It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Ohio schools closed amid Ebola scare

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: FlyersFan

I do not agree with you when you say it was her fault. If she gained permission then that is above her.

To be honest, they both share responsibility
Her working in the medical field, she should know better unless she's like many others that think, 'Oh that can't happen to me'

It's carelessness like this that MAY cause more than 1 or 2 people to get infected
Is it worth taking a risk to find out when it could be easily prevented?

Yes, more needs to be done in the hospitals, nurses have spoken out about that

Clearly with all the guess work going on surrounding Ebola, no one is 100% certain of anything just yet

And the director of the CDC does not give me any confidence what so ever with his ignorant remark he gave that was posted earlier

edit on 16-10-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

I agree, from the let go the whole entire ebola business with the first man bringing ebola to the US is been noithing but joke, amid the incompetence and moronic actions of our own so call leaders, we as a nation are run by nothing but mentally challenged officials.

I wish I could had more color to the name calling but I can not.

We as a nation that now is facing a possible pandemic that could just very easily could have been contained need to evaluate what kind of buffoons and bubble heads, are taking care of our safety and those of your children.

Is not excused, for such incredible stupidity, no excuse, We maybe an educated nation but most of the time the way our society is been manipulated is for people not to take responsibilities for their actions and blame others but at the same time accept to have every aspect of life monitored and taken by the hand

We as a nation as it stand today have not leadership but whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

it looks like she probably was sick and showing symptoms BEFORE she went to Ohio. Stupid freakn' woman flew around the country with active Ebola for 5 days all so she could go bridesmaid dress shopping.
Ebola Stricken Nurse Showed Symptoms BEFORE She Flew To Ohio To Go Bridesmaid Dress Shopping

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

it looks like she probably was sick and showing symptoms BEFORE she went to Ohio. Stupid freakn' woman flew around the country with active Ebola for 5 days all so she could go bridesmaid dress shopping.
Ebola Stricken Nurse Showed Symptoms BEFORE She Flew To Ohio To Go Bridesmaid Dress Shopping

Bridesmaid dress shopping, REALLY???????????

To be honest, in a worst case scenario, do you realize how many people she might have put in jeopardy?

People she talked to when boarding the plane
The people near her ON the plane
Taxi cab driver if she used a taxi or if she rented a car, the people there
Next is the wedding shop and the women there
Not to mention any objects she handled from one place to another that others may touch
Cash & credit cards as well

See the picture forming?

What if this was more serious than they suspect, that would be dozens of people
Then you have to add into the factor of those people that may spread it to their friends/families/strangers and so on and so forth

What a domino affect it could create all because of ignorance and selfishness

Not meaning to be a scare monger, just aware of how serious a SHTF scenario like that could become

edit on 16-10-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It is being reported now that the cdc tempature threshold was 100.5 to not fly. She called in and reported her 99.5 temp and they allowed her to fly. That is totally on them. Spin it or twist it but they are paid to set the proper guidelines for protection and they failed but not completly yet. We are at the point where they can stop this if they follow the right path.

Saying that flu kills 50000 people every year is not comparable because if this spreads much further then it has potential to pass those numbers this winter.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
What is the death rate for white ebola victims being treated in the us?
What is the death rate for black ebola victims being treated in the us?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Really? how do you know she was lying in order to be able to fly home for shopping and planning?

She had a PhD for god sake, she took care of patient zero when he was puking and had diarrhea all over the place, she knew she was with and ebola patient, her PhD is now on stupidity.

Miss Vinson was one of the nurses at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital to treat Duncan when he was admitted a second time on September 28, in the first 'high-risk' days when there is a high volume of bodily fluids from projectile vomiting, bleeding and explosive diarrhea.

From Flyers source.

The women needs to be prosecuted!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Is not about color is about blood type in order to get the plasma from one of the surviving ebola infected doctors.

If you are not Type A blood, you are crap out of luck, I am type O so I am in crap right now if I get sick.

How about that.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Bigburgh says...( why is my statement in grey color ?

That's it! ( claps hands together and throws them to the air ).
I'm Out!
Something is not sitting right about the article.

But if this is true.
And somehow schools got exposed..

Then this has gone "Full on Stupid"!

Thanks for the link Flyersfan.

( thinking to self.... the movie IDIOCRACY ... so this is happening? Not a shred of common sense.. noping head gesture.
).....thpppppp!
edit on 16-10-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2014 by Bigburgh because: why is it in grey as if it was part of the mods statement

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Um, excuse my ignorance but...what does skin color have to do with anything related to Ebola?
No need to play the race card, is there?

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

She does not pay herself to work nor set the guidelines at her job. This scene could likely be repeated again and she will not be involved but the people that allowed her to fly will be involved and if they do not have the proper guidelines set then it will get worse. I never said she lied or not but only that she gained permission from her bosses. It would be equalivent to them allowing duncan to go to mcdonalds in the middle of being treated. The fact is that the bounderies will be tested over and over again and the cdc needs to have a plan that works.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Was that the race card? patient zero (black) lied about his illness and delayed his own treatment. He was not a blood match so he couldn't receive the plasma with antibodies. Ebola Nurse #2 (black) decided to go on vacation while sick and delayed her own treatment by about a week. On the other hand, Nurse #1 (Asian) IMMEDIATELY got medical help when she noticed symptoms. She is 'doing well'. And the other few ebola patients (white) also got themselves immediate treatment and they were blood matches so they could received plasma with antibodies.

No racism. Not one bit.

edit on 10/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

Um, excuse my ignorance but...what does skin color have to do with anything related to Ebola?

Right now it looks like a 100% death rate for blacks and a 100% non-lethel rate for non blacks. Add to that the two nurses being treated right now the black one is in poor condition and the asian one is doing well.
edit on 16-10-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

she gained permission from her bosses. .

Like I said ... if I gained permission from the town cops to go drive around drunk, would that mean that I had no culpability for running people over and killing them? No. It's on me because I know better. Common sense. Same with Ebola Nurse #2. She knew better. 'Permission' isn't an excuse for deadly stupidity.

edit on 10/17/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan I am not implying racism on anyones part unless they are controlling the virus. I am saying that it is starting to look as if blacks are being killed by the virus more than anyone else. That is not to say it only effects one color of people but that it is deathly to blacks more than others.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Right now it looks like a 100% death rate for blacks and a 100% non-lethel rate for non blacks.

The ONE black man who died did so because he delayed his own treatment by lying about ebola and by him traveling around the world while sick. He also wasn't a blood match for the plasma with antibodies.

The four nonblack ebola victims got immediate treatment because they didn't lie and two (or three) of them received plasma with antibodies because they were a blood match (type A blood).

Again .. no racism

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

Right now it looks like a 100% death rate for blacks and a 100% non-lethel rate for non blacks.

Oh come one...that's ridiculous

The man from Liberia first of all lied about where he was coming from when boarding the plane
Finally when he got real sick and went to the hospital, that is when he came clean about him just coming from Liberia

From all accounts I read on him, the hospital did what they knew to do
So you think they let he die because he was black?

Pardon me, but now THAT is ignorant

Not to mention nearly 70 people put their health at risk trying to save him

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

No, she is in bad shape now, because she chose to go shopping infect some people in her way, shop for dresses, infect more people in her way, then when she could no keep up anymore, infected more people, came back to get treated, ebola has to be treated right away no wait days after the first symptoms shows, she took the same path as Mr. patient zero, once you have that diarrhea and start vomiting you are out of luck

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Was that the race card? patient zero (black) lied about his illness and delayed his own treatment. He was not a blood match so he couldn't receive the plasma with antibodies. Ebola Amber (black) decided to go on vacation while sick and delayed her own treatment by about a week. On the other hand, Nurse #1 (Asian) IMMEDIATELY got medical help when she noticed symptoms. She is 'doing well'. And the other few ebola patients (white) also got themselves immediate treatment and they were blood matches so they could received plasma with antibodies.

No racism. Not one bit.

Gave me an idea..
Folks.. go give your own blood.
Save it at the banks..yes blood banks do this. Common practice for folks about to have surgeries.
Have a lab do their magic with it.
That way, when you get sick.. you have a nice purified anti-bodied..... ready to go batch
edit on 16-10-2014 by Bigburgh because: stupid is stupid does

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That view is the high road and will not protect us. You can not count on people to do the right thing all the time that is why we have laws. Demonizing someone following the rules givin to her is not the answer either. The answer is to have a set of guidelines that take into account the spiritual forces that people are under or how others see it the things that make people do stupid thing. There will be no shortage of bad decisions so the rules need to be tight dealing with this. Them cops you mentioned would be fired and you would be in jail because long ago we set rules or laws we needed to deal with the situation you bring up about drunk driving. In your scenerio it is not just you breaking protocal but the police as well. That is why we need the right policies to deal with this.

Now look at this from another angle of the people hired to decontaminate the apartments. They have their own standards the felt they needed to go above the cdc guidelines and they seem to be doing things right.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join