It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Video: America’s Air Dropped Weapons Now in Our Hands

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I.S.I.S. released a video claiming *They* got a weapons supply drop meant for Kurdish fighters.

This apparently happened in Syria near Kobani.

Several possibilities come to mind;

1) This is a propaganda video from ISIS

2) This is a propaganda video from an "enemy" of ISIS

3) The "drop zone" was genuinely miscalculated by mistake ( a genuine error)

4) This is a propaganda video to somehow support the need for ground troops to fight ISIS

5) Or as some conspiracies say, this was as intended

In a new video, ISIS shows American-made weapons it says were intended for the Kurds but actually were air dropped into territory they control.

At least one bundle of U.S. weapons airdropped in Syria appears to have fallen into the hands of ISIS, a dangerous misfire in the American mission to speed aid to Kurdish forces making their stand in Kobani.

ISIS Video: America’s Air Dropped Weapons Now in Our Hands

Anything "Look" Suspicious ??

أسلحة و ذخائر ألقتها الطائرات الأمريكية و سقطت في مناطق سيطرة الدولة الإسلامية بكوباني

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thanks for bringing this to our attention*

If true, just another example of how US weapons fall into enemy hands. Whose running this fiasco?

Oh, wait, never mind. That's racist.

*This video is real but the beheading videos are fake crowd will be along shortly

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess this is more cost effective then selling them to ISIL outright.

More efficient too. (sarcasm) or is it?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It looked to me like the grenades in the first box all had holes in them. Is that normal? ##snipped## not wearing my glasses.
edit on 21-10-2014 by Bovah because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Oct 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Rebel, rebel, this is a mess.

The problem is if you go air dropping anything into a combat zone, it's likely things could go awry. It happened in Arnhem, operation Market Garden, things haven't changed much 70 years on have they?

link   

originally posted by: Bovah
It looked to me like the grenades in the first box all had holes in them. Is that normal? ##snipped## not wearing my glasses.

Maybe they keep the parts separate and assemble them later?

Hmmm

edit on Tue Oct 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

If true, just another example of how US weapons fall into enemy hands. Whose running this fiasco?

Unless you think the President if flying the plane making the drops or planning the drop zones then the failure belongs to the military.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

*OBAMA* is the Commander and thief in Chief.

I asked who was running this fiasco not who was planning, flying, or pushing cargo out the door on the missions.

edit on 21-10-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Oct 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

It looked to me like the grenades in the first box all had holes in them. Is that normal? I'm baked and not wearing my glasses.

Maybe they keep the parts separate and assemble them later?

Hmmm

Hmmmm
It's quite possible.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Why are the white boxes (in the wrapped pile) marked with what looks like Arabic or a language other than English if coming from American Military?

Peace

edit on 21-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
from my estimation...ISIS is going to need them.

they've officially reached Quagmire status in the region...with the Kurds in Iraq and they faltered at Kobani...can't move on Baghdad because they don't now nor ever have possessed the strength to take the capital and can't move south because the Shiites will kill them on sight.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Why are the white boxes (in the wrapped pile) marked with what looks like Arabic or a language other than English if coming from American Military?

Peace

I guess it was meant to be instructions for the Kurds?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

It looked to me like the grenades in the first box all had holes in them. Is that normal? I'm baked and not wearing my glasses.

Unloaded empty grenade hulls. Cast iron fragmentation, Korean era, spray painted green and loosely packed in a box with no fuzes or explosive. I guess the idea is whomever finds them has the time and parts to make them go bang.

Even smokeless powder from old cartridges, a threaded insert and cannon fuze would make them 'sooort' of effective. Expedient solutions. Place in hand, light fuze, throw at enemy so he can throw back.

The other case of grenades are Vietnam era m26 frags loaded in their individual containers in crate with the top spray painted to hide the nomenclature. The yellow tape and yellow lettering on the frag body itself denote Hi explosive (Composition B). I notice the key safety is missing on the one he opened. Go ahead guys try those and see what happens.

My guess is the live stuff is booby trapped. These might be american weapons ( except for the RPG rounds) but they are old issue and my guess they are from the Allies like Turkey, etc.

M26 Fragmentation Grenade

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

One of those white boxes says "Aqua"--- water bottles probably. Thirsty guys? Probably laced with cyanide.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Or maybe intended for ISIS, courtesy of Saudi Arabia?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: intrptr

Or maybe intended for ISIS, courtesy of Saudi Arabia?

Dunno, dunno who brought em, dropped them there or who they are intended for. I do know that method of loading for parachute drop isn't how the US military does it.

Anyone else think that Package is about the the size of a door in a helo?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
They're just throwing a steak in the middle of a bunch of wild dogs. The US probably doesn't care who gets them, as long as they die trying and it works to further destabilize the area. Then they come in and sweep up the mess.

How many troops have come home since Obama took office? How many have died?

edit on 21-10-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Maybe they're boobytrapped.

My uncle used to boobytrap grenades in the old portuguese colony war in africa, he switched the fuse labeling from instant granades whit 6 or 10 second (don't remember that right
) and then leave a boxes near enemy lines and then attract them with some shots to the air.

He said he saw lots of guys go out whit that trick

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

More of that so called 'Change' some people voted for.

Also, ask how large of an increase in Drone Strikes over the same period?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hopefully this was on purpose and we have transmitters installed in the weapons for our missiles to home in on

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join