It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are kids reall this bored?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

How bored do you have to be risk your own life for fun?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Here. One of ya'll hold my beer and wartch this.

Part of my anatomy crawled up into my stomach watching that. Thanks a lot!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I think we're watching some major fails here, but they're not the fails you think they are. You're thinking that these boys are failing in trying to jump over cars. I think the fail is on the part of the process of natural selection in to doing its job and removing them from the gene pool.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Idiocracy

This kind of stuff makes me think of the movie Idiocracy.
I have 3 boys and have (unfortunately) spent a decent amount of time watching these videos. One conclusion that I have been able to draw is that the people who post this stuff want to become youtube famous. I am proud (??? supportive is a better word) to say that I am a parent of a tweenager who is instagram famous. But at least it's car related stuff. Not these types of shenanigans.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The struggle is real... The contamination in the gene pool has gone past the red alert level.

Wth? We had a lot less entertainment when I was a kid and I don't know of anybody that would have tried something so utterly retarded. Not counting the fact that you were damn lucky of you had a car... you knew your parents would beat your arse if they caught you treating it that way. Stack that on top of the doctor's bills and lawsuits when someone's less bright child harmed their own not quite bright child.

I don't even.... That's... All I can do is shake my head. With all of the entertainment these kids have at their fingertips, they choose this.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Har har. That's a new one. I'm sure you're quite the stud yourself.

Why post this thread honestly. You watched the whole video only then to set up the punching bag here, then criticize it/them? Crotchety much? What the hell do you do for fun...jeez. Shocker, no one should care.

It'd be one thing if people watched only part of the video then made their comments, but I'm sure you watched the entire thing and obviously had an interest in it, who's really the idiots here. You're dumber than they are.

edit on 10/15/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Turq1
What the hell do you do for fun...jeez. Shocker, no one should care.

He/she probably doesn't post what they do for fun on a website that has the option to thumbs up or thumbs down the dumbassery.

Nobody would care what these kids did if they didn't post it publicly for the "lulz". Seeing as how they did, it's fair game.

edit on 10/15/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: Turq1
What the hell do you do for fun...jeez. Shocker, no one should care.

He/she probably doesn't post what they do for fun on a website that has the option to thumbs up or thumbs down the dumbassery.

Nobody would care what these kids did if they didn't post it publicly for the "lulz". Seeing as how they did, it's fair game.

Missing the point...again, goes for you too, what the hell do you do for fun that is so fantastic and worthwhile? So fantastic and amazing, that everyone should be doing it. Because obviously everyone shouldn't be doing this.

You shouldn't care what these kids do to begin with. And more accurately, nobody -does- care what these "kids" do. A vid on youtube and a meager thread on ATS is hardly an accomplishment.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm guessing the OP was never a teenage boy who did stupid crap for attention. I know I certainly did.

Do I think what these boys are doing is dumb? Sure I do. I got a few good laughs out of it though, so I'm guessing it served its purpose.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Turq1

I'm not missing any point. My idea of fun isn't up for discussion because I don't post it online for everyone to voice an opinion on.

And again... I could not care less what these kids do and I would have never known about it had they not posted it online for everyone (yet again) to view. When you do that, you are asking for comments and opinions. If you don't want comments and opinions, then the best thing to do is keep it to yourself. If one had contracted genital warts and broadcasted it through all the MSM then found themselves without a sleeping partner... That would be equally as ignorant.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over what these kids are doing or what it results in, but I will certainly call out dumbassery when something is posted up asking for comments/opinions.

That's the point.

They don't need me to not think it's an ignorant hobby to continue in enjoying it.

edit on 10/16/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
They should redirect their boredom to lurking ATS. Maybe they'll learn something.
edit on 15/10/2014 by alexball because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Their problem is that the car is moving too slowly. Get it up to about 60 or so. Then we'll have something to watch.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
When I was that age we were taking rides on the top of the cabs of pickup trucks driving over dirt roads in the mountains. Just stick our heads over the center of the windshield, legs out over the bed and hanging on for dear life to the open window sills. Finally found out it was just plain stupid.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
wow that just hurt watching it....these kids really need to find other sources of entertainment....on the upside for the entrepreneurs out there is clearly a business for "home stunt kits" ...just pack it with a stack hat,a few band aids and a head mounted action camera...all for the bargain price of $149.99 and all that would be needed is a few slogans like "make your own action movies at home" or "hey are you the next action hero"

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'll tell you what. Insurance companies rob you based on the credit score of persons you merely know, your housemates, regardless of whether or not they drive, and input from tell tale drivers with the snitch-anonymously-on-anyone-who passes-you-in-traffic app. Also, camera feeds are doubtless at their disposal. Everywhere. If you are broke enough, financially, you may be uninsurable at any price, regardless of your driving record, or lack of a single claim for damages on your behalf. They will use everything they know about everyone you know as a way to boost their executive log output.

I didn't look too closely, but it looks like plate numbers aren't exactly obscured. There's not much doubt that the premiums will skyrocket for all parties involved, for reasons that are obvious. I do wonder if the insurance agent offers up video proof of why their rates just tripled?

# 297

edit on 16-10-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Boys will be boys. As for the comments on natural selection, I am sure knowing how to avoid getting run over by a car would of saved a few people. A few bumps and bruises is better than broken bones and busted organs.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   

From watching this one can only conclude that it has been too long since we had a major war.

For sure these guys would be big medal winners.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If that was my kid, he'd be grounded for life. What an idiot!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Way funnier than expected.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Did this all start with Kobe Bryant jumping a car? I'm a Laker fan so I remember that.

6 Years ago, is that the start? i don't know but he did say don't try this at home. LOL

edit on 16-10-2014 by nrd101 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join