioned theories regarding anti-gravity. As yet, results have been tenuous at best.

Anyway, while I'm rambling, I have a question to pose to the other physics geeks in here. Anyone have any knowledge of the interaction between electromagnetic fields and the human body, specifically in regards to phasing an electromagnetic field so that it's in tune with the body's natural electrical fields, thereby magnetizing humans, and holding them to a surface (this is all in regards to a theory I have regarding artificial gravity generation, that, if it's not harmful, could prove highly useful, especially in space travel).

I'm not sure if this site is a hoax or not. I will further investigate when I have more time, and am more sober.

apc

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I still don't think so highly of it. In hindsight, Byrd's post looks even better.

It's a tough field to try and get somewhere in, but hey, that's science.

I wouldn't dismiss their ideas so quickly. They do not claim to have a working model or prototype, and they make it very clear they only have proof of concept work, which essentially means the math comes out OK. They have many shortcomings, namely there is no power source available to supply the energy needs proposed by the technology, nor is the theory of Zero Point Field, as a proposal for unification, anywhere near complete.
It is interesting to note that ZPF and String Theory both seem to be describing the same thing, just in different ways. Both also allow for gravity/anti-gravity generation. You will find physicists on both sides who say the other is way off, but I believe they are both key to truely realizing unification. Just as we were perplexed by the duality of light, we are today perplexed by the predictions of theoretical physics.
To say these are uncharted waters in an understatement. The knowledge yet to be gained is unimaginable. The technology these avenues show possible defies our common understanding of reality, and are naturally going to be rejected by the mainstream until 'touch it with your hand and watch it fly' proof has been created. It isn't going to happen soon, as so much is yet to be discovered to make the technology possible, but we are getting very close.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
To say these are uncharted waters in an understatement. The knowledge yet to be gained is unimaginable. The technology these avenues show possible defies our common understanding of reality, and are naturally going to be rejected by the mainstream until 'touch it with your hand and watch it fly' proof has been created. It isn't going to happen soon, as so much is yet to be discovered to make the technology possible, but we are getting very close.

I sure as hell hope I didn't say it's not worth it.

I don't think it's realistic, especially at this point, and I think the site overflowing with crap, but if they get the work done on this sort of thing, and carry through with it, that'd be fantastic. If they honestly, as scientists, devote time and energy (haha, no pun intended) to this project only to fail utterly, it would be a huge success. As you implied, any work done would be fantastic, and I couldn't agree more.

The site does imply" touch it and watch it" which poses a problem when you can't.

apc

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   

... devote time and energy (haha, no pun intended) ...

LOL I like that

Agreed the site could stand to be a little less Outer Limity and a little more 'Here's an equation. Spare some change?' but who knows what their! motivation is for the site design. Could have been the sole creation of some rather imaginative graphic design guy that was brought in.

But, if I were to writeup a page on the implied technologies behind graviton propulsion, fully illustrated, I would imagine it would experience the same degree of doubt and criticism.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by apc]

xu

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
this post is linked from the GCT website, the guy values the variety of your opinions on this post;

www.gctspace.com...

apc

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Yeah it seemed they were a bit frustrated with the lack of public recognition in general, so I wrote them that so they could see what has and is being said about them, here anyway. Didn't think they would blog it but oh well, it looks to have helped improve their outlook on the matter.
>yeah thats a lie I totally knew they would blog it. My 15min with a 'crackpot'

[edit on 13-5-2005 by apc]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Kinda ruins it for them to find us talking about them talking about us, eh?

Hi Guys!

Anyway apc, you're right about the publicity, and the email was nice, but it's very hard to get recognition for this sort of thing. Your average Joe knows nothing except that he can't float yet, and your less-than average Bob is even more skeptical, so it's very tough.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow interesting find. There are many pictures and theories on the site. But something makes me feel that its just a hoax...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
So what will it be GCT? WHEN will I be able to put on my Burmuda shorts and Hawaiian shirt and go for a stroll on a distant world?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join