It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christie says GOP gubernatorial candidates need to win so they control 'voting mechanisms'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think they learned something from Jeb Bush and Florida:

Governor Christie pushed further into the contentious debate over voting rights than ever before, saying Tuesday that Republicans need to win gubernatorial races this year so that they’re the ones controlling “voting mechanisms” going into the next presidential election.

Christie said Tuesday the party affiliation of governors will matter in the next presidential contest.

“The fact is it doesn’t matter if you don’t really care what happens in these states, you’re going to care about who is running the state in November of 2016, what kind of political apparatus they’ve set up and what kind of governmental apparatus they’ve set up to ensure a full and fair election in 2016,” he said. “All of those things are incredibly important.”

source

edit on 22-10-2014 by AlaskanDad because: separated the quote in the second paragraph

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hi, I'm not from America, so i try understanding it all.

But I do remember, that with the last election, people started to take over from grass root level.

Taking the small seats in small towns, cities...

Could we see a some results of that this upcoming elections?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
What is really upsetting is I want to vote independent, I see both R's and D's as part of the corporate entity that has been ruling the US of A for many decades. But here in AK the Independents for governor is a R for Gov and a D for his Lt Gov link.

Once again it seems the game has been rigged!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
this

850 voters in NYC are officially 164 years old
nypost.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Think what you want about a person with apparent impulse control problems, this guy is a true Fascist. Put him out there if it's the best the GOP can produce.

No fans allowed at the debates.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Voter fraud needs to be dealt with, but extra ID just to vote is going a little to far. A compromise might be a thumb print scan that make it easier on the voter, yet keep things on straight and narrow.

imho- Election fraud seems a much larger problem, the fact that our electronic voting is not leaving a chain of evidence is insane!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
this

850 voters in NYC are officially 164 years old
nypost.com...

Did you read the article? These aren't voter frauds, it's a glitch in the birthdate system.

“They were all listed as age 164. This was no accident. It’s a little quirk in the system. It’s not widespread,” he added, noting there are more than 4 million registered voters.

Everyone was legal to vote, it's just that their birthdate year was wrong, making them appear to be 164 years old.

Since they registered under the old system, the board grandfathered them in and listed 01/01/1850 as their DOBs in the electronic voting rolls.

And that’s where things still stand as of today.

Nice try, though.

Many Republicans have admitted that the reason they want voter ID is to prevent blacks and poor people from voting. Voter suppression helps them win elections.
edit on 10/22/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

If they have nitchy glitchy software, how can anybody trust the election tabs?

It's sloppy and schlocky.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
If they have nitchy glitchy software, how can anybody trust the election tabs?

It's not software. This is from before computerized voting. Read the article. It's short.

I'm not suggesting that there's not room for improvement in our voting system, but this story is not an indication of that.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Controlling the "voting mechanism"? You mean the way we vote and the outcome can vary depending on which party the elected governor happens to be affiliated?

Does anyone realize what Christie appears to have admitted?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

Hi, I'm not from America, so i try understanding it all.

But I do remember, that with the last election, people started to take over from grass root level.

Taking the small seats in small towns, cities...

Could we see a some results of that this upcoming elections?

Yes...

I also think he was referring to how Democrats / this admins DOJ are going after laws that would crack down on voter fraud.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

Voter fraud needs to be dealt with, but extra ID just to vote is going a little to far. A compromise might be a thumb print scan that make it easier on the voter, yet keep things on straight and narrow.

imho- Election fraud seems a much larger problem, the fact that our electronic voting is not leaving a chain of evidence is insane!

I think it is a huge problem, and wont change any time soon

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

yes I read it, I didn't believe the answer

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
another glitch

There must be a glitch in the matrix

‘Calibration error’ changes GOP votes to Dem in Illinois county

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 103131p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I think these Ahhh glitches are called programs and they are installed by the companies that own the voting machines.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who knows who owns them this election?

We need a paper trail so there can be accountability and so we can put an end to election fraud.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
Controlling the "voting mechanism"? You mean the way we vote and the outcome can vary depending on which party the elected governor happens to be affiliated?

Does anyone realize what Christie appears to have admitted?

Yes, he admitted that .. for instance .. an administration that wants voter fraud because it helps them could use their power to ensure that it happens, by changing laws, and not going after anyone committing fraud.

Do you disagree?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

One would think the machines would be calibrated before they are put into operation. While its entirely possible this was a single glitch I would rather they test all machines to be on the safe side.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Again, let's all remember that facts have nothing to do with a good story.

Of course, that requires that we all forget that after 15 years of looking, the percentage of voter fraud is about 0.0000002%

But, hey, let's remember that quote from the Book of Hebrews: Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Because Republicans are so hoping for some evidence of something that doesn't exist ...

Just gotta have faith.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
This is the kind of stuff Christie could be talking about.

Chicago-area voting machine casts GOP candidate’s vote for... his Democrat opponent
edit on 23-10-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Many Republicans have admitted that the reason they want voter ID is to prevent blacks and poor people from voting. Voter suppression helps them win elections.

Really?

Can you please source the numerous examples of this?

As for voter fraud, there is plenty of circumstantial evidence that both parties take part in defrauding elections.

edit on 10/23/2014 by Azdraik because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join