It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stil unsure of it is a hoax or not.. (gravity control technology)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
supposebly first generation craft images posted on its site.
its computer rendered thats for sure stil its unclear if its not a hoax.
also the site is being update the coming 6 months.

for the images click on the link beneath.

www.gctspace.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
anything with pictures that pretty MUST be right!

i dunno, ill have to read the theory, but thats for tomorrow. i remain (highly) skeptical. gravity control sounds totally bogus.

[edit on 12/9/2004 by Amorymeltzer]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I hope its true cause there are so many applications for anti gravity stuff, space travel, regular flight travel, elevaters, hospital stretchers, short people who want to dunk....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
hmmmm
I read the Q&A section (in additon to quite a bit of the rest of the site....really). Some of the theory seems sound, but I'd need to know exactly what the experiments that yielded the results were. Since they seem to need to do much more testing, I'd say it's way too early to say one way or the other if this is real or just fantasy.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
1) The 99% pix on the site are CAD drawings, even for what is supposed to represent a shot of their office building. Don't you think this is strange?

2) Assuming Sakharov's work is public, which I think it is, lack of complete argument for the interaction of particle with zero field is amazing.

3) There is at least one gross inaccuracy (I didn't bother to check all) in the physics they describe -- that it takes a large amount of energy to split a plutonium nucleus. This is simply untrue. Heavy elements even undergo a spontaneous fission. In reactors in bombs, they only require a small nudge.

So looks like these two gentlemen are quite ignorant.

I'm very sure the whole thing is a hoax.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thats right. Last year I read that if you have enough of one isotope in a location, they will start fission all by themselves. And something like Plutonium is highly unstable.

Regarding the site in general:
If they were really capable of Anti-Gravity, why hasn't it gotten any press? I'm sure the public would love to hear about such things. And if its for gov't use only, why would it be on a public website?

[edit on 12/9/04 by TJ11240]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Just read the whole site, from my knowledge of chemistry (alevel) their theories are sound (re-read Aelita, they actually mentioned that plutonium does spontaneously split) .That excites me, because the theories on the quantum energy state and physics have been around awhile now, but as yet most scientists have seemed to ignore them. This has enormous potential for mankind if this whole company is true, communications, limitless energy, space travel (for you and I). And if this is the real deal, remember the day you saw this, I know I will.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
At of all the things i read on this site this is the thing i think I believe most, i did a quick search on "Dr. Loretta Scott" from the about page and came up with a scientist who won all these awards and stuff. Defiantly looks la-git to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
There's a REALLY damning review of them (basically dismissing them as crackpot theorists with an idea and no product.):
www.space.com...

Let me quote you a few choice quotes:

"In light of the novel and untried technology you propose, the Committee has a concern of the credibility of this technology. The X Prize Foundation strongly encourages the use of all technologies for the X Prize competition. However, over the past years, we�ve been besieged by a variety of groups making technological claims that weren�t real," explains Ken Davidian, Director of Operations for the St. Louis, Missouri-based X Prize Foundation, in the letter to GCT.

Like, say, our famous hoaxer "Dr. Judah Ben-Hur" who also had some sort of marvelous technology and was aligned with the Department of Homeland Security and was a former director of HAARP? (for the newbies, "Dr. Ben-Hur" is someone who bought a degree from one of those spammer universities and his credentials are made up.)

"We will be happy to reconsider your application when provided with evidence of the feasibility of your proposed technology. We strongly encourage GCT to continue with its research and keep us posted as developments warrant our attention," the letter states

Translation: A buncha engineers, pilots, and scientists reviewed your proposal, yobbo, and it's fuller of fruitcakes than your average Christmas gift shop.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I think I would of done the same thing, if I was in charge of the X-Prize. They state that they wont have one flying until 2012 and they dont want money or to attract a lot of atention (because if it all fails they wont look like idiots, hence no names, pics, or location).

I think its all Bogus!

Plus ther mentioned on American Antigravity, and I dont believe anything that site says.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Murcielago]

Nox

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well done, Byrd.

I thought it was bullcrap when I saw the thread, but didn't want to comment because they literally put almost no objective data on that site, so I couldn't really prove them wrong (was too afraid of losing credibility
).

After all, I'm no chemist, so I'm quite weak when it comes to superconductivity.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Actually, no, Byrd didn't do anything to ruin their credibility. All Byrd did was show that the X-prize commission was unopen to exotic technologies. It all depends on what you are looking for, if you don't want to change the status quo you certainly wouldn't promote anything but fossil fuel based space travel. So that is why some of the companies are looking forward to the upcoming bigelow prize, because it doesn't require such stringent regulations. If you want to believe that they are full of sh*t be my guest, I myself applaud them for actually trying something different.

Nox

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I too want people to try something different.

but I think most engineers and scientists would consider this not just "something different."

Countering gravity is Godly. It's on the same level of ridiculousness as time travel.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I can understand some skeptism, but to totally dismiss it because it is currently unaccepted by the mainstream scientific community is ridiculous. Is trying to conquer gravity any more daring than trying to harness the energy of the sun(fusion)? Besides what many propose isn't necessarily "anti-gravity", but more along the lines of an artificial gravity field. The reasoning some people use today to dismiss the advent of this technology is similiar to reasoning at the beginning of the century when people said that nothing could ever fly? What are those people to say today?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I didn't get the impression that they were calling them a hoax, or totally dismissing them, just disallowing their submission to maintain a standard on other submissions.

While I'm unsure that what they purpose is fesible, I don't think they're a hoax. Maybe a little over-confident.

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but the most credible list of research into these sorts of things that I've found can be found at NASA Breakthrough Propulsion Physics (BPP) Project Public Information Site.

www.lerc.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If you're interested in this, you should read "The Hunt For Zero Point" by Nick Cook.

Nox

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I know research going on (serious research) on how we can travel up to the speed of light in outer space.

I read some of the research, and it presented more objective data than this "cancelling gravity" ordeal. I'll see if I can't dig it up.

The thing about comparing "anti-gravitons" with "flying" and "fusion" is that even before they were available, man had theories about how we'd go about "flying" or harnessing nuclear fusion.

Before nuclear fusion became practiced (hydrogen bomb), Einstein's theory relating E=mc^2 had been studied and tested.

Before flying and aerodynames became practiced, numerous engineers designed flying machines (as ridiculous as some of them were).

Right now, we don't even have theories that allow for anti-gravitons. Can anyone name any theory we have that allows for these hypothetical phenomena?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well if this is a real venture which it now seems it is, I will hereby stake my reputation that this will change everyones lives within 20 years. For all the naysayers like byrd etc, im confident that their confident enough about their theories and preliminary experiments to fund and build a whole labratory, that they must have a pretty strong belief this will work.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well firstly this site is NOT a hoax, it may give that impression because of the Saucer shaped craft but the radio interviews ive listened to of the main scientist behind GCTspace gives a lot of detail and credit to the site. First of all Victor Rozney makes sure not to use the term "anti-gravity" as this is not their aim, their work is derived from Podkeltnov's super conducting experiments in cancelling and controlling gravity. The site is merely there to give investors the vision behind their theory. I�m a member of the GCT group and they are currently looking for funding for their organisation. Victor Rozney also states in his audio interviews that there is a possibility that there experiments may not work and controlling gravity through superconductivity may not be possible, but the implications of the results are so massive that they want to find out.
Through all the futuristic gravity control sites, this one in my opinion is the most credible, as Victor Rozney states in all his interviews that there is a possibility that all the therioies could be wrong.
Go to:

www.thespaceshow.com...

www.americanantigravity.com...

[edit on 11-12-2004 by rufi0o]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by picard_is_actually_a_grey
Well if this is a real venture which it now seems it is, I will hereby stake my reputation that this will change everyones lives within 20 years.

Wow, your whole reputation? That's worth a lot in the anonymous world of the internet where anyone can pose as anyone with no repercussions. I'll have to write this down so I can get back to you if it turns out not to be true.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join