It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting plot for a novel - Man with Ebola flies to Dallas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Amazon plot description

Just randomly found this on Amazon. I find the plot description to be a bit suspicious and ironic.

My rendition of the description - "A man from Africa infected with Ebola makes his way to Dallas. People are told not to fear the disease, although it is a bioweapon".

Is this selective programming? Or just a fluke?

I recall a spinoff of the x-files doing an episode called the "smoking gun", where terrorists fly planes into the WTC...this was aired I believe in march of 2001.

Mods, feel free to move this into another forum. Wasn't sure if it belongs here or in Literature.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sparkymedic

Now, this is truly fascinating. Question: Why Dallas, do you think?

And, do you happen to know where deadly viral outbreak began in Stephen King' s novel, The Stand?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Link isn't working for me?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Read "The Stand". It's been done before.

Man [Thomas Duncan/Soldier Charlie] knows he has a disease and escapes from where he contracted the disease [Liberia/Military complex]. When he dies, he does so in the proximity of people [Dallas Hospital/Hapscomb's Service Station somewhere in Texas] who knows he dies from a sickness, but don't really know what it is or what to do about it if they did. Meanwhile, the people who manufactured it are now at the mercy of that which they created. And the people contracted to contain the disease [CDC/Military Doctors] are ineffective because the people who manufactured it gave them limited information about it in the name of national security.

People in both scenarios are screwed. Who says fiction can't mimic real life?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Very weird!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin

And, do you happen to know where deadly viral outbreak began in Stephen King' s novel, The Stand?

I'm not sure to be honest as to why Dallas. They do have a lot of guns in Texas... Do they not? Connecticut is apparently under a form of soft martial law due to ebola...perhaps a test for Texas? Truly I don't know...just speculation.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Hope none of his other books come true.

If so...

In its relentless pursuit of nuclear weapons, Iran never lost sight of one thing: their use would almost certainly invite retaliation. Unless her enemies could first be brought to their knees by other means, the likelihood of emerging unscathed from such a cataclysm would be almost nil.

The US, the UK and Israel must be rendered incapable of responding, their militaries struck down inside their submarines and silos, their governments laid low and their populations devastated - all by an enemy far more ancient than Iran. Only then could Iran hope to at last erase the Jews from the face of the Earth.

Bio, book summaries, interesting pic of author
edit on 15-10-2014 by raedar because: repaired link

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Well, there ya go...Dallas county is in a 'state of emergency". Do rights get suspended under such a declaration?

Not saying that such a declaration is a bad thing. You don't mess around with Ebola....its NOT the flu.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic

Well, there ya go...Dallas county is in a 'state of emergency". Do rights get suspended under such a declaration?

Not saying that such a declaration is a bad thing. You don't mess around with Ebola....its NOT the flu.

WHOA!!!!! Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

Scratch that. They are have holding off on the state of emergency. Cuz...you know, Ebola is a really weak virus.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Crazy crazy crazy. I read the plot description and he got the chills.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

a reply to: bludragin

Scratch that. They are have holding off on the state of emergency. Cuz...you know, Ebola is a really weak virus.

Okay, seriously, if this keeps up, I will completely believe that a depopulation agenda is real...
edit on bThursday00000016Thu, 16 Oct 2014 20:24:19 -0500pm82410 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Illegals have poured into Texas this year by the tens of thousands, carrying all manner of disease. Now, the Ebola-carrying Liberian's destination just happened to be Texas.

It is true that there are lots of guns in Texas...lots. The majority of true Texans are stalwart 2A supporters and Stephen King is not. He even wrote an essay called "Guns" where he addresses the gun policy of America and takes some swipes at the NRA. So, Mr. King has a definite interest in this topic.

Moving on.....

There is a discussion in one of the recent threads about the Ready Reserve Corps. It made me think of this thread here and how everything seems to be weaving together in a perfect storm right now.

The establishment of this incarnation of the RRC is laid out in Sec. 5210 of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Think about that for a minute. It was specifically included in The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

SEC. 5210. ESTABLISHING A READY RESERVE CORPS. Section 203 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 204) is amended to read as follows: ‘‘SEC. 203. COMMISSIONED CORPS AND READY RESERVE CORPS. ‘‘(a) ESTABLISHMENT.— ‘‘(1) IN GENERAL.—There shall be in the Service a commissioned Regular Corps and a Ready Reserve Corps for service in time of national emergency. ‘‘(2) REQUIREMENT.—All commissioned officers shall be citizens of the United States and shall be appointed without regard to the civil-service laws and compensated without regard to the Classification Act of 1923, as amended. ‘‘(3) APPOINTMENT.—Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall be appointed by the President and commissioned officers of the Regular Corps shall be appointed by the President with the advice and consent of the Senate. ‘‘(4) ACTIVE DUTY.—Commissioned officers of the Ready Reserve Corps shall at all times be subject to call to active duty by the Surgeon General, including active duty for the purpose of training. ‘‘(5) WARRANT OFFICERS.—Warrant officers may be appointed to the Service for the purpose of providing support to the health and delivery systems maintained by the Service and any warrant officer appointed to the Service shall be considered for purposes of this Act and title 37, United States Code, to be a commissioned officer within the Commissioned Corps of the Service. ‘‘(b) ASSIMILATING RESERVE CORP OFFICERS INTO THE REGULAR CORPS.—Effective on the date of enactment of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, all individuals classified as officers in the Reserve Corps under this section (as such section existed on the day before the date of enactment of such Act) and serving on active duty shall be deemed to be commissioned officers of the Regular Corps. ‘‘(c) PURPOSE AND USE OF READY RESEARCH.— ‘‘(1) PURPOSE.—The purpose of the Ready Reserve Corps is to fulfill the need to have additional Commissioned Corps personnel available on short notice (similar to the uniformed service’s reserve program) to assist regular Commissioned Corps personnel to meet both routine public health and emergency response missions. ‘‘(2) USES.—The Ready Reserve Corps shall— ‘‘(A) participate in routine training to meet the general and specific needs of the Commissioned Corps; ‘‘(B) be available and ready for involuntary calls to active duty during national emergencies and public health crises, similar to the uniformed service reserve personnel; ‘‘(C) be available for backfilling critical positions left vacant during deployment of active duty Commissioned Corps members, as well as for deployment to respond to public health emergencies, both foreign and domestic; and ‘‘(D) be available for service assignment in isolated, hardship, and medically underserved communities (as defined in section 799B) to improve access to health services. “(d) FUNDING.—For the purpose of carrying out the duties and responsibilities of the Commissioned Corps under this section, there are authorized to be appropriated $5,000,000 for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014 for recruitment and training and $12,500,000 for each of fiscal years 2010 through 2014 for the Ready Reserve Corps.’’.

It is only funded through 2014! (Elections in a couple of weeks, remember.)

edit on 16-10-2014 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Wow...you just blew my mind. My god I forgot all about this legislation. How do you see them using the Ready Reserve Corp?

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Sorry, Sparkymedic. I just now saw your post and question. As far as the RRC goes, I am keeping a close watch on how it evolves and for what purposes it may be deployed.

The fact that this was specifically included in Obamacare among the gazillion pages of confusion is interesting to say the least. I don't know if you read the link connecting the CDC with so-called "gun violence", but it never hurts to keep a wary eye out for all these little threads that sometimes come together in surprisingly well-woven tapestries.

new topics

top topics

join