It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola screening at Heathrow called a ‘joke’ as passengers simply bypass process

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I know, I knw you are all sick of ATS ebola style, but I thought if this hadn't already been posted, that it may have been of some interest.

Ebola screening of passengers arriving in Britain from high risk countries was blasted as a ‘joke’ by one of the first passengers tested at Heathrow airport – as it emerged there could be 10,000 new cases a week worldwide within two months.

Joke?

Here's why...

He said most of the passengers from his flight from Liberia did not go into the screening room.

Yes, that's right, most passengers arriving from Liberia didn't go through screening, because they have made it optional!

Optional!

My goodness, how does this stem the potential tide?

Linky to Article

I did see this passenger on the news last night and thought perhaps I heard wrong, but apparently not, I think if we are going to have a screening programme it should be mandatory, refuse and you cannot re-enter the UK.

It's not something I want to see, people forced to undergo screening, but it is the only sensible course of action if you hope to remain ebola free, or at least be seen to be trying.

Just wondered if the same was happening in the States?

(Mods please delete if already posted in one of the existing threads, or already has a thread of it's own)
edit on 15-10-2014 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Typical ! .. i cant believe what is happening ? .. anyone would think TPTB want us to die !

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadlink
Typical ! .. i cant believe what is happening ? .. anyone would think TPTB want us to die !

I'm not sure what bothers me more, the fact that they set up a screening program not fit for purpose, or the waste of tax payers money in its implementation, not sure TPTB want us dead though, perhaps a haircut maybe?
edit on 15-10-2014 by solargeddon because: Being metaphorical and failing!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Putting the psycotic and panic stricken members apart...

If people have even listened to me... WHICH I HUGELY DOUBT AS MOST IGNORAMOUSES DONT EVEN FOLLOW THROUGH WITH MOST OPs or any Radio shows here on ATS and just BANG on with an unthought of response...

Having played a large part in tropical disease research over the past 25 years... Including Ebola and Marburg in Biosafety level 3 and 4 labs... I would like to think think... or hope that I know what I am talking about. (Don't ask for more details... I will not give out because of legal reasons.)

I have deliberately not got too involved as I absolutely detest the word from certain TROLLS which is SHILL... bla bla bla... So easy from someone who does not wish to have an intelligent conversation or debate?

RIGHT... back to the OP : I was over in the UK last week (i do quite a few return trips by air to the UK, USA etc etc etc... with the exception of West African countries for the moment...)

Only things I was searched for at manchester airport and also Paris Charles de Gaule airport were explosives on my hands, belt and shoes...

I would like to say something else to the whiny silly people out there...

For so long that Ebola has SUDDENLY come to your attention YOU have been whining that all US airports with people coming from West Africa should be shut down...

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN YOUR COUNTRY GVT ACTUALLY TAKE THESE MEASURES THE SAME POSTERS WHO COMPLAIN THAT YOUR GVT ARE NOT TAKING ENOUGH MEASURES WHINGE AND WHINE THAT YOUR FREEDOM HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY When they actually décidé to take measures?

GROW UP BUNCH OF WHINGY WHINERS.... FOR CRIPES SAKE????

How silly you are...

KIndest respects

Rodinus

Ps. I will probably get MEGA FLAMED for my post but to be quite honest I do not give a hoot... If you feel bad about what I have written then I can only say one thing... THE TRUTH HURTS...

edit on 15/10/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

edit on 15/10/14 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rodinus
Putting the psycotic and panic stricken members apart...

If people have even listened to me... WHICH I HUGELY DOUBT AS MOST IGNORAMOUSES DONT EVEN FOLLOW THROUGH WITH MOST OPs or any Radio shows here on ATS and just BANG on with an unthought of response...

Having played a large part in tropical disease research over the past 25 years... Including Ebola and Marburg in Biosafety level 3 and 4 labs... I would like to think think... or hope that I know what I am talking about. (Don't ask for more details... I will not give out because of legal reasons.)

I have deliberately not got too involved as I absolutely detest the word from certain TROLLS which is SHILL... bla bla bla... So easy from someone who does not wish to have an intelligent conversation or debate?

RIGHT... back to the OP : I was over in the UK last week (i do quite a few return trips by air to the UK, USA etc etc etc... with the exception of West African countries for the moment...)

Only things I was searched for at manchester airport and also Paris Charles de Gaule airport were explosives on my hands, belt and shoes...

For so long that Ebola has SUDDENLY come to your attention YOU have been whining that all US airports with people coming from West Africa should be shut down...

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN YOUR COUNTRY GVT ACTUALLY TAKE THESE MEASURES THE SAME POSTERS WHO COMPLAIN THAT YOUR GVT ARE NOT TAKING ENOUGH MEASURES WHINGE AND WHINE THAT YOUR FREEDOM HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY????

How silly you are...

KIndest respects

Rodinus

Ps. I will probably get MEGA FLAMED for my post but to be quite honest I do not give a hoot... If you feel bad about what I have written then I can only say one thing... THE TRUTH HURTS...

and your point is?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
My point is that if you take enough time to read through every single Ebola thread here then certain people should STOP the panic.full Stop

Your point in posting your response please?

Kindest respects

Rodinis
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Guten Morgen from Flori-Duh, 'Murica- As-selamu Alaykum, Shalom Aleichem, Howdy- (long for the Native greeting of How) (That ought to throw Ya...)

Why would anyOne get upset at something You said or did? Oh wait... The intraweb, where One would think the anonymity would allow 'simple shat' to roll off the back, guess not?. I didn't even have to watch the video or read the link. I'd go as far to say/type, that when the plane pulled into the tarmac and stopped moving folks started grabbing for "their shat" and then just stood in the aisles waiting for the BEEP, the whole time thumbing their nose at "common courtesy" and following the simple instructions of allowing the plane to come to a complete stop.

Remember when the human thought the Earth was the center of the universe? That is these folks "Think Globally, Act Locally" campaign, "They" are the center of the Universe, screw everyOne that isn't near them. This is part/parcel of the "entitlement mentality" 'EveryOne gets a trophy' They are only concerned for what is best for them. Need proof? Look at any erection results. Self-centered; ego-centric 'give it a name'...

So,sew, You have at least One 'Murican that won't argue w/You. "Many" are self centered "wankers." (I've seen Keen Eddie and Hustle..)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
????

And in basic english please if possible?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
a reply to: JimNasium

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus
my point was, you sounded disconjointed in your post, i was asking for some clarity.

edit on 15-10-2014 by PLAYERONE01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Folks is turds. Them in 'Murica the biggest, stinkiest...

In other countries, it is "me, me, me.." Here it is "ME,ME,ME,ME,ME" can I squeeze some more of Me in there? The US is the birthplace of "Self-Centerdness"...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I believe I was clear enough but please feel free to help me out?

Kindest respects

Rod

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
you mean boasting highly about your past career to put yourself on a pedastal above the people your trying to silence, offereing no proof of said career as you feel it would only lead to targeting, then going on a verbal tyrade as if you were given carte blanche by calling people expressing an opinion against yours as trolls and shills, whinging whining.
i find your elitist mentality offensive, sure your not the shill and the troll, seems your giving a hoot now, Doc.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN YOUR COUNTRY GVT ACTUALLY TAKE THESE MEASURES THE SAME POSTERS WHO COMPLAIN THAT YOUR GVT ARE NOT TAKING ENOUGH MEASURES WHINGE AND WHINE THAT YOUR FREEDOM HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY When they actually décidé to take measures?

Because they made it optional, therefore a fruitless waste of money.

My point is that if you take enough time to read through every single Ebola thread here then certain people should STOP the panic.full Stop

About 162,000 results for ebola on the ATS search engine, got any more ideas?

You're usually someone I enjoy reading Rodinus, I think you're a little off your game this morning though.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
No. It is so easy to come out with the word "boasting´ is it not? Glad that this makes you feel good. I only wanted to express my feelings and share past experience and not have a conflict with certain membets... Sad...

Think and post what you feel... Your opinion is understood and respected and I for one will not be as agressive in my typed words as yourself. Have you at least taken the time to go through my posting history? Methinks not!

Sorry on a darned IPhone right now and cant type correctly.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Will get back to you when I am in front of my computer...

Was in the airport this morning and typed too quickly.

Am all over the place at the moment!

My apologies.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

No need for apologies. I'll give you a little more meat to respond to if you get some time.

I only wanted to express my feelings and share past experience and not have a conflict with certain membets... Sad...
----------------
Think and post what you feel... Your opinion is understood and respected and I for one will not be as agressive in my typed words as yourself.

I know you weren't naming names but you can't really play victim after this entrance, can you?

WHINGE AND WHINE

GROW UP BUNCH OF WHINGY WHINERS....

How silly you are...

Doesn't seem very respectful, especially coming from someone who considers themselves to know more than the average person on this topic. I know you are the kind of poster that could educate without this nonsense if you wanted to.

I have deliberately not got too involved as I absolutely detest the word from certain TROLLS which is SHILL

Maybe they detest the word TROLL and prefer "differently opinioned".

THE TRUTH HURTS...

You didn't bring any facts to the table in this thread so I'm not sure which truth is hurting anyone.

I hope you don't see this as confrontational, the reason I felt compelled to respond is that it just seems, to me, so out of character with your usually high standard (IMO) of post.
edit on 15-10-2014 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

No need for apologies. I'll give you a little more meat to respond to if you get some time.

I only wanted to express my feelings and share past experience and not have a conflict with certain membets... Sad...
----------------
Think and post what you feel... Your opinion is understood and respected and I for one will not be as agressive in my typed words as yourself.

I know you weren't naming names but you can't really play victim after this entrance, can you?

WHINGE AND WHINE

GROW UP BUNCH OF WHINGY WHINERS....

How silly you are...

Doesn't seem very respectful, especially coming from someone who considers themselves to know more than the average person on this topic. I know you are the kind of poster that could educate without this nonsense if you wanted to.

I have deliberately not got too involved as I absolutely detest the word from certain TROLLS which is SHILL

Maybe they detest the word TROLL and prefer "differently opinioned".

THE TRUTH HURTS...

You didn't bring any facts to the table in this thread so I'm not sure which truth is hurting anyone.

I hope you don't see this as confrontational, the reason I felt compelled to respond is that it just seems, to me, so out of character with your usually high standard (IMO) of post.

You are quite right in all aspects BA.

I wrote that post in haste without thinking as have become very frustrated recently with the amount of people who have banged on about the fact that their Gvt (whatever country) are not doing anything.

What niggles me is the fact that whenever a country does in fact do something, the same people who went on about their country NOT doing anything will still find something to grumble about when their country actually DOES do something...

Sincerest apologies to those who were hurt by my typed feelings at such an early time in the morning on my side of the planet...

I would also like to add the following... some people might think that I am "Boasting"... How I detest that word...

NO... I wasn't... Just the way that I typed my words out...

To get things straight for a couple of respected members here :

Many members here on ATS know exactly what I have done and what I do career wise (also still working in a way with infectious tropical diseases...) and I will not justify YET again my past and current situation as I just cannot go into too many details for legal and confidential reasons...

Those who do not like this answer... then tough... I cannot and will not justify to those who wish to gain an intellectual erection or put me down in front of the rest of the ATS community... You can always U2U me if needed?

I don't normally get annoyed but sometimes... Grrrrrrr

My public apologies to those who have a different opinion, I got quite carried away.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

How silly you are...

Well,
I read through your entire post.
They aren't whining about freedoms being taken away.
They are saying that is that the steps being taken are not being done properly.

YOUR post exhibits about 90% of the whining you are apparently so upset about.
The other 10% seems to be you not understanding the point of the thread.

Not to mention that you have totally derailed this thread.

The point is that the few steps being taken are not being done properly.

edit on 15-10-2014 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
To a certain member here.

Thank you sincerely for your U2U... deeply appreciated.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: badgerprints

I have apologised already and explained for the fact of me apparently being a 90% whiner and 10% dork

Please care to take a little time to read my answers. (some people might turn that around as a lame excuse but to be quite honest I do not have all day to justify myself.)

Thank you for your input to my post and respected understood comments.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

<<   2 >>

join