It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spervolcano did not cause neandrethals end.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
40,ooo yras ago Europe had a supervolcano flare up......this was assumed to be the cause of the demise of the neandrethals in Europe.....
Recent research tens to negate that conclusion now........

www.theweathernetwork.com...

Personally, I think Homo Sapiens ate them........

edit on 27-10-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling
No, the volcano did not kill off the Neanderthal, as at the time it blew there was a neanderhal population thousands of miles away to the east.
It did, however, cause them to move away in some cases, but seeing as how there are still hsn groups living in Gibraltar, Italy and greece some 10-20k after the volcano erupted, I'd say the idea is a non starter

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I don't think anyone worth their salt has ever said homo neanderthalensis was wiped out by a supervolcano. Humans hunted them to extinction.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
coupple years ago scientist found lots of ash in neanthertaler caves in Norway..
volcanic ash was from the latest big outburst of the campl flegrei supervolcano in napels italy

climate chance have surly whiped them out ! no food of the ash blanket

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
what is a spervolcano

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I think it is more likely that neanderthals interbred with us to the point where they simply disappeared as a pure race.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi
and
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Neanderthal have never been a pure race, they were human and at some for some time of human history, they have been the accumulation of Man's developement. The only real differences have been the global distribution and adaptations in isolated populations, and years of shared adaptations, between isolated populations.

Anyway...

There isn't a man alive today that is genetically similar to the modern human that migrated into Eurasia as homo sapiens.

There has been a lot of volcanic activity in Northern Europe during the time Neanderthal vanished. Italy, Germany and so on have been hazzard zones.
The Neanderthal way of life in small groups of people probably made it a lot harder for them to survive, spread a lot further apart for them to maintain their numbers among their own, or even at all at some time.

They probably didn't get hunted to extinction, as we still hold their genes within us. We probably beat them in numbers as it isn't custom to interbreed with your food or kill people that look different. They would have been enslaved sooner, as modern man proved to be a selfish, arrogant and lazy type of people.

But that's all just speculation though. To me it makes a lot more sense anyway...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sinter Klaas

Neanderthal have never been a pure race, they were human and at some for some time of human history, they have been the accumulation of Man's developement.

I can't figure out what you mean by this.

Neanderthals were a distinct separate species from us that we know at some point bread with our race.

Neanderthals, Denisovans and Human Speciation

Speciation by distance and temporal overlap: a new approach to understanding Neanderthal evolution

If you think they evolved from us you are wrong if anything they evolved from Homo heidelbergensis as we did.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I do not think they evolved from us, they followed a slightly different path, and eventually even, all be it partially evolved into us. That doesn't mean they were less or more human then homo sapiens, or us for that matter

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Sinter Klaas

I like the slave idea. I could totally see it happening. In a way it would have been a mercy compared to out right killing or starvation through competition (which more than likely happened frequently as well).

I wonder if they made them build anything? Pyramids perhaps lol.

new topics

top topics

join