It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Refuse to Shhh! The Doctrine of Harpocrates (Silence) - ATS Members UNITE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
"The theory claims that these artists know about the secret inner workings of this dark world and they use this as leverage to let others know that they are down with the inner sanctum. "LINK

The word Hypocrite means - Saying one thing, yet doing another. Shhhh!

Societies love their symbolism and secrets, but none more than this symbol. Take the clues below and decipher the symbol to its fullest meaning. Leave no stone unturned. What are they keeping secret? If you find the unholy trinity, then follow it back to the truth and come out of Egypt. Pick up your things and leave Babylon before it is destroyed. Know the truth and speak it.

WIKI: ""And since in practically all the temples where Serapis and Isis were worshiped there was also a figure that seemed to enjoin silence by a finger pressed against its lips, Varro thinks this had the same meaning, that no mention should be made of their having been human beings""

"The Sign of Harpocrates: The Sign of Silence The right foot is facing forward, with the left foot turned toward the left slightly behind it. Bring the right forefinger to the lips, like telling someone “shhh.” This is often done right after giving the sign of the Enterer, to cut off the energy channel created by charging a symbol."LINK

Performing the rituals in Israel Regardie’s The Golden Dawn or other Ceremonial Magick texts will require that the practitioner know how to give a number of signs, but there is often no reference as to where to find them. These signs were typically given to initiates during initiations. The following are Aleister Crowley’s Signs of the Grades for the A.’.A.’., which are based on the signs from the Golden Dawn initiatory system (more precisely, the Stella Matutina, a Golden Dawn-inspired order that Regardie was a member of in London).
"LINK

WIKI
"In late Greek mythology as developed in Ptolemaic Alexandria, Harpocrates (Ancient Greek: Ἁρποκράτης) is the god of silence. Harpocrates was adapted by the Greeks from the Egyptian child god Horus. To the ancient Egyptians, Horus represented the newborn Sun, rising each day at dawn. When the Greeks conquered Egypt under Alexander the Great, they transformed the Egyptian Horus into their Hellenistic god known as Harpocrates, a rendering from Egyptian Har-pa-khered or Heru-pa-khered (meaning "Horus the Child")."

""These gods are the same as those who in Egypt are called Serapis and Isis,[2] though Harpocrates with his finger makes a sign to me to be quiet. The same first gods were in Latium called Saturn and Ops.""

""Upon her Isis' brow stood the crescent moon-horns, garlanded with glittering heads of golden grain, and grace of royal dignity; and at her side the baying dog Anubis, dappled Apis, sacred Bubastis and the god who holds his finger to his lips for silence sake."["

"("e") Then withdraw the left foot, and place the right forefinger upon the lips, so that you are in the characteristic position of the God Harpocrates["See" Illustration in Vol. I. No. 1, "The Silent Watcher."]" LIBER O - Sacred Text Archive "12. Finally, let the student cause his imagined body in which he supposes himself to have been travelling to coincide with the physical, tightening his muscles, drawing in his breath, and putting his forefinger to his lips. Then let him "awake" by a well-defined act of will, and soberly and accurately record his experiences."

edit on 15-10-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

So in essence, the Librarian I dealt with in my youth was a Devil worshiper?

I shall tell her to come out of Babylon and rush to whatever Deity you say will fix her post haste!

But I am disappointed you didn't post that same video you always post. It's become sort of a tag line.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If the 'Secret' were to be told it would be received as just another 'Crack Pot' conspiracy theory. Meanwhile, it's clues are all around us. Just figure out how all the pieces in plain site fit together.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Sometimes I feel like I'm a fusion of two animals that do not belong together. What have you found of Anubis? I have had many dreams of him and his jackals snapping at my heels while I smack at them with staves to scatter them into dust. Are these enemies of the light? What do they represent?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

SHHHHHH

Im your master now dont tell anyone

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The rose is also associated with Harpocrates:

The rose can also emblematically represent secrecy, and we see the phrase "sub rosa" which is Latin for "under the rose" used to denote secrecy or confidentiality. When assembled, if it was to be understood that anything said in the meeting was to never be repeated elsewhere, the Romans would hang roses from, or paint them on, the ceiling above the table - "sub rosa". The use of the rose as a symbol for secrecy goes back to ancient Greek and Egyptian mythology, where the rose was also a symbol for the god Horus (son of Isis). Although Horus was the sky god, represented by a man with a falcon for a head, he was sometimes represented as a child. In Egyptian artwork, the child was often represented by a naked child with his finger on his mouth as if sucking on it, to denote youth, but the Greeks misunderstood this gesture to mean "secrecy". The Greek's translated the name of Horus to which they now have the Harpocrates, the god of silence. It was adapted in Greek lore that Aphrodite gave her son, Eros (or Cupid), a rose. He in turn gave this rose to Harpocrates, god of silence, as a bribe to make sure that the indiscretions of the gods and goddesses were kept "under wraps", concealed. Harpocrates was often represented as a chubby infant with a finger to his mouth.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Sometimes I feel like I'm a fusion of two animals that do not belong together. What have you found of Anubis? I have had many dreams of him and his jackals snapping at my heels while I smack at them with staves to scatter them into dust. Are these enemies of the light? What do they represent?

VERY, VERY NICE!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Horus=Harpocrates, or child of ISIS in the ISIS Cult. Essentially, this is what Shhh means, or the thought that Horus is the true story of Jesus.

"In the British Museum there is a 2nd century terracotta from this area depicting Harpcrates, along with Isis and Anubis. Harpocrates is the Graeco-Egyptian name for Horus, son of Isis, who puts his finger to his lips in a gesture that overtly signifies his infancy, but covertly enjoins silence on those who understand him. As the son of Osiris, Harpocrates is a symbol of the soul, reborn in its purified state. His gesture enjoins silence on initiates of the mysteries. In classical legend, Cupid bribes Harpocrates with a rose not to betray the amours of Venus. In the tale of his metamorphosis, Lucius Apuleius relates how he restored himself from an ass to human form by devouring a crown of roses proffered to him by a priest of Isis."

ROSE

"The Queen of Heaven appears in a vision to him and explains to him how he can be returned to human form by eating the crown of roses that will be held by one of her priests during a religious procession the following day. In return for his redemption, Lucius is expected to be initiated through the Navigium Isidis into Isis’ priesthood (Isis being the Queen of Heaven’s true name, according to her). Lucius follows her instructions and is returned to human form and, at length, initiated into her priesthood. Lucius is then sent to his ancestral home, Rome, where he continues to worship Isis, under the local name, Campensis. After a time, he is visited once more by the goddess who speaks again of mysteries and holy rites which Lucius comes to understand as a command to be initiated into the cult of Isis. He does so. Shortly afterwards, he receives a third vision. Though he is confused, the god appears to him and reassures him that he is much blessed and that he is to become once more initiated that he might supplicate in Rome as well. The story concludes with the goddess, Isis, appearing to Lucius and declaring that Lucius shall rise to a prominent position in the legal profession and that he shall be appointed to the College of Pastophori that he might serve Osiris and Isis’ mysteries. Lucius is so happy that he goes about freely exposing his bald head."

The Golden Ass

Allagorical Meaning in the Golden Ass

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

VERY, VERY NICE!!!

In other words, those who think they know the true mysteries of all sacred texts are saying, "Shhhh!" "Don't tell the others lost in the story the truth."

Enoch had something to say to them about their Mysteries.

Enoch One

Chapter 16
1 From the days of the slaughter and destruction and death of the giants, from the souls of whose flesh the spirits, having gone forth, shall destroy without incurring judgement −thus shall they destroy until the day of the consummation, the great judgement in which the age shall be 2 consummated, over the Watchers and the godless, yea, shall be wholly consummated." And now as to the Watchers who have sent thee to intercede for them, who had been aforetime in heaven, say to them:

3 "You have been in heaven, but all the mysteries had not yet been revealed to you, and you knew worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts you have made known to the women, and through these mysteries women and men work much evil on earth."

4 Say to them therefore: " You have no peace."

We know them by their fruit.

As the word suggests, we are all hypocrites. No Christian practices what they preach. They preach the words of Christ, yet fail to fulfill the words of Jesus. It's a paradox of Harpocrates. Judge not lest ye be judged. Shhhh!

edit on 15-10-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I am interested in your impressions of Fides? Fides - The Secret of the God they Worship

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have a question for you: Do you oppose secrecy or privacy?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I have one too. When you pray to Lucifer, do you kneel?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

Shhhh!
"A rose by any other name……"

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
"In this way Harpocrates, the child Horus, personifies the newborn sun each day, the first strength of the winter sun, and also the image of early vegetation. Egyptian statues represent the child Horus, pictured as a naked boy with his finger on his chin with the fingertip just below the lips of his mouth, a realization of the hieroglyph for "child" that is unrelated to the Greco-Roman and modern gesture for "silence". Misunderstanding this sign, the later Greeks and Roman poets made Harpocrates the god of Silence and Secrecy, taking their cue from Marcus Terentius Varro, who asserted in De lingua Latina of Caelum (Sky) and Terra (Earth)"

in other words horus was the god of silence because WE made him that way. so whatever theory you are basing on the god of silence, you are basing it on a misunderstanding.

same article you linked in your post.
edit on 24-10-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Silence can be golden.
I wonder what if any ties the donkey changing into a man has to do with Jesus riding that ass?

There once was a man long ago that was lonely and found out why some things should remain quite and on their natural coarse. You see he knew alot of the secrets you speak of and he could talk to animals and he knew how to transform them back into humans. He decided to change a lady swan into a full human so that he could have a mate. He did and they lived for a while until she began to break out with bumps. Today we would call it fibromyalga or something like that. He pondered and asked GOD why he cursed her and the response was that her sickness was caused by becoming human too soon and that if she would have lived her swan life and then became human naturally she would be healthy and that the processes of nature have reason that he did not forsee because he viewed GOD as being a dick for not giving him a wife and in the end their hearts were torn into because of what he had done. Even greater fault was found because he did not keep the knowledge quite and others followed in his steps. A great sickness came upon mankind.

Shall i tell you the secrets i have found of how these deeds can be performed? I came into all this with a strong hatrid or hidden knowledge and secrets but over time answers appear and must be told.

new topics

top topics

join