It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ebola Czar Snubs House Request to Testify at Ebola Hearing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well ... this is off to a great start, eh? This fella was picked to be Ebola Czar. You'd think he'd know enough about what is going on to go to a few meetings. You'd think he'd want to learn what's going on so he'd attend and get briefed/educated. But no. He's skipping meetings that would help bring him up to speed (being picked as Czar means he should be an expert and he should ALREADY be up to speed!!!).

It's painfully obvious that this was just a political buddy-buddy appointment. This guy got rewarded for his work with Solyndra and for helping Al Gore recount Florida. (reminder - Solyndra was a major failure). Appointment = political payoff.

Ebola czar Ron Klain has snubbed an invitation to testify before a House committee examining how the government is responding to the outbreak of the deadly disease, according to reports.

The White House has told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee that Klain will not appear at the hearing Friday, Fox News reported, citing a committee aide. "The White House has informed us that he has not yet officially started and will not be able to attend Friday," the committee aide told the network.

Klain, a former chief of staff to Vice President Joe Biden and former Vice President Al Gore, would have faced a series of tough questions from the Republican-controlled committee. Klain also skipped two Ebola meetings last week, chaired by President Barack Obama, in the first two days after he was named as the government’s point man in the crisis, the Daily Mail reported.

So are we all sleeping better and do we all feel safer because this investment dude with no Ebola knowledge is now Obama's Ebola Czar???

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Like president, like official. Wonder if he'll be attending any golf courses in the coming weeks.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Septimus
Like president, like official. Wonder if he'll be attending any golf courses in the coming weeks.

Sounded interesting so, I googled.....
First hit:
Ebola Czar Flickr: Golf and Vacations...

Democrat operative Ron Klain, the new Ebola czar, went on at least four vacations in 2014 alone, according to his Flickr account.

The frequent vacationing of Klain raises the question of how much real experience he has.

Klain, a political operative with no health care experience, can be seen hobnobbing with wealthy Democrat donors.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh lordy, Obama is the gift that just keeps on giving isn't he? We'd better get Tiger in here before the next disaster strikes.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Septimus

What's even more funny is in an article I read about that meeting the new "czar" skipped it pointed out Obama attended that meeting directly after spending 4 hours on the golf course.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
To be fair he might have jet lag from all that flying around in his new government jet he may or may not have been doing. Or maybe he's not going to meetings until he gets his jet?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The guy is either at the golf course laughing his backend off at being named Ebola Czar, or he's at home reading 'Ebola for Dummies' so he can at least catch up on the basics' before he presents himself as an expert on how to handle this.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/21/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Can someone please explain to me how a lawyer is equipped with the skills necessary to stave off a pandemic? This guy wasn't even a healthcare administrator and hasn't spent a day working emergency management. Is this effort being designed to fail on purpose?

This is an issue that definitely needs to submitted to the White House, as one of those 100,000 signature deals, ala "Deport Justin Beiber".

Its should read "Please explain how a lawyer is qualified to be the "Ebola Czar" and has the skills necessary to effectively stave off a pandemic". Any response they give, short of replacing him should result in RIOTS!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think we could have picked some random worker at Dunkin Donuts who would take the job more seriously. This guy is a joke.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

I dont believe he was chosen to "stave off an epidemic". I think he was chosen to stave off public awareness, control media spin, and wrap anything considered Ebola related in a heafty coating of red tape. IMO, if they wanted a Czar who really was supposed to do anything about the disease they would have chosen a medical professional with hands-on experience with it. What about Dr Brantley? HIm or people with his experience in dealing with either this Virus specifically or even just an epidemic of any proportion... would be my first choice.

Clearly he was the "best choice" for his position... its just what we believe his position is for and what they say it is for arent exactly the same thing. One only needs to look at his backround to see what the "czar" is really supposed handle.

His Wikipedia

edit on 423155201pm31America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Here's another tid bit on this guy, as to possibly why he was picked & accepted this position
Heard this on the news earlier today....

Administration insiders say Ron Klain, who starts Wednesday as the White House Ebola czar, will be in line to succeed John Podesta as counselor to President Barack Obama when Podesta leaves, likely to chair Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign.

“The president has been talking to Ron about different roles for a long time, and he wouldn’t accept the Ebola job unless there was a promise of something bigger,” said a longtime Klain colleague. Read more: www.politico.com...

Yep, buddies to the end.....
You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours

Typical politician, he doesn't do something unless he gets something back in return

So he may not be taking this position as serious as the public/media expects him to be if for him, Ron Klain, it's only a temporary step to something bigger & better within the administration

He'll be getting a nice 6 figure salary regardless, I would imagine

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Ever since the czar took the reins, MSM has been working hard to bury Ebola, IMHO. The news is all about ISIl, ghastly murders, and "feel good" stories like "Voter to Obama: 'Don't Touch My Girlfriend.'" Why haven't we seen more about the hissing and booing and walk-outs that EbolaBama got? Not newsworthy?

Old Ron is spinning. Not for the elections so much, but for Obama.
Ebola isn't even on the radar.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

*Jedi Mind Wave*

These are not the Czars you've been looking for. . . . . .

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

The White House has informed us that he has not yet officially started...

I imagine he is still getting his and his friends investment companies ready to make money of this situation. When that is done he will start the position and get the money moving.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I find all this crap that is going on now...is staggering !! what went wrong? the level of total and utter incompetence...and people voted for them!!

You couldn't make this CR@p up!! lol....I believe now that the lunatics have taken over the asylum!! and its getting beyond a joke now !!lol

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Has something happened to CNN? Is the Czar serving Kool-Aid? For a while, a few anchors were asking hard questions. Did someone lean on the advertisers, and the advertisers leaned on the networks? Or is everything hunky-dory? Anderson Cooper is full of sugar and spice tonight. Nurse Nina has been upgraded, the NBC cameraman is Ebola free, and the new travel rules should put everyone's minds at ease.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
They are just plain "in your face" with all their b*llsh*t these days.

They know that most people don't know, don't care, and don't want to know. Those that do, like us, are simply given the finger.

Klain has been given this position for some other reason. There is no ebola epidemic....yet. However, there is some legal manipulation that needs to get done before the real agenda kicks in and I have a feeling this is the man that will do the groundwork.

Their scheme to pull the wool over the eyes of the American people was probably hatched on the golf course out of earshot and loose lips. We will find out in time what his real job is, I guess.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The latest insult to the American people via the poser in chief.Appointing,of course,another poser.Of course the"EbolaCzar"doesn't wish to answer any embarrassing questions from the house reps.Like his lack of any qualifications pops into mind.
Years ago the media would be all over this.Now they simply act as silent,willing accomplices to the lies.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

This man is a nothing more than a court jester who will dance around and juggle the lies being put forward. I really have to wonder why they would pick this fool. He has no experience with anything like this. If this does get worse people will demand answers and how on earth could you justify putting this idiot in charge.

Thankfully for the PTB the average person is trying too escape reality rather than see it. Everybody is looking at a cell phone screen trying to keep connected to what little sanity they have left.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Any of you bothered to find out what his job description is? It has nothing to do with the medical aspects of the disease. It is a coordinating position. It's his job to facilitate communication and coordination between government agencies which are dealing with the threat of ebola.

A medical expert would be worse than useless in such a role, they have more direct concerns and can their skill can be better applied.

Klain is a bureaucrat, appointed to do a bureaucrat's job. He hasn't even started yet, what good would standing in front of the House to say "I will look into that" do?

edit on 10/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join