It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS Video: America’s Air Dropped Weapons Now in Our Hands

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
no fake beheading next, but fake news/propaganda for sure :
- they tried the chemical weapons last year. this year is ISIS (some guys, that nobody knows from or who they are...maybe they are aliens)

the above video helps to put some perspective on this non-sense campaigns to invade "unfriendly"countries ...

edit on 21/10/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: eisegesis

More of that so called 'Change' some people voted for.

Also, ask how large of an increase in Drone Strikes over the same period?

Sorry for the drift xuenchen...

Change?

How about a "change" of cloths. I feel like I'm sitting in the front row of a Ghallager show. Only blood and guts are flying off stage.

edit on 21-10-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

According to this BBC article Islamic State: US probes 'stray Syria air drop' in IS video www.bbc.co.uk... :

"On Monday, the US military said it had carried out air drops of weapons, ammunition and medical supplies to the Kurdish fighters.

It said that 27 bundles had been dropped. A later statement said one bundle went astray but was destroyed to prevent it falling into enemy hands, and that all the others were safely delivered."

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

Obummer is the Commander and thief in Chief.

I asked who was running this fiasco not who was planning, flying, or pushing cargo out the door on the missions.

Still you can't blame him for it being dropped in the wrong place. This happens in every combat situation we have ever been in. To whine it's the president's fault is just ignorance.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

most plausible answer i have seen on this thread so far, when watching the video my 1st thought was that stuff looks old, just did not have the technical knowledge to describe it

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The Guardian said this yesterday...

One official said that while the results of the mission were still being assessed, it appeared that “the vast majority” of the supplies reached the intended Kurdish fighters.

So it was obvious that not all reached "the intended Kurdish fighters"!!!

It was just a matter of time before IS made this claim!

The Guardian Source!!!
edit on 21-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Hopefully this was on purpose and we have transmitters installed in the weapons for our missiles to home in on

The only way that would happen is if our media made it head line news before they shipped them
remember ....osama bin laden and the sat phone
edit on 21-10-2014 by deadcatsrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: SLAYER69

If true, just another example of how US weapons fall into enemy hands. Whose running this fiasco?

Unless you think the President if flying the plane making the drops or planning the drop zones then the failure belongs to the military.

Oh right, because they're NEVER under the authorization of the Commander in Chief (FYI - AKA POTUS) Nice try Buster. Let's see, the buck stops with the Private 1st Class???????

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

a reply to: buster2010

Obummer is the Commander and thief in Chief.

I asked who was running this fiasco not who was planning, flying, or pushing cargo out the door on the missions.

Still you can't blame him for it being dropped in the wrong place. This happens in every combat situation we have ever been in. To whine it's the president's fault is just ignorance.

I'll use this philosophy next time one of my workers makes a mistake. Their mistakes ultimately fall on my shoulders.

If there was a 1% risk of those weapons falling into the wrong hands, I wouldn't authorize it. That is the problem with the military today. They like to perform surgical procedures with a butter knife and then sand the edges with some Justin Beiber fiasco they are sure will take the attention off of themselves. Let me ask you this, is one high profile target worth even one civilian's death?

People are dying because of their miscalculations. They will blow up an entire apartment complex just for one or two high profile targets when they could gather better intel and do it the right way. I imagine you use the shroud of war to justify most of these kinds of mistakes.

edit on 21-10-2014 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Those ole pineapples in the photo are seventy years old WW11 grenades....we have much better ones now.....I call BS...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Guy is missing a few digits on his left hand and for whatever reason I find it odd that his watch face is on the bottom of his wrist and for someone who is presumably fighting in the desert he's got some clean fingernails...

What's also curious is the hand grenades that you see in the black tin at 1:42 appear to say Grenaten Handsplitter DM41 which are German made hand grenades..or so I'm assuming..

It's also interesting to note that in the big box of grenades none of them had the pins or the fuze assembly...do they ship separately...getting late and I'm just starting to ramble...

edit on 22-10-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I believe the only bundle that ISIS got was the one shown. and contains something you will see on the ground behind the cargo pallet.
By the way only the top half of that cargo pallet is supplies the rest is cardboard padding with a pallet in-between.
and this is the parachute system you see.
www.popsci.com...

I believe the grenades and weapons were old iraq stuff they captured and this whole thing is just BS propaganda to get people to think ISIS got a lot of weapons from bad airdrops.

all military weapons and ammo would have been in OD green containers.
upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Why are the white boxes (in the wrapped pile) marked with what looks like Arabic or a language other than English if coming from American Military?

Peace

Because, if one would take the time to look into what was dropped, they are supplies from the Iraqi Kurdistani Government being dropped by the Americans, as the Kurds have no ability to do it themselves. This particular drop didn't contain anything directly supplied by the West, instead it has come from the inventory the Kurds already have, of which some is Western and others are from a variety of different sources.

And I really don't get the indignation from some in this thread - given the fluid nature of the fighting in Kobane coupled with the inherent problems that come with dropping supplies from the air, above an active combat zone, the fact that only one drop went funky is not that bad, actually.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Why are the white boxes (in the wrapped pile) marked with what looks like Arabic or a language other than English if coming from American Military?

Peace

Because the weapons were meant for people who speak Arabic. It would be silly to give them instructions in English.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
from my estimation...ISIS is going to need them.

they've officially reached Quagmire status in the region...with the Kurds in Iraq and they faltered at Kobani...can't move on Baghdad because they don't now nor ever have possessed the strength to take the capital and can't move south because the Shiites will kill them on sight.

It is your mindset that has allowed IS to take most of northern Iraq. They already possess the capability to take Baghdad. What they don't report in the media is that IS now includes the former Baath party, the Republican Guard under Saddam Hussein, now led by Izzat Ibrahim al Douri, the King of Clubs. What the media also will not tell you is that IS is developing new sarin munitions. They are not stupid enough to use old,corroded, leaky munitions from 1991, the last time Iraq had WMD programs. The media will not tell you that former Iraqi air force in IS is training pilots to fly MIGS. The Shiites suck. They will kill noone on sight. They are ill trained and will flee battle like they always do. Baghdad will fall to IS eventually.
edit on 22-10-2014 by Adaluncatif because: spelling

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

The only thing it shows, is that the US is intentionally arming dissidents in all parts of the world. Sending them weapons, cash, even frag grenades ...

However, do notice that they are not showing the "guns" that were delivered... that's an important part that is missing. I suspect, that the reason it's missing, is because those guns are actually AK rifles. Which is the question people should be asking themselves ... are the Russians supplying weapons in a US controlled zone? or are the US supplying Russian made weapons to the scene, to increase the look that the "enemy" is being supplied by Russia.

That's the big question ...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
At least it wasn't pallet fulls of money.

Shrugs.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

I'll use this philosophy next time one of my workers makes a mistake. Their mistakes ultimately fall on my shoulders.

Yes, it does ...

They work for a couple of cents, while your time is worth dollars ... the difference is in the importance of the work. As the worker only carries out, what he is told, and it is YOUR responsibility to ensure he is given the right framework.

You get your "big" bucks, because the responsibility is yours ... if you carry no responsibility, you can live on the same minor wages as the worker ... or less, as you do less.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Adaluncatif

Actually, all those things you've said "the media" won't tell you, they have actually. Which then begs the question, what god-awful media is it you watch/read/listen too?

From the outset, the "media" I pay attention too has reported that the initial IS advance in Iraq was supported by Sunni rebels which included former Saddam loyalists and generic Sunni rebels and I myself posted a thread on former Iraqi Air force pilots training IS to use a few captured Syrian MiGs in Alleppo and yes, the "media" is reporting that IS is not only in possession of, but actually using chemical munitions.

Me thinks you need to go somewhere else for your "media"...

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Yes, the grenades did not have the internal charge, which would be placed in the device later. This is likely because they have them thrown into a box together. The video is very likely authentic, but the question is who the supply drop came from. It is not likely that they would lie about who dropped the supplies, but all they can base their assessment on is what type of plane made the drop, and what they found inside. American weapons and ammunition does not necessarily mean that the US dropped the cache. This is the way that the US would drop a cache of this nature, as the webbing looks right, as does the parachute, meaning this is stuff the US has used in the past. At least I've seen similar when serving in the USAF, but that does not mean the US are the only ones who could have made the drop. The instructions and whatnot were not likely to be in English, since the majority of the Kurds might not speak English, so I'm guessing they are going off of the plane, or the fact that the weapons appear to be of the variety the US uses or manufactures.

I think the US should be dropping weapons to the Kurds, at the very least. I mean if we are going to fight ISIS at least do it correctly, and part of doing it correctly means supporting the Kurds, since they are the only ones putting up any real resistance on the ground. The good news is that this cache will not make or break the fight, meaning it will not be a deciding factor. The US is not going to drop one bundle of explosives, and that is all that was in this drop. There were two types of grenades, as well as anti-personnel or anti-tank systems. I saw at least one, with extra ammunition. The bundle looks big, but you saw the size of the heavy wooden boxes in which the supplies are packaged. I assume that there would have been other drops along with this one, and including things like assault rifles and ammunition for those rifles. They likely would have dropped 7.62 ammunition for the Soviet rifles that the Kurds likely have, and they might have dropped AK's as well, along with US-made rifles. Who knows? But I know that they didn't just drop what we saw in the video, and that appears to be all ISIS recovered. What likely happened is that the drop was made close to where the fighting was going on, and these are being dropped as the plane flies, and this was the tail end or the very beginning of a drop of multiple supply bundles. That is my take on it anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join