It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hallucinogenic Plants May Be Key to Decoding Ancient Southwestern Paintings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: HighProfile

Infinity to some or Birth, Death, Rebirth to some others also a form of infinity I suppose.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Form Constants

A form constant is one of several geometric patterns which are recurringly observed during hallucinations and altered states of consciousness.

[Klüver’s] analysis of hallucinatory phenomena appearing chiefly during the first stages of mescaline intoxication yielded the following form constants: [emphasis original] (a) grating, lattice, fretwork, filigree, honeycomb, or chessboard; (b) cobweb; (c) tunnel, funnel, alley, cone or vessel; (d) spiral.

Did you folks know that it is thought by some that the patterns found in Persian rugs originated in the minds of those under the influence of Syrian rue?

edit on 18-10-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I read the same thing some considerable time ago.... Don't have much more to add but a knowing smile, it's really fairly clear when you've made soup with the wrong (right) ingredients.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Its today with things like the church blocking the use of drugs incase someone decides to leave its fold as they can access a closer relationship with God via that experience, rather than no relationship just a token one through the priest.

If a person with unbiased eyes looks at the people who use such...shamans in tribal situations or anyone else it is clear that it does not cause a good outcome.

Watching the old black and whites of anthropologist trips into the backcountry you see these sorry drugged out groups of men sitting and doing zero for anyone. The same is true today...relationship with God...I don't think so, a person with a relationship with God is highly productive and you can see and feel the outcome of that relationship.

Hallucinatory drugs makes people stop living and live in a dream world. It hurts their families and takes them away from everyone.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

a veil was lifted, or a boundary was dissolved, which allowed the living to receive communications from relatives or other loved ones who've passed on.

Or they are easily misled because their guard is down.

Ecclesiastes 9:5

a veil was lifted, or a boundary was dissolved, which allowed the living to receive communications from relatives or other loved ones who've passed on.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Fascinating theory that makes sense when you take into account shamanic practices and how large of a role psychedelics had on early tribal/hunter gatherer societies.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

What part of that Roman design represents "infinity" and why?

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighProfile
a reply to: SLAYER69

What part of that Roman design represents "infinity" and why?

The square that has the design like a celtic knot, it was used just about everywhere on earth.
en.wikipedia.org...

The endless knot has been described as "an ancient symbol representing the interweaving of the Spiritual path, the flowing of Time and Movement within That Which is Eternal. All existence, it says, is bound by time and change, yet ultimately rests serenely within the Divine and the Eternal.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Dude, datra grows naturally over the usa. Its really not great its not psychedelic but its a dissociative it is not a pleasant feeling.many people experience heart arythmia, it is deadly even in small quantities, this chemical is a cheap mans high. I cant imagine cave art being drawn by people on datura.maybe by people drawing heir stupid ass friends on datura.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I had suggested from a science Journal Peyote may have been the influence.

Peyote was known to the Chichimeca and Toltec at least 1890 years before the arrival of the Europeans.

peyote.org...

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
In my spirit quest travels, I have experienced the wave form as more than a visual experience.
As is the Paisley world where there is little differentiation between sight, sound and a sense that transcends what is commonalty accepted as reality.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Mianeye

Dude, datra grows naturally over the usa. Its really not great its not psychedelic but its a dissociative it is not a pleasant feeling.many people experience heart arythmia, it is deadly even in small quantities, this chemical is a cheap mans high. I cant imagine cave art being drawn by people on datura.maybe by people drawing heir stupid ass friends on datura.

Copy that!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Here,

Wanna see a datura trip...

Start it at 1:57, and remember: stay away from datura.

Carlos Castenada was a lying sack of bull#.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Well that my friend is definitely more likely, and pleasurable.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Even hard core Shamans fear Datura.
It is an evil plant spirit, and is highly toxic.

edit on 18-10-2014 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rom12345
Even hard core Shamans fear Datura.
It is an evil plant spirit, and is highly toxic.

I have taken it for a spin. Highly not recommended.
Bufotenine is another one I can say from experience is best avoided.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Induced mystical experiences should not be taken lightly, and are not for habitual hedonism.
There are the teachers, and there are malevolent poisons.
You can seek the truth, you may not like what you find.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

Right but the roman design we were talking about is not connected, it's obviously two seperated pieces......

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

But the revelations provided are pure delirium without any mystical or enchanting qualities i have enjoyed rainbow riding as much as the next guy. But i will never take care of idiots on datura who use it no knowing how deadly it is, and furthermore that the high provided is not even the slightest enjoyable, and temporarily makes you a mentally retarded.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

edit on 18-10-2014 by rom12345 because: (take the 5th)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join