It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I wonder what Stephen King is doing?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I think he was saying that the whole team could have failed in following protocol.

But Dr. Tom Frieden, head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, on Sunday raised concerns about a possible breach of safety protocol and told CBS' "Face the Nation" that among the things CDC will investigate is how the workers took off that gear — because removing it incorrectly can lead to a contamination.

"I think the fact that we don't know of a breach in protocol is concerning, because clearly there was a breach in protocol," Frieden said. "We have the ability to prevent the spread of Ebola by caring safely for patients ... We'll conduct a full investigation of what happens before health workers go in, what happens when they're there, and what happens in the taking out, taking off their protective equipment because infections only occur when there's a breach in protocol."

www.newsmax.com...

Notice he says "workers". To me, that means he thinks any of them might not have followed the protocols correctly, which puts any of them at risk. I don't see any contradiction there.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com www.Newsmax.com...
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

link   

edit on 12-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

how far does 'it' go before that line is crossed and we implement operation survive ebola?

Well, still using the hurricane comparison...if that tipping point is the same as everyone else - we're screwed.

link   

originally posted by: MistyMountain

originally posted by: texasgirl
They have a team cleaning out the area of the apartment complex on the 3700 block of Marquita? I believe that's in Fort Worth. Am I wrong?

It's in Dallas off of Greenville Ave-a popular neighbor known as the "M Streets." A couple of miles south of Presby hospital.

Yes, I figured that out. Thanks much, though. It's 5700 block Marquita, they made a mistake on the address earlier this morning.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I started to wonder about the stated Ebola infectiousness limitations because health care workers acting under very precise conditions and wearing full protection have been getting infected. That implies either a breach of protocol while using PPEs-- which is possible -- or being infected when not wearing all their gear.

So I'm in "what if?" mode: what if Ebola starts to become infectious in some patients several hours before they are actually symptomatic? In those circumstances, a care provider could be infected by another -- even if the other feels fine. And as not all patients are brought down by a virus at exactly the same rate, an infected care giver could possibly be "asymptomatic" for a day or two, but actually contagious.

I mean, what's the precise moment when we can say a person is symptomatic? It can be very hard to determine. The "fever" test is based on the concept that we all have the same normal temp. But in fact, we don't. Some members here have stated their "normal" temp is slightly lower than the "standard" norm, so they could begin a fever but not show as having one.

So how can we be certain that they are not infectious at all prior to showing symptoms? Even if the "time lag" is only a couple of hours that is quite long enough for an infected person to potentially spread the virus to others.

Pure speculation on my part. Just putting it out there.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

You can bet he won't be in Dallas!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

I spelled it out in this thread. You'll find it in my second to last post. www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=Snarl

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Hanging out with Captain Trips.

"Baby can you dig your man. . . . . . "
edit on 12-10-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Honestly - the level of cognitive dissonance this is creating in my mind is nerve-wracking.

On the one hand I don't want to be declared a crazy nutter, snickered at for asking tough questions and trying to situate my family to best manage/survive the worst case scenario.

On the other hand, every thing about this seems hinky to me, poorly managed and spiraling out of control.

If I bug out, what are the real life implications? If I play it safe but I'm wrong does it cost loss of income/employment? Should that even be a consideration when we are talking about a potential outbreak with a 60 to 90 percent death rate?

I have been through numerous hurricanes..one need only look at Katrina to see the fallout when it goes horribly wrong...and that is a crisis that is predictable, sweeps through, then leaves. Ebola, not so much.

My concerns EXACTLY. I never jumped on board any of the common conspiracies spouted on this site, and still don't believe this is some bioengineered agent let loose to depopulate us.

But I have to face facts and use common sense. The government is lying to us, from the beginning, to save Obola's precious edge in the Senate, and to save the economy from free-fall. And those lies are breaking down with every new report. Louise Troh and family are NOWHERE to be seen, and we will not know if / when they are infected, nor when they die, because it will be hidden from us. I expect Monday to be a dark day for stocks, and there will be renewed calls to stop all air travel and invalidate any passports from those effected areas. Is it already too late to stop this from becoming endemic here?

When do I tell my employer I refuse to get on an airplane? When I refuse to stay in hotels and eat in public? When I refuse to be around others that choose to continue to do so? When I finally refuse to report to the office completely and self-isolate? Will I wait too late and kill myself and my wife?

These are serious thoughts to consider.

link   
a reply to: texasgirl

What's scary is the super popular sports bar on the corner of that block! It always hosts a TX/OU party (which was yesterday.) Lots of drunk college kids potentially walking around the infected area.

link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I'll be watching that flick here after my shower.

Maybe I should add some bleach.

Scariest flick of all time IMHO. Because it could actually happen.

link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

originally posted by: CardiffGiant

how far does 'it' go before that line is crossed and we implement operation survive ebola?

Well, still using the hurricane comparison...if that tipping point is the same as everyone else - we're screwed.

You can choose for yourself. Would you rather be two weeks too early? Or one day too late?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

"Baby can you dig your man. . . . . . "

The name is ironic - Captain Trips. It was a trip that started this.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

And when you are talking about FIVE HCWs now - this nurse, Spain, Brantly, Writbol, Sacra - it definitely makes one wonder about the competency of the CDC...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I live in Texas, but not in Dallas - here is when I'm bugging out: when someone comes down with ebola who had no known direct contact with ebola, or no known direct contact with someone who did have direct contact. In other words, when someone gets it who had absolutely no idea how they could have gotten it - that's when I will freak out.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted
Putting the final touches to his Bug Out Kit.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I live in Texas, but not in Dallas - here is when I'm bugging out: when someone comes down with ebola who had no known direct contact with ebola, or no known direct contact with someone who did have direct contact. In other words, when someone gets it who had absolutely no idea how they could have gotten it - that's when I will freak out.

By then, it'll be too late.

In my humble opinion.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You mean like the NBC reporter?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Frieden of the CDC needs to be fired for deliberate lying and spreading of misinformation.

They claim this new victim "didn't follow procedure" and there is no danger to anyone else, but they have gone to extreme lengths to decontaminate her car, apartment and contact everyone within a four block radius of where she lived.

Rawlings said officials have knocked on every door within a block of the apartment and have spoken with every person that came to the door. Reverse 911 calls have been made to residents within four blocks of the apartment complex and printed materials have been left at each door, he said.

A team has decontaminated and secured the vehicle the health care worker drove to the hospital. Rawlings said hazmat units will go into the worker's apartment and clean up the interior Sunday.

Source

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join