It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse Under Ebola Quarantine Criticizes Her Treatment

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: marg6043

You know perhaps you are right to be frugal, when it comes to an infectious disease with 90% death rate, perhaps you know more than any of us silly people knows.
It's 70% in west Africa but yes, it is a very dangerous disease. Particularly with inadequate health care. BTW, do you happen to know the death rate in the US?

But until all this ebola scare goes away, I will like to keep myself in the knowledge that something is been done to keep my family and me safe and away from possible infection, that means not doing any volunteer work as a health worker in and ebola infected region and keeping those that do, tuck away for a period of time..
Good thing not everyone is like you because without those volunteers it isn't going to "go away." Bad treatment and quarantine will not encourage volunteers.

You don't get to decide who goes into quarantine.

Are you suggesting that we not quarantine people who have been exposed to this dangerous disease because it will discourage healthcare workers from going to West Africa? I agree with you about the bad treatment part. There's no excuse for that.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

a reply to: ~Lucidity

Do you not understand the range of time during which they could become contagious at any moment?
Do you think that it's like turning a light switch?

And it remains to be seen. Don't count luck as pattern with this disease. No one really knows how extreme or not extreme he got. You think they would tell us?
It doesn't matter if they do tell us, does it? If people get sick as a result of exposure to him they will get sick and we will know about it. Or, I suppose you think that hospitals are teeming with hidden cases of ebola?

You seem to think it's like a light switch according to your responses to my posts. "When they exhibit symptoms." is how you responded to me. So, a symptoms appears, light switch goes on, contagious according to you? What exactly are you saying to Lucidity here? She seems to be following your reasoning quite well. At anytime during that incubation period they could develop symptoms and "the light switch goes on" because they are exhibiting symptoms. Which is exactly when you say they are contagious.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Are you suggesting that we not quarantine people who have been exposed to this dangerous disease because it will discourage healthcare workers from going to West Africa?
No. I'm not suggesting it. I said it quite plainly.

But that isn't the only reason. Mostly it's because it's a pointless exercise. There is no reason to quarantine those who have no symptoms.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Interestingly I know by research that us the American tax payers pays very good to aid the ebola ridden countries yearly, see why do they need American health care workers volunteers when millions goes to those areas in the name of aid?

If ebola is out of control in those regions and poor people are dying is not because American tax payers are not generous enough to aid them, enough money has gone those countries to be able to afford better health care than we do here in the US.

US predicted foreing aid to Africa for 2015

www.globalpost.com...

Since the last 10 years 18 billions has gone to African countries to fight poverty and to aid on health

How much more do we need to keep spending in Africa.

Doesn't that spike your interest? that so much money goes to Africa and people are still been denied basic health care?

news.bbc.co.uk...

That's is a lot of tax dollars for Africa and they are still dying

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi
There are levels of infectiousness. Please see this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Interestingly I know by research that us the American tax payers pays very good to aid the ebola ridden countries yearly, see why do they need American health care workers volunteers when millions goes to those areas in the name of aid?

Money doesn't stop an epidemic. Trained personnel do. Lots of them.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Terrorism is a bad thing, no? Any one of us could be a terrorist. Can't take any chances. NSA watching our every move. TSA doing full body searches. It's necessary to prevent thousands of deaths. So it's a little inconvenient to have a stranger feel you up at the airport - we should just suck it up - it's only a little inconvenience. So why do so many people complain about the TSA and the NSA?

This nurse complained about the treatment she received when she didn't even have ebola. And so many people are saying she should just "suck it up" - because it will possibly prevent thousands of deaths.

See the disconnect here?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Exactly... and these quarantine measures enacted by NJ, IL and NY (and maybe 1 other state) are what's going to make nurses and doctors think twice about going to West Africa and stopping Ebola at the source.

Yup... ignore treating Ebola everywhere but in America. That's the best plan [/sarcasm].
edit on 26/10/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

WOW just WOW. "minimal danger" how nice. Are you willing to take that risk Phage? "Minimal" is okay with you with a virus that has shown a 70% fatality rate. You can talk about the rate of those diagnosed here in the States all you want. Are you willing to risk your life on it? You seem more than willing to risk others lives on "minimal danger".

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

a reply to: pteridine
While you're at it you might want to remove the "isolate" part too.

Statistics of how many were in contact and got sick, etc., are meaningless because the disease state and events are different for each individual.
It's meaningless that no one but those who have been highly exposed to highly symptomatic patients has become sick? That no one on an entire plane which carried a person infected with ebola got sick? You have an interesting interpretation of the word meaningless.

No one on THAT plane was infected because Duncan didn't vomit in the aisles or on his seatmate. Maybe he didn't sneeze on any one. Because the disease can become infectious at any time, what has happened on one airplane can't be applied to other airplanes; hence "meaningless statistics." I can modify "isolate" if you can highly modify "highly exposed to highly symptomatic patients."

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

WOW just WOW. "minimal danger" how nice. Are you willing to take that risk Phage? "Minimal" is okay with you with a virus that has shown a 70% fatality rate.
70% in west Africa where health care is not exactly high. What's the fatality rate been in the US? Exactly zero for those who contracted the disease here, I think.

Yes, minimal. I'm more worried about getting hit by a car when I cross the street.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Think about your southern and northern borders, where no such restrictions apply.

Then think about pissing off the doctors and nurses fighting the spread of Ebola in West Africa and how coming home to unlimited quarantines might deter them from going, not just from America, but also Europe.

The disease spreads out of Africa and into a second continent. Perhaps even into Canada and Mexico.

Then think again about the northern and southern borders of the USA.
edit on 26/10/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

I can modify "isolate" if you can highly modify "highly exposed to highly symptomatic patients."
Why would I modify that when the evidence shows it to be the case?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

WOW just WOW. "minimal danger" how nice. Are you willing to take that risk Phage? "Minimal" is okay with you with a virus that has shown a 70% fatality rate.
70% in west Africa where health care is not exactly high. What's the fatality rate been in the US? Exactly zero for those who contracted the disease here, I think.

Yes, minimal. I'm more worried about getting hit by a car when I cross the street.

I see you cherry picked a quote from my post. Try using the whole quote Phage, for context. Are you willing to risk your life? You rail against some members here that dare to have an opinion on vaccinations. How could they risk the population? Apply your own logic. How could these people risk the population when they know it is POSSIBLE they could have contracted the virus. Duncan is the only fatality in the US that I'm aware of. Do you think those percentages will remain that positive if the hospitals become overly stressed?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I see you cherry picked a quote from my post. Try using the whole quote Phage, for context.
What context. Yes, the risk was minimal that anyone was infected by the doctor in New York. Isn't that what you asked?

How could they risk the population? Apply your own logic. How could these people risk the population when they know it is POSSIBLE they could have contracted the virus.
Because they dealt directly with the disease and understand what it takes to transmit it.

Do you think those percentages will remain that positive if the hospitals become overly stressed?
Trick question. I don't think the hospitals will become overly stressed by ebola.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

Think about your southern and northern borders, where no such restrictions apply.

Then think about pissing off the doctors and nurses fighting the spread of Ebola in West Africa and how coming home to unlimited quarantines might deter them from going, not just from America, but also Europe.

The disease spreads out of Africa and into a second continent. Perhaps even into Canada and Mexico.

Then think again about the northern and southern borders of the USA.

I am a HCW. We deal with the possibility of quarantine all the time. I said possibility, not probability. That possibility would not have much of an affect on most of the people I have worked with. Think what you will. That is my experience. Most of us want to help. Most of us. And I never said unlimited quarantine.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

Exactly... and these quarantine measures enacted by NJ, IL and NY (and maybe 1 other state) are what's going to make nurses and doctors think twice about going to West Africa and stopping Ebola at the source.

Yup... ignore treating Ebola everywhere but in America. That's the best plan [/sarcasm].

Sorry, I don't think it is going to be that convenient.

The poor attitude, lack of respect and the expected level of servitude, expressed towards doctors and nurses doesn't stop on the pages and pages here at ATS. They are killing the goose that lays the golden egg, and I only hope they remember their kinds words and attitude towards those healthcare workers that were willing to care for those that were of high risk. I hope they remember how they were so viciously scorn.

If there are any left if they need them, they surely don't expect them to leave their comfortable tents here in America, while they are under quarantine.

The number of doctors and nurses are dwindling and a brief perusal of the posts on ATS will shed a little light on why. If the unthinkable does happen, there will not be enough doctors and nurses available for the entitled masses. There will be no need to ponder the reason.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Billions of dollars can train and buy a lot health care workers from around the world with the hospitals in tow for the last 10 years., it could had paid for the testing of hundreds of possible vaccines too.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Billions of dollars can train and buy a lot health care workers from around the world with the hospitals in tow for the last 10 years., it could had paid for the testing of hundreds of possible vaccines too.
Sure. If you don't do anything else with it.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I think that this woman went and did something very few people have the selflessness and compassion to do and that she should be treated with dignity and respect upon her return. She has probably seen and experienced things she will never forget, because she cares about others. I agree that she should be quarantined upon her return but that she should have been told what to expect upon her arrival here in the US. Her quarantine should be handled by competent respectful officials with open communication and given as much comfort as possible. She is a hero, treat her that way.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join