It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christie says GOP gubernatorial candidates need to win so they control 'voting mechanisms'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If it were anything but a machine error, it would be election fraud not voter fraud and would not be solved with a new Voter ID.

Perhaps the Republican-supporting Diebold Corporation should be charged with fraud? Oh, wait ... Diebold charged with worldwide Fraud

Diebold CEO Commits to Securing Presidential Election for Bush

Anyone can cherry-pick:

GOP Candidate Headed to Jail for Voter Fraud

GOP Candidate for Attorney General in ARK Charged with Voter Fraud

... and still, even given shocking examples like this of Republican wrong-doing, the incidence of in-person voter fraud is still statistically non-existent.
edit on 5Thu, 23 Oct 2014 05:10:30 -050014p0520141066 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Which literally has nothing to do with the OP. All you did is post further proof that Christie is correct.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

So you're admitting that Republicans are trying to control elections?

Wow.

The OP is about supposed voter fraud and voting irregularities. So is my post.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Wow.

I am admitting both sides are. If you think they aren't you are naive. Beyond naive.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Wow.

I am admitting both sides are. If you think they aren't you are naive. Beyond naive.

True, both sides may be guilty. But this is important because Christie is openly admitting it and saying the GOP candidates need to win to control the voting "mechanism".

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Yes, I strike most people as totally politically innocent, a babe in the woods as it were ...

Give me a break. Is that all you've got?

Christie, still somewhat a possible Republican candidate for President, ... oh wait wait, I need a minute; I've been overcome by hysterical laughter ...

Ok, there ... I'm better.

Christie, still a recognized national figure in the Republican party, has openly admitted that his party wants to have power over the outcome of elections.

That's pretty much "in our face" I think most would agree.

But, as usual above, you first tried to imply that he was only talking about the insane Republican talking point of "Democrats Commit Widespread Voter Fraud" and got rebutted, and now you're trying to claim you were saying "everybody does it."

If you're going to be a partisan, stick to it. Have some backbone.

Don't abandon your stance just because your statements were shown to be incorrect.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Yes, I strike most people as totally politically innocent, a babe in the woods as it were ...

Give me a break. Is that all you've got?

Christie, still somewhat a possible Republican candidate for President, ... oh wait wait, I need a minute; I've been overcome by hysterical laughter ...

Ok, there ... I'm better.

Christie, still a recognized national figure in the Republican party, has openly admitted that his party wants to have power over the outcome of elections.

That's pretty much "in our face" I think most would agree.

But, as usual above, you first tried to imply that he was only talking about the insane Republican talking point of "Democrats Commit Widespread Voter Fraud" and got rebutted, and now you're trying to claim you were saying "everybody does it."

If you're going to be a partisan, stick to it. Have some backbone.

Don't abandon your stance just because your statements were shown to be incorrect.

I am not and never have been a partisan. That would be you. Which is why you refuse to admit BOTH SIDES do this. I think both parties should be voted out and permanently blacklisted by the people.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Wow.

True, both sides may be guilty. But this is important because Christie is openly admitting it and saying the GOP candidates need to win to control the voting "mechanism".

Yes, such as making sure machines are calibrated properly so when you vote Republican the vote does not go to a Democrat .. like what actually just happened in Chicago.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

I don't refuse to admit anything. I have outlined my political views in several threads where it was appropriate to do so.

It seems off-topic here, as well as redundant, as well as unimportant.

What is on-topic, though, is that you implied quite clearly, and predictably, that Mr. Christie was referring to a need to control elections in order to thwart Democrats. Time after time, you voice right-wing rhetoric, argue their arguments, and yet ... you're non-partisan.

But really, whichever side you're on doesn't really matter either. What does matter is that there is no EVIDENCE of the wide-spread in-person voter fraud alleged by Republicans against Democrats. In fact, EVERY investigation has shown that in person voter fraud is miniscule.

Which invalidates the supposed need for the new ID requirements, unless the need is, what it seems to be, which is to limit voting of valid American citizens.

If both sides are the same, tell me ... what are the Democrats doing to thwart Republican voters from voting?

Real evidence now, not this vague belief-based "well, they must be doing something, they're pure evil, those Dems."

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I don't refuse to admit anything. I have outlined my political views in several threads where it was appropriate to do so.

It seems off-topic here, as well as redundant, as well as unimportant.

What is on-topic, though, is that you implied quite clearly, and predictably, that Mr. Christie was referring to a need to control elections in order to thwart Democrats. Time after time, you voice right-wing rhetoric, argue their arguments, and yet ... you're non-partisan.

No. Not control elections. That is not what he said. I absolutely do not voice right wing rhetoric, the fact you think so is because you are so far left anything not borderline falling off the edge left is right wing to you. I would prefer it if no Republican ever got elected again (so long as no Democrat did either).

But really, whichever side you're on doesn't really matter either. What does matter is that there is no EVIDENCE of the wide-spread in-person voter fraud alleged by Republicans against Democrats. In fact, EVERY investigation has shown that in person voter fraud is miniscule.

Which has nothing at all to do with the topic at hand. I already linked to Chicago where a machine was giving R votes to D.

Which invalidates the supposed need for the new ID requirements, unless the need is, what it seems to be, which is to limit voting of valid American citizens.

If both sides are the same, tell me ... what are the Democrats doing to thwart Republican voters from voting?

Real evidence now, not this vague belief-based "well, they must be doing something, they're pure evil, those Dems."

I don't have to do anything because I never said both sides are the same. Reading comprehension would be good. I said both are bad, and both are the problem.

But, just to satisfy you, I already linked to a machine giving R votes to D. That is thwarting them from voting, even worse, it's stealing votes.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

How can they be independents if they're Republican and Democrat? What am I missing?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Ok folks but his comments suggest that the Dems are in control of them now. So the fascists already have control.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

For the record, you evidently don't understand what "left politics" means with the exception that you consider anything that you label with that phrase opposite to your own beliefs.

It is pretty obvious then, by your own description, where that designation would place you on the political spectrum.

However, making our discussion appear as a point of personal contention between your style and mine or between our political beliefs is not only false but specious and irrelevant.

Mr. Christie has been "called on the carpet" as it were for his statements which clearly indicate a desire on the part of the Republican party to unfairly if not illegally influence elections. You can parse his comments anyway you like; the fact remains.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

For the record, you evidently don't understand what "left politics" means with the exception that you consider anything that you label with that phrase opposite to your own beliefs.

It is pretty obvious then, by your own description, where that designation would place you on the political spectrum.

Mr. Christie has been "called on the carpet" as it were for his statements which clearly indicate a desire on the part of the Republican party to unfairly if not illegally influence elections. You can parse his comments anyway you like; the fact remains.

Christies comments are not being seen for what they are.....an accusation about others maleficent behavior. And by the way a personas description doesn't necessarily reflect their position/party affiliation ect, as if that were some unpardonable political sin or something anyway. I don't like Lefties much at all but am not a registered any dam thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

So now we are supposed to understand your positions or appreciate your beliefs based not on the evidence we have before us (your posts) but instead on criteria we never get to see (your actual actions and beliefs in your daily life)?

So you view your interaction with ATS and it's members as some sort of character acting, that you've created a persona that may or may not reflect the person you actually are???

So, for this little theatre that you are telling us you're presenting, the leftists/Democrats/progressives/whatever are always going to occupy the role of villain in the shadow-play that honest respondents here had no idea they were participating in?

Good to know.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
this

850 voters in NYC are officially 164 years old
nypost.com...

Did you read the article? These aren't voter frauds, it's a glitch in the birthdate system.

“They were all listed as age 164. This was no accident. It’s a little quirk in the system. It’s not widespread,” he added, noting there are more than 4 million registered voters.

Everyone was legal to vote, it's just that their birthdate year was wrong, making them appear to be 164 years old.

Since they registered under the old system, the board grandfathered them in and listed 01/01/1850 as their DOBs in the electronic voting rolls.

And that’s where things still stand as of today.

Nice try, though.

Many Republicans have admitted that the reason they want voter ID is to prevent blacks and poor people from voting. Voter suppression helps them win elections.
That's a goddamn lie.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Yea I second that.....its bull stuff.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nope, never said any of that.

But what you just said was that anyone drawling down on the left has got to be right.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad
I think they learned something from Jeb Bush and Florida:

Governor Christie pushed further into the contentious debate over voting rights than ever before, saying Tuesday that Republicans need to win gubernatorial races this year so that they’re the ones controlling “voting mechanisms” going into the next presidential election.

Christie said Tuesday the party affiliation of governors will matter in the next presidential contest.

“The fact is it doesn’t matter if you don’t really care what happens in these states, you’re going to care about who is running the state in November of 2016, what kind of political apparatus they’ve set up and what kind of governmental apparatus they’ve set up to ensure a full and fair election in 2016,” he said. “All of those things are incredibly important.”

source

Does that mean he's wrong?
edit on 24-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Really? Is that what I said? Why not just quote it?

But please, continue to ignore any semblance of factual discussion based on your Non Partisan But Always Solidly Against Dems and Lefties persona ...

Christie was quite clear in what he said, and posters here clear in what they took away from what he said - Republicans intend to suppress votes.

Not unlike his colleague in PA, Mike Turzai, who promised to deliver the state for Mr. Romney in the last election ...

Not unlike perennial harridan Phyllis Schlafly who has clearly stated that by manipulating election procedures that Republicans can inhibit the "Democratic ground game." Source ...

Not unlike Charlie Crist's admissions about what the GOP in Florida has done to specifically target black voters Source ...

The agenda is quite clear. Clapping each other on the back here while vapidly claiming "no it's not" is just not as endearing as it might seem.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join