It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Party in Georgia Uses Ferguson Incident to 'Get Out The Vote'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Why don't they 'get out the vote' in Chicago ?

Where the biggest number of AA's are murdered every year.

Oh wait that doesn't fit their false narrative.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: duaneology
So what?

Yes .. so what .. who cares that the dems are using scare tactics to get the black voting block. As long as they vote for the democratic party it's all good, eh?

The right has been ...

I find it funny when people deflect from the topic by claiming things like ... well the GOP did it first.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Why not? It's the same old tactic you people use when a republican is caught doing something shady.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I hate racism in all forms, and I honestly believe we can have a successful multicultural society, currently we are not successful in this task in certain areas of our society and we can do so much better. Racism does effect the lives of the people in both Ferguson and in Georgia and many other areas of our country. The other huge issue I hate is our police state and our prison industrial complex. I support the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, doesn't everyone?

The question of the thread was is it appropriate for democrats in Georgia to use the Micheal Brown situation in Ferguson as a means to get out the vote?

Is it appropriate for the prison industrial complex to have 16 lobbyists in Georgia? Is it appropriate for Georgia to be ranked 3rd between 2003 and 2012 for campaign contributions from prison corporations?

Georgia currently has the highest rate in the U.S. of individuals under some form of correctional control – probation, parole, prison or jail. While the national average is 1 out of every 31 people is under correctional supervision (prison, jail, probation, parole), Georgia’s rate is 1 out of 13 adults.

In considering ways to improve the criminal justice system in Georgia, it is essential that the Georgia General Assembly examine the privatization of criminal justice functions in the state. Corporations have a financial incentive to further expand the number of people under correctional control, an incentive directly at odds with Georgia taxpayers’ interest in reduc­ing criminal justice spending while prioritizing public safety.

Southerncenterforhumanrights

Are people being oppressed in Georgia and Ferguson? Is this oppression based on race for profit?

Georgia's incarceration rate has almost tripled since the late 70's and early 80's and we know the private prison industry has poured money into state campaigns for at least a decade:

Do these target minority populations?

prisonpolicy

The Ferguson issue made me mad because of the heavy handed tactics used by the police against peaceful protesters, I watched live on live stream as the police formed up like a army then attacked the crowds with flash bangs and tear gas and rubber bullets on multiple occasions.

If you don't think America has a race problem I can see why the democrats using this campaign tactic would make you uncomfortable. If you think America does have a big race problem and continues to use institutionalized racist policies like I do then I reaffirm the use of this tactic. I will always support those fighting for equal rights and the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I don't necessarily agree that the Ferguson situation should be defined by just Micheal Brown as the police reaction to the protesters was horrific and a affront to a open free republic, but it is what it is.

Have you noticed how the Bundy Ranch was ultimately defined by him being a racist, and this situation is also defined by race issues, when both were groups of citizens that had enough and were standing up against the same oppressive government?

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: FlyersFan

Democrats are just as responsible for the state of African Americans than the GOP are. This kind of political campaigning is disgusting.

~Tenth

That statement bears repeating.
This issue is shared by everyone.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Why don't they 'get out the vote' in Chicago ?

Where the biggest number of AA's are murdered every year.

Oh wait that doesn't fit their false narrative.

Social conditions are secondary to controlling faction.
It's in the handbook.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Pa reply to: Hefficide

Also, Georgia is one of six or so, no-holds-barred, dead-even, cut-throat, mid-term elections. It's gloves off on both sides of the aisle and it will all come down to turn out.

Both sides are pulling out all the stops. The ads and robo calls are off the hook with insults, character assassination and fear-mongering.

Personally, I'm voting for all of the younger candidates, as I've had a belly-full of rich old dudes telling me what's best for a state with the worst unemployment and crappy education.
We need new blood, new ideas.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

They can do an give away pamphlets all they want, but GA is been a solid Republican state for a long time. The Democrats and their anti gun minions candidates will never get the vote here.

Beside that GA is a welfare state, and very pro guns that is all the people care about, their welfare checks in the mail and the right to arms.

I know, I live here, my husband and I are the few that got our lives suck away to support that welfare state, if you make money around here, you are the loser.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I don't think the Koch 's have tried with Georgia yet

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
One of the great truisms is "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts." One of the lessons of the Trojan War that is mentioned but not fully taught today. In the 2012 election we all saw the video about the woman in Cleveland Ohio saying Romney sucked because she was told it would be the end of her Obama phone if Romney was elected. These fliers push that same mindset of equating non-related events. LBJ himself said that the welfare system would keep black voters voting Democrat for a hundred years.

The creation of the welfare state, providing a more substantial living that working a low wage job and then implying that easier lifestyle is in jeopardy if the Democrats lose should be illegal. Frankly, the system itself is akin to slavery in that everything is provided so long as you keep voting Democrat (rather than picking cotton). And they sell this idea of helping the downtrodden and other feel good lies when it is a life of suppression. That here is the mark and you will not rise above it nor will your children not their children. You will live in crime ridden neighborhoods because that is the housing being provided.

It just disgusts me. And these fliers just reinforce that idea of follow what I say or bad things will happen. As for the over militarized police forces... There needs to be a little reminder that when a force becomes too forceful, it has become in violation of posse commitus and is therefore unconstitutional. The mayor and town council should also be removed for allowing it to cross the line.

<< 1  2   >>

join