It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a creepy happening , what do you think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
ive been wanting to tell this story for a while now so here goes

my grandmother died last year . she was a wonderful woman who had see many things . born in 1926 and leaving us last year. she was notorious ocd and everything in her house was organized and listed in on her yellow note pads. important stuff was relegated to the safe that no power in heaven or earth could move. a safe that was well in excess of 700lbs containing all important documents and heirlooms of the family. the safe was emptied upon her death by my two aunts who recieved the combination . these heirlooms included her grandfathers mason pin and ring (which i knew nothing about)

so after her death two of my aunts, my mother and me were going through things . picking out stuff that we thought would remind us of her . my aunts and i were looking through a boat my grandmother had up things from her grandfather . it wasnt much . some pocket knives, old fold out rulers , really it wasnt much. it all fit into a small decorative boat no bigger than a foot and a half long and maybe 5 inches wide .

we piddled through it, my aunts telling stories the whole time. after a few minutes we walked away on to other things. an hour or so passes and my mom and aunts left to do paper work (this was less that 24 hours after the passing and my aunts were the trusties of my moms inheritance as my mom is on ss)

im alone in the house looking for small things to keep in remembrance of the passing of my last gandparent and decided i was going to grab a pocket knife of my great great grandfather, these were important enough for her to keep and i wasnt gonna let them all go to the sale. so i go back to the boat and start digging through the old knives and such in search of one or two that were still in good shape

and then something falls , something so small i almost didnt notice it, so small i almost couldnt grab it from the back corner of the boat, but i got it. it was a small pin. i knew by the symbols it was mason related but i had no idea who it belonged to or where it had come from. me and the aunts were looking through this stuff not but an hour or two ago. i put it in my pocket and continued on picking out knives thinking i would ask my aunts and mother when they got back.

not long after my mother shows up. they had finished at the lawyers and my aunts were on the way to the funeral home to finalize arrangements. i reached into my pocket and pulled out the pin asking my mom if she knew anything about it. her eyes went wide.yes she said
it was your great great grandfathers . your grandmother kept it with his ring in the safe. only we knew about them both and it was in the things your aunts left with. she added "your grandmother would never have separated them, where did you find this?"

i retold the story .

she was speechless. so was i . she swears up and down that it was in the safe when my aunts emptied it . my aunts have never to this day mentioned it missing, although admittedly i havent seem them since the funeral. only my mother and i know its whereabouts now.

it still gives me chills. i thought when i found it it was like it fell out of thin air. it should have been found when we were all looking through the stuff earlier. i did nothing we hadnt done earlier in the day .

i still wear it with pride

edit on pm1020143111America/ChicagoTue, 28 Oct 2014 23:57:19 -0500_10u by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

Quite interesting.

Do you know what any of the symbols on it mean or what the pin means?

I've had ghosts move objects on me, even made something vanish for an extended period of time.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Aw too me it sounds like your grandparents want you to have it!!! I have heard of things like this happening so much.

My grandfather was born in 1926 too and passed away earlier this year, it was so hard, I feel your pain..
That pi manifesting like that is definitely a sign from the other side in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
thanks for the photo

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

no clue to the meaning. i never got ask my grandmother and my mom knew little except it was kept with his ring in the safe

aunts, as far as i know, didnt know about it either and didnt learn about the ring until after the death

a reply to: Shana91aus

i have also heard stories but this was my first experience with something like this. i still dont know what to think lol

a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

Creepy. I was just photoing it

eta including taking the pic .uploading. posting

you posted that at the time i was taking photo....i think its tiime for bed

edit on am1020143104America/ChicagoWed, 29 Oct 2014 04:11:22 -0500_10000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

a creepy happening , what do you think?

Coincidentally just before reading your post I was reading
another story about a masonic pin, now that is just creepy !

There, he said, a man approached and tried to put a curse on him. "[He] kept trying to put something in my hand but wouldn't show it to me. I kept opening my hand. It was a Freemason pin. I wouldn't touch it," Brea said. Felt like Neo from 'The Matrix'

1/2 way down :
source

creepy indeed

edit on 29/10/14 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

"It's a powerful sword," he said.

now i know he was taking about the sword he stole but still

creepy gets creepier

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Yes, your grandfather wants you to have the ring.
Spirits can manipulate, or move solid objects (nothing is really solid) through time-space. I learned that fact when my ring setting disappeared then reappeared three months later in a completely different place... right in front of my eyes!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

my Grandmother (My mom's Mom) died at home, Heart failure, Years back. My wife and I took on the task of preparing her house for sale and her personal effect for an estate sale. If was a big job no one else was up to it especially Mom who discovered her dead in the hallway.

My Grandmother had wanted Mom to have an old diamond ring which was a family heirloom but it had been lost for years before her death.

So here is the part that still touches me today.

My wife and I had located a large trash can in the middle of the house for throwing away junk.

I mentioned out loud in Grandma's house that day to keep an eye open under furniture in drawers ect. for this ring. How important it was to my mom, how it was missing.

No more than the time it took me to walk to the trash can with some stuff to throw in there did I see THE EXACT RING I WAS TALKING ABOUT perched on top of a wad of newspaper in that trash can. Like it had intentionally been placed there.

My wife was clear on the other side of the house in the kitchen. No where near this can. I had shouted the "be on the look out" statement to her from across the house.

This spectacular find along with assorted thumps and bumps from the walls during certain stories I told about my grandmother and me made me realize she was very much involved in the same clean up activities we were!

edit on 29-10-2014 by grubblesnert because: spellin' always about the speling, splelling, spelling!

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
My parents bought a old country cottage that was in need of renovation. It had only been used as a summer holiday home by a Parisian family. There were no carpets, the two bedrooms had plastic sheets under the old metal frame beds, the wallpaper was peeling off, there wasn't even an electric cooker, just a gas bottle powered cooker. The largest room upstairs didn't even have a ceiling, just wall insulation packed between the rafters.

While I was exploring what was going to be the future bathroom, I had a feeling that there was something hidden one of the large roof beams (those solid beams that form the V shape of the roof). Reaching up into the space between the wall and the beam, I pulled out a small religious statue. To this day, I don't know why I found it.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Wow , that Is one of the best stories I have heard in a long while

Magical I suppose but still creepy , and perfect for Halloween !

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

ty (i assume yo are speaking to my story and not the other excellent stories

you know i didnt even put the Halloween thing together with this. just thought it was time.

i dont celebrate holidays so stuff like that tends to just pass me by. hell i dont know what day it is most of the time

btw does anyone know anything about the pin?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
(..sometimes less is more?)
..i like how the word "CREEPY" was used to describe all this

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: UNIT76

anytime i get chills when thinking about something its creepy

when pryingopen3rdeye said thanks for the pic

well that was creepy to the nth degree for me

when i read his post right above mine it was a wtf moment

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Yes I was of course , The pins and ring have been around a long time.
I would say It is a sign that is meant to tell you that your grandmother is ok and reunited with her great grand father.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2

Thanks for sharing, OP. My mother died with Alzheimers some years ago, she never recognized me (in fact she "fired" me as the "worst au pair she had ever had"!) Just before she died she said something very odd, "!I've lost my last marble".

I took over the huge old flat she lived in, cleaned & cleansed it & moved into one of the bedrooms. One afternoon there was a thud, & out of nowhere a big marble rolled across the floor towards me. There was not much furniture in the room & no place a marble could have been. I thanked her for it out loud, & put it on the mantel above the fireplace.

I no longer have it, I have moved houses & continents since then. The so-called dead are very much alive!

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
yeah, i agree--sounds like your gparents want you to have the ring! perhaps mention it to your aunt though. it would be interesting if she also had a ring lol but at any rate imo since it was bequeathed to her, it would be best to mention it. i'm sure she'd allow you to keep it since you cherish it though. i was just thinking that if it were me in your aunts shoes, maybe thinking that i'd lost a family heirloom, i'd be really grateful to hear that i had not and that it was safe and still in the family

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

S&F for sharing your experience with so many people. Some go through their entire lives wishing for an experience like this with a lost loved one. There was obviously something about YOU that she felt was worthy of the thing that kept her glued to this world, the thing she had cherished the most in her life. Something you had no idea existed! Of all the beings that she'd known in her 88 years here she chose you to release it to.

I find this so moving. Unfortunately, I do not know anything about the meanings behind the pin. But am very interested to know. I can't really tell what it is exactly that the sword is going through. It looks like horns to me. It also looks like it may date back to maybe the 1600's. I could be wrong.
edit on 1-11-2014 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2014 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It's called an apport, and I've experienced a few of these in my life - one especially significant and undeniable that occurred recently. I have a theory concerning how these occur, but the main take-away is that if you're blessed with such an event, respect the effort behind it and treasure the item. Regardless of why, your loved one had to go way out of their way to give it to you, so it's important to them that you have it and keep it.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Good info. Never heard of this

Looking into it now.

Ty sir

a reply to: NorEaster

top topics

<<   2 >>

join