It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pagan Yin-Yang deception: God has two opposite sides "love" and "wrath" - and he repents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Many people who claim to follow The Heavenly Father who is merciful to all even the evil and unthankful were deceived into believing in another God who has two opposing natures within himself (like a human). God is perfect, there is no two opposing sides within him.

God is Love and Love is not self-seeking, nor is it proud or envious. God is not jealous. God is not wrathful. All of this is deception.

These ideas came from nature - paganism - the yin yang. Since nature is pain and pleasure, life and death, the pagans mastered their idea of God off of this fallen world, but the truth is God is Love and God is perfect, which means that God is Perfect Love. God is Light without any darkness within him at all. In darkness people are lost not knowing where they go, but with The Light they had wisdom.

A God is who not perfect repents of the evil he seeks to do:

"And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people." - Exodus 32:14

" If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you." - Jeremiah 42:10

This is true:
"God is not a man that he should lie; neither the son of a man that he should repent. " - Numbers 23:19

too bad, the same god of this old testament actually did repent multiple times.

The True God never repents because The True God IS Love and Love looks out for others. It is the best moral compass.

Peace to you all and I pray you all see the truth through the deception of lukewarm pagan philosophies.

edit on 24-10-2014 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

(post by awh666 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Isaiah 26:21 - For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.
Deuteronomy 9:7
Remember, and forget not, how thou provokedst the LORD thy God to wrath in the wilderness: from the day that thou didst depart out of the land of Egypt, until ye came unto this place, ye have been rebellious against the LORD.

Romans 1:18 - For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness

Ezekiel 25:17

I will execute great vengeance on them with wrathful rebukes. Then they will know that I am the Lord, when I lay my vengeance upon them.”

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Antisocial 11:18 - Blasphemy thy fornicating feces is all shall spew..............................................................idk

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The yin and yang are not Pagan, they are from ancient Chinese philosophy. Many religions do incorporate the idea of yin and yang though but not as good and evil or positive and negative, just as opposites that compliment each other and lend power to the whole.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So I've heard this supposed contradiction before and the main source of discord seems to be a problem with the translation from the Hebrew which leads to confusion as too God's ability to change his mind regarding his dispensation towards man and his immutability. It's an Apologetics site but they seem to have explained it well here.

OP would you, if you don't mind, tell me what you find unsatisfactory about their explanation?

The New Testament is also clear that God is wrathful against sin and his punishment of sinfulness is done in full accordance with and is born out of his love for mankind.

"The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness" Romans 1:18

"because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son" Hebrews 12:6

edit on 10/24/2014 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

The True God never repents because The True God IS Love and Love looks out for others. It is the best moral compass.

Are you saying that the Christian god is a pagan god?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The dual forces of yin and yang exist within pretty much everything, it's not a strictly human quality. Within God yin and yang are united, because God is beyond duality. He isn't male or female, hot or cold, he's androgynous and neutral. I agree when you say God is perfect and neither jealous nor wrathful, but this is because I believe the god presented in the bible is not the actual God, rather what the Greek Gnostics term the Demiurge. I also agree when you say he is perfect love, but at the same time I feel God doesn't look out for others or deliver them from suffering. This is because suffering is useful, adversity is what makes people aspire to new heights and continue to strive and learn and grow which I'll argue is the very point of this temporary mortal existence.

Does a truly loving parent lock their children away from anything that could ever be considered wrong or harmful or do they allow the child to suffer, make mistakes, and gain experiences while patiently waiting for their return?

Before you disparage the "pagan" philosophies I would look into them more, especially since nearly every aspect of Christianity in some way or another borrows heavily from them.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I like the thought you put forth but there is just not much substance to the claim. I suspect that somewhere along they way you decided that the word was not true and you like many others decided to cherrypick all the delicious low hanging fruit and ignore the fruit at the top of the tree that got most of the sonlight.

I will even say that to half of creation you are correct but to me it is lunacy. I mean that literly. The man in the moon would be proud but we in order to form a more perfect understanding of ourselves must take everything as a whole. yea that was a founding fathers reference. I will say that when you find the off switch to sin fill us in. Do not take my words to me against you i love the debate and find your style to be soothing and you have much wisdom within.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Many people who claim to follow The Heavenly Father who is merciful to all even the evil and unthankful were deceived into believing in another God who has two opposing natures within himself (like a human). God is perfect, there is no two opposing sides within him.

God is Love and Love is not self-seeking, nor is it proud or envious. God is not jealous. God is not wrathful. All of this is deception.

These ideas came from nature - paganism - the yin yang. Since nature is pain and pleasure, life and death, the pagans mastered their idea of God off of this fallen world, but the truth is God is Love and God is perfect, which means that God is Perfect Love. God is Light without any darkness within him at all. In darkness people are lost not knowing where they go, but with The Light they had wisdom.

A God is who not perfect repents of the evil he seeks to do:

"And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people." - Exodus 32:14

" If ye will still abide in this land, then will I build you, and not pull you down, and I will plant you, and not pluck you up: for I repent me of the evil that I have done unto you." - Jeremiah 42:10

This is true:
"God is not a man that he should lie; neither the son of a man that he should repent. " - Numbers 23:19

Peace to you all and I pray you all see the truth through the deception of lukewarm pagan philosophies.

Pagans don't believe in the Abrahamic God, period. That rules out your notion that they have theories about what your god is like. The claims you are making are yours. Own them and don't pin them on someone else.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yin-Yang is Paganism because it's based off of day and night, light and shade. It's based off of nature (the fallen creation) instead of The Creator.

Yahweh is an ancient pagan canaanite god. The Bible even talks about how he was worshiped with other gods until he demanded to be the only one worshiped.

It's interesting how people with satanic names such as that guy with 666 in his name and that guy with azazel in his name are defending yahweh.

You cannot serve two masters wanting opposite things at the same time. If Yahweh says:

"And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot." - Deuteronomy 19:21

and Jesus Christ says:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." - Matthew 5:38-39

Then you can either follow one or the other, not both at the same time. You can't be revengeful and forgiving at the same time.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yin-Yang is Paganism because it's based off of day and night, light and shade. It's based off of nature (the fallen creation) instead of The Creator.

Yahweh is an ancient pagan canaanite god. The Bible even talks about how he was worshiped with other gods until he demanded to be the only one worshiped.

It's interesting how people with satanic names such as that guy with 666 in his name and that guy with azazel in his name are defending yahweh.

You cannot serve two masters wanting opposite things at the same time. If Yahweh says:

"And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot." - Deuteronomy 19:21

and Jesus Christ says:

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." - Matthew 5:38-39

Then you can either follow one or the other, not both at the same time. You can't be revengeful and forgiving at the same time.

You have a rich fantasy life. THere's no evidence that Yahweh exists and no evidence that Jesus ever lived. Quoting Jesus is like quoting Harry Potter or Humpty Dumpty.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme someone wise told me long ago on here to be like water. turns out it was the best advice i ever got. while we can not be both revengeful and forgiving at the same time i often find than revenge in my own mind follows closely behind my forgivness. almost to the point of a tie but if i just take it all in then the bad feelings are always overcome by my desire to forgive and be a better person. it turns out that that is the key to life for me.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Ridiculous. Are you suggesting that there are multiple God's being described in the Bible? That would make the Bible extremely confusing. That the one in Exodus and Jeremiah is different than the one from Numbers? It isn't, if you just read it and believe it. God is not the author of confusion...

Why is the one you believe to know what means the one that supports your false doctrine?

What you should understand is that most of the promises made to the people by God were covenants, meaning that the people had to fulfill their side of the bargain.

If the people don't do what God says, He gets angry, and begins to judge them. When they turn around and DO what He says, he repents of that judgement. He isn't just changing his mind on a whim, which is what Numbers is referring to, it's in relation to what the people do.

edit on 24-10-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: graphuto

originally posted by: graphuto

Ridiculous. Are you suggesting that there are multiple God's being described in the Bible? That the one in Exodus and Jeremiah is different than the one from Numbers?

I'm simply pointing out the contradiction. The verse in Numbers says he doesn't repent and yet he does repent of his evil intentions in Exodus and Jeremiah.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

But what basis are you using to decide which verses are true and which aren't? Numbers was written down by Moses just as Exodus was.
Only the ones that are "pure love and forgiveness" are true?

Then why did Jesus preach about Hell?
Why is judgement and damnation more than half of the Bible?

What you're saying just doesn't line up with a plain and clear understanding of the Bible.

In the OP, you specifically say that God is not jealous. The Bible plainly says otherwise.
Here's just one of literally hundreds of examples to show that God also has what we might perceive as a "bad side" :

Exodus 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Where is your scriptural basis for this idea? God isn't merciful to the evil and unthankful, or anyone for that matter, unless they believe on Jesus Christ. In fact, scripture paints quite a different picture. Let's see how God feels about the unthankful, and those that try to make God into something that He is not :

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

What I see here is that God gave them up! He gave them over to a reprobate mind and let their heart harden, that they can't believe. I'd be very, very careful when twisting the Word of God, or adding to it, or taking away from it, or drawing your own conclusion regarding the character of God with no scriptural basis, lest He gives you over to a reprobate mind.
edit on 24-10-2014 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
right brain vs left brain
red light being one world and blue light being one world and we are in the middle in the white light
all the beings are the same physical make up on each side and it is all sandwiched together into what we call earth.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

originally posted by: deadeyedick
right brain vs left brain
red light being one world and blue light being one world and we are in the middle in the white light

Actually white light is the three primary colors of light (red, blue, green) combined.

It's actually the green light that is in the middle of the color spectrum between red and blue.

The colors of the visible spectrum from lowest frequency to highest are:

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, and Violet

Reference: Spectral Colors - Georgia State University Department of Physical and Astronomy

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: graphuto

But what basis are you using to decide which verses are true and which aren't? Numbers was written down by Moses just as Exodus was.
Only the ones that are "pure love and forgiveness" are true?

Then why did Jesus preach about Hell?
Why is judgement and damnation more than half of the Bible?

What I don't understand is why, if all this is true, there's not an iota of historical evidence (ie. contemporaneous documentation) proving that Moses and Jesus actually lived. Could it be that all this judgment and damnation comes from the minds and pens of men wanting to control other people with boogie man threats?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

In what way are people being "controlled"?

Being told not to lie, cheat, steal, murder, and commit adultery, yeah you're right. That really puts us into bondage.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join