It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK, Europe on collision course over €2.1bn bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   
2 billion is a big amount of money, but you really have to play with the rules you have agreed to follow.

The sanctions agains russia is allready hurting EU, machine need its 2 billion fuel injection. Cameron wake up!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NSM4747

The UK never agreed to follow any rules thus the reason for UKIP. The British are a tad pived that our political elite entwined our country with such a system in the EU. The UK will leave the EU by 2020, let's see who really needs who, the UK will be £55 million a day better off and we will have control of our own boarders. I don't see many negatives leaving the EU only positives. Don't see why the British tax money is used to subsidise farmers in Spain?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Firstly England and in fact the UK is a sovereign nation.... Its people did not vote to be ruled by Europe!

Secondly... The UK has worked hard and tightened its belt, its people suffered for 5 years to bring our economy back to a positive value.... Other nations mismanaged their economies and now we have to give them our money!!! Not a CHANCE!!!

Thirdly.... The UK has paid a net of 8 billion pounds to the EU in the last year.... that's tax payers money. What do we get in return??

We the People of Britain do not want to be ruled by people we did not vote for and have no say in what happens. Europe is raiding our success to distribute our wealth to other countries.

That is just unacceptable.

If the money transfers out of the UK, it will be the end of Cameron Full stop.

This demand is like another country demanding 1.7 billion dollars from the US.... Why would you do it? Its total and utter Cr@p!

They are attempting to slow down Britain's financial growth and it is an act of economic war!

Korg.
edit on 26-10-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ispyed
a reply to: crazyewok

If you join a club you play buy the rules.

That's just it.... We didn't actually join!

We kept the pound, the EU agreement we have is about free trade... nothing about a united states of Europe and European central government.

The people didn't vote for that and therefore we are more than angry that this kind of sh!te is going on!!

We need to Leave the EU full stop!

Let them fend for themselves... let them mismanage their own finances and suffer their own consequences.

The UK doesn't need anything from the EU other than a trade agreement.

Korg.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

Wow! you are obviously not from the UK are you?

The EU has turned into a welfare state. The UK is thriving economically better than the rest of Europe because we have undergone severe austerity measures, while the likes of Germany and France have failed with a different policy, mainly continued spending.

So what do the EU bureaucrats do? They decide to punish a country that has done the right thing and give that money to countries that have failed to do the right thing.

The UK is The main contributor to the EU and to come back and ask for more, when the UK citizens have undergone hard times to create this money in the first place is a kick in the teeth.

The NHS needs 8 billion they say to be fixed, well this money would have gone part of the way to helping, now we are effectively being bullied to hand over our lunch money to the school ground bullies, because they don't have any.

People like you make me sick, I just hope you're not from the UK because then I may be more understanding with your OP, because you simply don't know what you're talking about. If you are from the UK then God help us!

And yes we are in the club and should play by the rules, but then so should France who frequently don't. The fact is, when something is wrong, you need to stand up to it, not just bend over backwards. The rules always seem to hinder the UK and if that's the case, we're better off out of the EU.
edit on 26-10-2014 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Cheapskate Cameron, anyone would think its his own money, its not, its tax payers money, The UK pays over EIGHT BILLION POUNDS to Brussels every year, tax payers money, the Brits pay 43% of their wages in taxes as it is, I can see why that political party 'ukip' wants out of the EU. (UKIP United Kingdom Independence Party).
Value Added Tax (VAT) is 20% in the UK, on everything except food and children's cloths, with some exceptions, even the exceptions pay 5% Vat. Get this, chocolate has VAT!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Cheapskate Cameron, anyone would think its his own money, its not, its tax payers money, The UK pays over EIGHT BILLION POUNDS to Brussels every year, tax payers money, the Brits pay 43% of their wages in taxes as it is, I can see why that political party 'ukip' wants out of the EU. (UKIP United Kingdom Independence Party).
Value Added Tax (VAT) is 20% in the UK, on everything except food and children's cloths, with some exceptions, even the exceptions pay 5% Vat. Get this, chocolate has VAT!

Cheap Skate Cameron?!?

The UK people do not want to put a single penny in the hands of Europe!

Fact!

Korg.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco

The UK never agreed to follow any rules thus the reason for UKIP. The British are a tad pived that our political elite entwined our country with such a system in the EU. The UK will leave the EU by 2020

I think far sooner than 2020.

The earliest could be by 2017.
edit on 26-10-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

The UK never agreed to follow any rules thus the reason for UKIP. The British are a tad pived that our political elite entwined our country with such a system in the EU. The UK will leave the EU by 2020, let's see who really needs who, the UK will be £55 million a day better off and we will have control of our own boarders. I don't see many negatives leaving the EU only positives. Don't see why the British tax money is used to subsidise farmers in Spain?

I admire your patriotism, but its a calculated amount by EU "machine" , theres no expections. Its insane amount and the amount will surely somehow reflect to your people.

Im not supporter of EU, never was only harm followed when Finland joined in in late 90`s, we are in our own # here in "far north"

i hope that your fellow country man are wise enough to get rid of EU asap. Wish the same for finnish people, everything is expensive nowadays, wouldn`t complain if i had only one mouth to feed but when there`s a family to feed it explains itself.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

As said by many posters already, the UK public never had a vote to join the EU in its current state. The UK populace agreed to the common market back in 1970's and nothing more. As such the UK populace did not want to pay £55 million a day to some club that we do not want to be part off. The extra 2 billon euros is being paid by the UK tax payer, not our political elite and as such if our government decides to pay this, then they can almost guarantee to loose at next Mays General election. We the British Populace is angry at our political elite and angry at Europe for trying to dictate to us what we can and cannot do in our own country. We will not put up with it anymore and come next May, perhaps the Coalition Goverment will have a UKIP element in it as I will be voting on whatever the parties promise about the UK finally leaving the EU.

I don't want Cameron to change our relationship with the EU, I want us out pronto. I'm sure this is a feeling shared by most of my fellow Brit ATS members other than the Liberals.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

As said by many posters already, the UK public never had a vote to join the EU in its current state. The UK populace agreed to the common market back in 1970's and nothing more. As such the UK populace did not want to pay £55 million a day to some club that we do not want to be part off. The extra 2 billon euros is being paid by the UK tax payer, not our political elite and as such if our government decides to pay this, then they can almost guarantee to loose at next Mays General election. We the British Populace is angry at our political elite and angry at Europe for trying to dictate to us what we can and cannot do in our own country. We will not put up with it anymore and come next May, perhaps the Coalition Goverment will have a UKIP element in it as I will be voting on whatever the parties promise about the UK finally leaving the EU.

I don't want Cameron to change our relationship with the EU, I want us out pronto. I'm sure this is a feeling shared by most of my fellow Brit ATS members other than the Liberals.

I predict next year there will be a Conservative / UKIP Coalition.

Labour will have a new leader shortly after the result.

Libral Democrats will be again assigned to irrelevance, many will defect and it could end up dissolving.

Korg.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Totally concur with your analysis. Ed Miliband needs to step down now if Labour is stand any chance.

I despise Miliband more than any other UK politician, every time I see his sneering face on TV, I want to knock him out and I'm not a violent person.

edit on 26.10.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

That £55 million per day would save us an awful lot of money that we are told we would loose by those with vested interests in our staying in europe.

Most corporations here get away with the minimum wage which is despicably low and impossible to live in considering the real cost of living when things like rents and food and put into those figures.

What bothers me about all of this is George Osborne not telling his pal cam that we would face this kind of surcharge if our economy dropped? Does the man do his job or not - obviously not or his doesn't know how to do it properly!

Another interesting question would be how would europe do without our £55million per day entering its coffers - I suspect it would be near collapse. Further it couldn't afford to loose our trade and we have the rest of the world to trad e with so why shoujld we worry, the EU is already broke and would collapse without our contribution?

We are a small island and simply packing foreigners in to it because they demand assylum or slide in under the radar is not an option unless we want our country to become a rat run by overpopulation. There is a limit to quantity and quality and we are getting into dire trouble when it comes to things we have worked hard for such as our NHS which the government doesn't fund to the number of immigrants that are here on top of the population.

The point we signed up to a common market is absolutely correct, I didn't sign up for a new government ontop of what we already have - one government is enough to have to live under there is no need for another on top with ridiculous regulations dreamed up by idealists with no common sense or experience - and two layers of this is what we are living under. I want out and I suspect if we go a number of other countries could follow if they value their right to self determination and a renewed common sense becoming the focus of their government..

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SurrenderingAmerica

Surrendering America..... ..... What's your 'beef' with the British PM....

'retard', 'Slithering weasel', 'cheapskate'........ If I said that about someone (including a fellow ATS member) then AS BEFORE one of the ATS moderators would send me a warning and take stars or points away from me.....

I am making a BIG assumption that you are an American and if so I would love to know your politics as I think, based on your rant that you probably don't get the full picture do you....!

Have a nice day y'all

PDUK

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I believe if the UK left the EU that other countries would follow suit. It only benefits the corporations and political elite in Europe not the average Joe public.

We have Food Banks in the UK and yet we give money to the EU to subsidise farmers (land owners).

Our borders are open for every Tom dick and Harry to turn up and demand benefits, it's a joke and the UK public are finally waking up to the fact that we are being screwed by both the EU, Corporations and our own political elite have everyone else's interests at heart other than its own electorate.

I've been against the EU since my teens and was in a very small minority, it's great to see that a few decades later the masses are finally seeing the EU for what it really is.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
It's not just UK which has lost out. The Netherlands, Italy, Greece and Cyprus have all been instructed to make additional payments to the EU at the beginning of December. We're told that those member states didn't know that this was coming ... If that's the case, they should send professionals to represent them in Brussels instead of amateurs.

As to UK and it's contrived outrage, this is the nation which exhorts others to play by the rules yet when it's disadvantaged itself it goes into a terrible childish tantrum, threatening to take it's ball home. Well, UK ... Get the hell out of the EU. The UK has been nothing but a disruptive influence since day one. Leave and see your businesses collapse, companies relocate to continental Europe, leave and see your debts go unpaid, your interest rates rise, your government print money like they did in the 1960s and 1970s. Leave and see inflation spiral, your shopping bills rise, leave and see the choice and variety of foodstuffs in your shops dwindle back to the bad old days of English cuisine.

Keep your money, £1.7 billion is a price well worth paying to be rid of the British.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I for one cant wait for that day

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: LeBombDiggity

We would gladly leave the Gravy Train, just need to find a Prime Minister with the balls to do it.

To add, think you'll find the UK pay over 8 Billion a year, so we'll see how well the EU copes without this.

And corporations moving to Europe will not have an effect on the average Joe, just the banking cartel which is more than welcome to leave the UK along with other corporations who don't pay their fair of corporation tax anyway.

edit on 26.10.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
David Cameron is a scumbag, everyone knows this to be true. Yet what he has done is somehow managed to convince all the dumbs dumbs in the UK hes a super great guy because of this idiotic sense of nationalism by sticking it to the EU.

No one under any circumstance should trust a word that comes out of his mouth he along with Alastair Darling have pretty much wreckd this country beyond repair. The EU accounts for the majority of the UKs trade by the way.

Leave the EU, abandon the human rights act, coalition with UKIP = Police State.

And there are actualy morons in the UK who think this is a good thing. Pretty tragic watching people actualy supporting this insane tyrant.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

a reply to: LeBombDiggity

We would gladly leave the Gravy Train, just need to find a Prime Minister with the balls to do it.

To add, think you'll find the UK pay over 8 Billion a year, so we'll see how well the EU copes without this.

And corporations moving to Europe will not have an effect on the average Joe, just the banking cartel which is more than welcome to leave the UK along with other corporations who don't pay their fair of corporation tax anyway.

I had to laugh at reading the post made by LeBombDiggity... he clearly hasn't a clue!

Anyone can see the UK would BENEFIT from an EU exit... all the negative elements he talks about are what will happen if we stay in the EU...

Ironic.

Korg.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join